EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad stories

+12
Copperlou
Sakiara
Arkanay
Aieru
LordRemington
MarkyDMan
MilkAndCookies
TyrannoFan
Trick
SuperLoki
ArsDraconis
SSJ3_Raditz
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sad stories Empty Sad stories

Post by SSJ3_Raditz Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:38 pm

I'm bored, so I made this thread. Put all the sad stories you can make/have heard of here.

I have one. It's from a guy I met in a seminar we went to in a field trip. He told it to our class while we were there.

He came from a poor family in the slums, and his father was a janitor. At first, the guy was really close to his dad, until one day, the guy had motion sickness while riding in a bus. The dad told him not to vomit, but the guy couldn't help it and vomited on the floor. His father began swearing at him along the lines of "You disgusting, shameless slob!". The guy broke all his ties with his father after that. A few years later the dad became an overseas worker, and the guy got into high school.

Every year the dad would return every January, but the guy ignored him for his entire stay. When the dad was away, he would send the guy letters, which the guy left unopened. It continued for years.

Much later, after struggling to keep up funds, the guy graduates from collage as a cum laude, and the father comes to the stage to put on him the awards. The guy ignores his father as he puts on the awards, and later they meet up and eat in an eatery.

Their conversation goes without the guy replying to his dad, but then the dad shows a silver necklace and told him that it took almost all the money he had earned as a overseas worker to buy it, and the guy started to cry and accepted the gift. While that guy was telling that story to us most of my classmates began crying.

The guy later left to meet up with someone at work and let his cellphone off for two hours. After leaving work, he finds a lot of missed calls from his cellphone, all from his mother. He immediately comes home and discovers that his dad died of a heart attack. And pretty much everyone in the class except me were covering their heads(I don't like to expose emotions) after that. We later went to sleep in the seminar(overnight stay).

That's pretty much it.
SSJ3_Raditz
SSJ3_Raditz

Spore Name : SSJ3_Raditz

Back to top Go down

Sad stories Empty Re: Sad stories

Post by ArsDraconis Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:40 am

Well...this was depressing.
ArsDraconis
ArsDraconis
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : ArsDraconis
Location : I know I need a funny location, but I just can't think of any! D:

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/ArsDraconis

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:58 am

Well... it's those kind of things that make me really worry about my father and how I should get back into contact with him... me and my friend have already lost a grandfather without any last words...
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:59 am

I was next to my uncle when he died Crying or Very sad
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:01 am

Sad stories make you sad.

Sadness is indescribable.

You just get this... strange... feeling.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkAndCookies Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:22 am

Sad stories. Sadness... Strange feeling, yeah.

Lots of the stuff next to me end up sadly. Deaths, yes. In the last 2 years many have occurred. Even though that doesn´t worry me much cause, in most cases I never saw those people. But still, when the whole bunch of people start to die around you make you wonder.

Not only deaths. Divorces sounded so wrong a few years ago, but now it seems like a normal thing. It is sad things end up that way. If that happened to me and my family... god, I would... I don´t know what I would do. It sounds just so awful from this perspective.
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsDraconis Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:57 am

In the past year, 2/5 of my family died. Crying or Very sad
ArsDraconis
ArsDraconis
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : ArsDraconis
Location : I know I need a funny location, but I just can't think of any! D:

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/ArsDraconis

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:35 am

Well, my dad told me of his last night with his dad. He told me that he was visiting his dad, who was 82. They ate some toast, and then went up to the bedroom. My grandpa was about to go to bed, when he suddenly sat back up and gave my dad a hug, saying how much he loved him. I'm in tears as I write this. My dad stayed with him for a while, then said his goodbyes and went home. That was Saturday night. Sunday morning, and just before church my mum got a phone call saying my grandpa had a heart attack while asleep. Both my parents rushed out, while me and my friend Callum (hawkman226 to those who know him on Spore) sat down and talked about it confused
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:25 am

I haven't actually had a family member die, while I was aware of it, the only one who has died in my lifetime is my Great grandmother, who died when I was 3.

Probably the saddest time for me was when my best friend died from Cardiac Arrest. He was born with a hole in his heart and he only had one surgery to go which was to get a new heart. 2 year ago I stayed over at his house, it was Friday. On Sunday I got the call he died. I was the last one outside of his family to see him alive. So far that has been one of the most painful things to ever happen to me. Its more painful Knowing he didn't get to live his life. He was only about to turn 16 when he died.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:41 am

My grand-dad got hit by a car and died. I witnessed the event, and it was terrifying. Like, some of his muscles were torn off, and even when he went to hospital, he died.

I just had to remember, didn't I? Sad
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by Aieru Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:47 am

Noone who I really care about has died so far. However, both my grandfathers have died, and I (strangely enough) couldn't care less. Isn't that a sad story? Sad
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:12 am

Aieru wrote:Noone who I really care about has died so far. However, both my grandfathers have died, and I (strangely enough) couldn't care less. Isn't that a sad story? Sad

Not really. If you weren't close to them it's kind of understandable.

My great grandmother died when I was very little so I can't really recall anything. I'm not happy that she died but I don't feel any grief either - because I didn't make a bond with her that made her a special person in my life.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Aieru Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:18 am

I dont think you understand the problem I have with this. I knew they where around, they were like plants, always there and you dont need to look after them that much, completely useless, but comforting you know? The only time I really got to know something about their lives and the persons they were was the time they dead.

If they would only have spoken to me during their lifetime, I would have had a more normal family. I didn't knew them , so I couldn't care less about their passing, but after they died I get to know them a bit. It's kinda sad don't you think? :/
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:23 am

I understand you better now and I have to agree it is a little sad.

But don't let yourself feel bad about it now.
Aieru, maybe this allows you to learn something and when you become a grandfather yourself you can be a very social, interesting, cool, fun one Smile
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Very sad stories... Sad

The saddest story I have is when my dad died. I wasn't there when he did, but got a call at 2 in the morning from my sister. Worst couple days of my life. He died five years ago now and I remember every detail from that phone call to the wake. However that's spelled....

I've also lost an aunt, an uncle I was close to, and two classmates recently. In high school, lost a friend. My grandpa and grandma are not far now either Sad They are both 90.
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

Back to top Go down

Post by Copperlou Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:32 pm

This thread makes me Sad big time.

I have a few sad stories.

When I was young(around 6), my uncle was shot in the head and died. It was an accident, but I admit I still feel some hate towards the person who did it for being so careless.

When my childhood dog died(I was 10 at the time.) I literally grew up with that dog and would consider her my best friend during that period. I was with her when she died and will never forget when she just stopped breathing. I know I will likely have a very difficult time when one of my current dogs, Lexi, dies. Just thinking about her death makes me tear up, just because I'm so very attached to this dog. I know it will be really hard for me when her time comes. I hold my dogs in higher regard than most people, losing them is just as hard for me as losing a close family member.

When I was in HS, one of my close friends was raped and beaten by her boyfriend. In general, she was a very vulnerable, sensitive person, the type of person it's hard to imagine anyone hurting. Because I did care for her a lot, it was hard to see her go through all the symptoms of a rape victim and suffer the way she did. Soon afterwords, her and her family moved away, according to my friend her parents didn't want her being anywhere near the guy that did it to her, even if he was in jail. A year later when I was 17, I found out she had committed suicide. I don't know all the details of why, since I had lost contact with her after she moved, however it still saddens me to think about it.

When I was in Jr. High, one of my friends overdosed on drugs and died. I don't have a lot of details one this one. I kinda believe that it was a suicide though as unfortunately, he did not have an easy life and suffered from a lot of problems.

And of course, when I worked at the shelter, I got to hear about and see a lot of sad stories there as well. I won't go into those though.
Copperlou
Copperlou
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Female

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore

Back to top Go down

Post by War Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Wow, that sucks hardcore... Sad
War
War
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Warboss92

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:52 pm

Dayamn... loads of sad stories here Sad And Copper, that's really terrible...

I've never really had any massive tragic moments in my life, that I remember. My Great Grandmother died, but I last saw her when I was 1. My Dad told us my parents were getting divorced, just seconds before New Years. It recently occurred to me that their reason why was probably a lie, that we were too young to understand (I was 9).

My Dad's step-Dad had died within the last couple of years, from Cancer. It was diagnosed too late. Me and my sister were never close to him, even when we thought he was our blood-grandfather. Mainly because he was quite a grumpy man, complaining at us (while we were young at the time) but it still pains me that he's gone. Even worse that we never had any last words.

In the recent years, my sister nearly died. My other sister's boyfriend took her to the hospital when she begged for it, and we (or they) later found out she has Brittle Asthma, which is a rare kind of asthma, and it's harder to tell if someone is having an asthma attack. My Mum and Guardian weren't aware, and so thought she was faking it for school (every time she was on the phone, she tried to breath normally). It wasn't until she was minutes from dieing did we all learn the true reality of it, after days of suffering. Even now, it still hurts me, bringing tears to my eyes. Had she passed, that would tear me apart, more than the crap I've dealt with. Horribly enough, I was at the Isle of White this entire time, I didn't find out until I got home, stood in front of the door, and my Mum told me.

There's more details to that story I'm unwilling to share.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Woah. Never knew there were so many tragedies here.

I don't really have sad stories, to be honest.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SSJ3_Raditz Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:35 am

Thomas1134 wrote:Woah. Never knew there were so many tragedies here.

This reminds me a lot of Spacebat.

Some random, injured bat that couldn't fly anymore clinged on to the Discovery shuttle and died as it took off. NASA's report was "The animal likely perished quickly during Discovery’s climb into orbit".

And some others were more sympathetic. Gizmondo.com wrote this:

"Bereft of his ability to fly and with nowhere to go, a courageous bat climbed aboard our Discovery with stars in his weak little eyes. The launch commenced, and Spacebat trembled as his frail mammalian body was gently pushed skyward. For the last time, he felt the primal joy of flight; for the first, the indescribable feeling of ascending toward his dream—a place far away from piercing screeches and crowded caves, stretching forever into fathomless blackness.

Whether he was consumed in the exhaust flames or frozen solid in the stratosphere is of no concern. We know that Spacebat died, but his dream will live on in all of us."

I both laughed my ass off, was awed by how it died, and got sad because of all the circumstances.
SSJ3_Raditz
SSJ3_Raditz

Spore Name : SSJ3_Raditz

Back to top Go down

Post by War Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:51 am

Thomas1134 wrote:

I have a few but they feel minuscule compared to other people's stories :\
War
War
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Warboss92

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:53 am

SSJ3_Raditz wrote:
Thomas1134 wrote:Woah. Never knew there were so many tragedies here.

This reminds me a lot of Spacebat.

Some random, injured bat that couldn't fly anymore clinged on to the Discovery shuttle and died as it took off. NASA's report was "The animal likely perished quickly during Discovery’s climb into orbit".

And some others were more sympathetic. Gizmondo.com wrote this:

"Bereft of his ability to fly and with nowhere to go, a courageous bat climbed aboard our Discovery with stars in his weak little eyes. The launch commenced, and Spacebat trembled as his frail mammalian body was gently pushed skyward. For the last time, he felt the primal joy of flight; for the first, the indescribable feeling of ascending toward his dream—a place far away from piercing screeches and crowded caves, stretching forever into fathomless blackness.

Whether he was consumed in the exhaust flames or frozen solid in the stratosphere is of no concern. We know that Spacebat died, but his dream will live on in all of us."

I both laughed my ass off, was awed by how it died, and got sad because of all the circumstances.

Poor bat Sad
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Copperlou Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:32 am

Bumping this thread. Here's one of my favorite sad/touching stories. Ugly the cat.

"Everyone in the apartment complex I lived in knew who Ugly was. Ugly was the resident tomcat. Ugly loved three things in this world: fighting, eating garbage, and, shall we say, love.

The combination of these things combined with a life spent outside had their effect on Ugly. To start with, he had only one eye and where the other should have been was a hole. He was also missing his ear on the same side, his left foot appeared to have been badly broken at one time, and had healed at an unnatural angle, making him look like he was always turning the corner.

Ugly would have been a dark gray tabby, striped type, except for the sores covering his head, neck, and even his shoulders. Every time someone saw Ugly there was the same reaction. “That’s one UGLY cat !”

All the children were warned not to touch him, the adults threw rocks at him, hosed him down, squirted him when he tried to come in their homes, or shut his paws in the door when he would not leave. Ugly always had the same reaction.

If you turned the hose on him, he would stand there, getting soaked until you gave up and quit. If you threw things at him, he would curl his lanky body around your feet in forgiveness.

Whenever he spied children, he would come running, meowing frantically and bump his head against their hands, begging for their love.

If you ever picked him up he would immediately begin suckling on your shirt, earrings, whatever he could find.

One day Ugly shared his love with the neighbor’s dogs. They did not respond kindly, and Ugly was badly mauled. I tried to rush to his aid. By the time I got to where he was laying, it was apparent Ugly’s sad life was almost at an end.

As I picked him up and tried to carry him home, I could hear him wheezing and gasping, and could feel him struggling. It must be hurting him terribly, I thought.

Then I felt a familiar tugging, sucking sensation on my ear. Ugly, in so much pain, suffering and obviously dying, was trying to suckle my ear. I pulled him closer to me, and he bumped the palm of my hand with his head, then he turned his one golden eye towards me, and I could hear the distinct sound of purring.

Even in the greatest pain, that ugly battled scarred cat was asking only for a little affection, perhaps some compassion. At that moment I thought Ugly was the most beautiful, loving creature I had ever seen. Never once did he try to bite or scratch me, try to get away from me, or struggle in any way. Ugly just looked up at me completely trusting in me to relieve his pain.

Ugly died in my arms before I could get inside, but I sat and held him for a long time afterwards, thinking about how one scarred, deformed little stray could so alter my opinion about what it means to have true pureness of spirit, to love so totally and truly.

Ugly taught me more about giving and compassion than a thousand books, lectures, or talk show specials ever could, and for that I will always be thankful. He had been scarred on the outside, but I was scarred on the inside, and it was time for me to move on and learn to love truly and deeply. To give my total to those I cared for.

Many people want to be richer, more successful, well liked, beautiful, but for me…I will always try to be Ugly."
Copperlou
Copperlou
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Female

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:44 am

And Spacebat is my hero.
Descardion
Descardion