EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels

+22
NGin
Shardna
Red-Indigo
LordRemington
Illusionary
Pikachu
sjhorm
MjrGlory
MilkAndCookies
Descardion
LoD
Andeavor
Shadow
Hutch
Tyranidking
Xaesheir
Vereor
Trick
Aletrius
Arkanay
Shiny_Glass
Vektrix
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels Empty Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels

Post by Vektrix Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:42 am

OK, I am sure many of us have played many games, both good and bad, and even some indifferent. I am also sure that there are missions, levels, scenes, sequences and sections of some games that you just HAVE to play again and again for whatever reason. In this thread you may discuss these events.

For example, here are some I just have to play over and over....

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Bus Depot

An amazing little battle which is a great little lesson in Urban Warfare. You have to take the Bus Depot, but the Chimera hold various parts of it and you need to use cunning to actually defeat them. They even get reinforcements.

Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition - Capture the Flag: Orbital

Set teams to even, and maximum number of members and watch the mayhem ensue, this level has EVERYTHING. Bottlenecks, Sniper Nests, Multiple points of entry, an escheresque central hallway, killzones and hiding places. The backdrop is cool too, and it even works well for strategic thinking... it is especially good when you are frustrated, and amazing using the GOTYE weapons pack.

Formula 1 Grand Prix 3 - Monaco Grand Prix

Monaco is arguably the greatest race track in the world, and on F1GP it has always been fun, frustrating and exciting to race on. A real test of driving skill, I especially like setting the race to 100% and qualifying last... the challenge of over-taking on this tricky circuit is immense.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels Empty Re: Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels

Post by Shiny_Glass Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:45 am

Guitar Hero -Through the fire and flames
I'm never gonna give up. I am gonna beat that song!

Metroid prime 3 -First ridley boss
I love this boss fight, and i must play it.. *Plays it now*
Shiny_Glass
Shiny_Glass
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : glasspinne

Back to top Go down

Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels Empty Re: Greatest Video Game Scenes/Missions/Levels

Post by Vektrix Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:49 am

That reminds me....

Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock - "Lay Down" by Priestess

The first track I EVER got 100% at any level of the game. If I get frustrated at failing on other tracks I fall back on this one to relieve my stress and remind me I can actually play this game Laughing
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:50 am

There are many scenes I enjoy but I will only say some.

Medal of Honor: Frontline
D-Day battle part.

Fallout 3
Fighting alongside the Brotherhood of Steel versus Mutants.

Duke Nukem

The whole game Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:50 am

When I played Guitar Hero III on easy, I got chucked of the stage on Slow Ride. :/
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny_Glass Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:51 am

Thomas1134 wrote:When I played Guitar Hero III on easy, I got chucked of the stage on Slow Ride. :/
*Can't laugh because it's so funny*

One hour later..

..Sorry.
Shiny_Glass
Shiny_Glass
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : glasspinne

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:52 am

I just couldn't get my head around it. Laughing
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:52 am

Need For Speed World:

All my successfully evaded pursuits Very Happy
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vereor Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:55 am

World of Warcra... Never mind...

Armored Core For Answer
The first White Glint fight. Took me a while to wrap my head around how to beat her...
Vereor
Vereor
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : JAkster666

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:56 am

Halo 2: High Charity

I just love the setting and atmosphere. Music is good as well. Halo 2 should be remade with a graphics overhaul.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vereor Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:59 am

Halo 3: The Very Last Mission

Because after the epic warthog ride i at least wanted the Chief to survive... Go figure...
Vereor
Vereor
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:59 am

He did, of course. If you watch through the credits, you find out that he survived.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vereor Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:01 am

O.o Lies... *Inserts Halo 3 CD into Xbox*

EDIT: Last time i ever skip the credits... Well that brightens up my day Very Happy

Last edited by Jakster on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Vereor
Vereor
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:04 am

He just goes into cryo.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:11 am

Guitar Hero 6
Completed Fury of The Storm 95% Expert Hyperspeed 3 with the new Guitar (No warrior abilities).
Completed Quest Mode with No Fails and all tracks above 90% note hit (4 FC's).

Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Beat the #2 ranked team on the UK ladder while ranked as #12. Final match played on Vegas Junk-yard, I got the last kill with a FAMAS.

Earthbound
Final Battle against Giygas.
Maxed out Ness's Level beforehand and got all of Poo's rare equips after restarting the game several times trying to get the Sword of Kings drop.

Extreme-G 1
Pretty much the whole game is one giant epic trip with Bikes racing around at like 600mph.

SPORE
Creating Stuff.
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : xDoomsoulx

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:27 am

You sound obsessed with guitar hero. Wink
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:41 am

Indeed.
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : xDoomsoulx

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:05 am

Guitar Hero: Metallica - "The Four Horsemen" by Metallica

Awesome song and a some really funny stage antics by the band members.

Last edited by Vektrix on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:23 am

*Kirby 64- Shiver Star factory was fun ^^ And miracle matter is a brilliant boss to finish.

*Sonic Unleashed- Fantastic game all-round. Dark Guardian was a bit of an anticlimax though, considering it was built up to be really tough in the intro cinematic, only for you to wipe the floor with it. He still looks awesome, mind.

My favourite level had the be the Egg Dragoon/Dark Gaia conclusion.

*Sonic and the Black Knight- Loved the Dragon levels ^^

*Endless Ocean II- Thanatos. Hoo boy, Thanatos :3
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutch Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:09 am

Every cut scene in halo reach is an awesome cut scene. Period.

Probably the best one being, the introduction for the 3rd or 4th level. "Tip of the spear" Where you have a SWARM of warthogs and falcons charging right into the bad guys. It really does make good use of the game's graphic engine and bungie's experience in making excellent cinematic moments. Add that with awesome Background music. And you have, true. Raw epicness.

Hutch
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Thestarwarsgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:38 pm

Metal Gear Solid is an awesome game, especially Snake eater.
Shadow
Shadow
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : alien7249

http://www.daac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:57 pm

SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm
About halfway through you re-appear in the fallen library where you have to set up a camp to fight your way through. In the meantime two new allies will assist in fighting off the ongoing attacks by the three minor camps literally beating most of the enemies for you while you can sit back, let your camp grow and watch the epic fight.

It sure is re-playable to no end.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:57 am

THe fighting scenes in pokemon are awesome. Smile

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:47 pm

The revealing of the truth behind Hustler One/Nineball and the final battle with him/her/it in Armored Core: Master of Arena.

The final battle with Mother Brain in Super Metroid.

The last battle with Ganon in LoZ:OoT.

Kefka's global genocide and acquisition of Godhood halfway through Final Fantasy 6. The final battle with him cannot be described in words.

The battle with "Red" in the Generation 2 Pokemon games, or Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Especially in HGSS: The moment you enter Mt. Silver, turn on the GB Player and keep it on all the way through the final battle. You will shiver uncontrollably, I'm dead serious.

Silent Hill 2, all the way through. In my humble opinion, one of the deepest and most beautiful games ever created. It is SoTC tier. Nothing stands out that I'll mention. It's simply... Perfect. Don't play it if you have a weak stomach and psyche, but otherwise... You're missing out.

"Revenge of Meta Knight" in both the original Kirby: Super Star and the remake. If Kirby didn't prove his sheer badassery then, he never will.

Everything involving Albert Wesker from Resident Evil.

"Sorry, yo woman is in anotha crib bro" from the original Super Mario Bros.

Finding out the cake was a lie in Portal.

I'll think of more at some point if I still care. I'm still reeling from having my ability to make mechs castrated.
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkAndCookies Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Devil May Cry is the game I loved to play, though I never finished it, cuz my CD stopped working just 2 levels till the end. Crying or Very sad
Lots of cool scenes, and awesome music. I never played DMC 2, 3 or 4... Gosh, I totally have to get those.

Also a epic scene in Mircovolts is when I beat LoD Smile

And... This one scene from Alone in the Dark. Played the game 3 years ago, and never more. o_o
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next