EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone?

+16
Iridescence
Sakiara
OneDeadSlime
TyrannoFan
bmpalmann
world_piece
sjhorm
LordRemington
Lumorei
SuperLoki
Trick
Shadow
Vektrix
Arkanay
Aletrius
Andeavor
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you have/want an iPhone?

Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? VoteBarStart27%Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? VoteBarEnd 27% 
[ 4 ]
Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? VoteBarStart40%Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? VoteBarEnd 40% 
[ 6 ]
Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? VoteBarStart7%Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? VoteBarEnd 7% 
[ 1 ]
Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? VoteBarStart0%Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? VoteBarEnd 0% 
[ 0 ]
Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? VoteBarStart26%Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? VoteBarEnd 26% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 15

Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? Empty Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone?

Post by Andeavor Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:13 am

So I was having a lovely dinner with my family and family friend when sometime after dessert, my sister, her boyfriend and our family friend were all fumbling with their iPhones.

That's when I realized that about 90% of the people I know have an iPhone - I kid you not. Every friend of my mothers in the past year has either bought one, been given one or inherited their children's' old one. All my friends - if you could call them - have one "because of work", they say, and everyone else I run into in the streets has one.

It's an epidemic, and I'm starting to ask myself if they're handing them out somewhere and I don't know it. Mad

If I wanted to buy an iPhone, I would have to pay full price (600 to 900 CHF). Here, in Switzerland, you can only get one for "free" or a minimum price if you signed a new mobile phone contract or if you have a contract that allows you to replace your phone every two years because you're such a good customer, and apperently that includes an iPhone, which here around is mostly used by technologically clueless people 40+.

The worst of all is, they all act as if they invented it.

I don't know, this whole iPhone business is doing my head in. I understand the practicality and the usefulness of apps (of which some are really creative) but it seriously can't be that every clueless schmuck in the world has one... but me. Hunf

What's your take on this?
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? Empty Re: Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone?

Post by Aletrius Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:15 am

Yes.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone? Empty Re: Does seriously 'everyone' have an iPhone?

Post by Arkanay Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:18 am

I do not have an IPhone, since I would not really make much good use of it.
Apparantly it´s not really an epidemic over here as it is there Razz

But I know what you mean, when everyone around you starts caving in to a certain technology and you´re just like none

I used to get really happy about getting a new phone, with many different features and such. These days I´m happy with one that allows phonecalls and messages. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:22 am

I don't like Mobile Phones, much less the iPhone.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:22 am

Not yet, but i am going to buy one after christmas.
Shadow
Shadow
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : alien7249

http://www.daac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:25 am

"I don't give a Floone's bottom about the iPhone."
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:26 am

Laughing
Shadow
Shadow
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:27 am

Most people do.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:27 am

More accurately, "I don't give a **** about the iPhone."

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Apple or their products. The iPod was the only thing I liked, and my years-old bashed-up Nokia has replaced it.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:29 am

Apple invent it - other companies make better ones, same with iPhone for me.

The Mac is the exception to this rule.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:31 am

What touch screen phone would you recommend?
Shadow
Shadow
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:35 am

HTC Desire, hands down. It's the only thing I've ever actually wanted.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:36 am

Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:41 am

Shadow wrote:What touch screen phone would you recommend?

I like Samsung phones, they have a really good Smartphone.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:42 am

Interesting, i'll look into both of your suggestions loki and vek.
Shadow
Shadow
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:55 am

Shadow wrote:What touch screen phone would you recommend?

Samsung phones are good.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:55 am

I just don't see the point of it. Really being honest, people now a days don't buy iphones because of the apps, they buy them because they are "cool" to own. iphones have gotten to the point where they are a social statement. But really whats the point, majority of the apps are just silly games, and the apps that have some sort of practicality, you could just get a laptop for (which would probably be better for it). The only useful function I see with it, is the camera and the web applications, like google maps and weather, but thats it. i'm sticking to my crappy $80 phone, It does what I need it to do, which is contact people, which was the original purpose of a mobile, not the 9 billion apps you can get on them now.

BTW, everyone I know owns an iphone
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:00 am

I think everyone in my family owns an iPhone, and are all getting upgrades and shizz. It's quite hilarious, when I think about it - I'm the only one who doesn't own an Apply product, and I'm not even exaggerating that fact!
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:09 am

You know, I understand when rich people own these gadgets, they have plenty of money to spend, but poor or otherwise financially struggling people can always find the money to afford that kind of luxury, can't they? While other bills go unpaid. Hunf
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:23 am

Andeavor wrote:You know, I understand when rich people own these gadgets, they have plenty of money to spend, but poor or otherwise financially struggling people can always find the money to afford that kind of luxury, can't they? While other bills go unpaid. Hunf

Because they want to give the appearance of wealth Andy. Generally wealthy people are considered cool, so if you own some nice piece of gadgetry like an iphone, you must undoubted be cool, even though now iphones aren't at a higher level, because everyone owns one, they are just the standard now
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:35 am

Does the general populace really consider someone cool just because they own an iPhone?

I surely do not.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:36 am

Same. But that could just be my negativity towards Apple.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:37 am

I have no phone at all. Smile
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:43 am

Hell no

I will never EVER own a smart phone. Not only have I seen too many get lost in that void but I will never allow myself to be 'connected 24/7'.

If I want to remain connected to the world around me, I'll use my 5 senses.

And what is the deal with 10, 11, and 12 year olds owning them? I guess I blame the cellular companies for making them so affordable (despite obvious gouging in other areas).
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:45 am

Arkanay wrote:Does the general populace really consider someone cool just because they own an iPhone?

I surely do not.

Not talking about "everyone". I just mean society in general, obviously some of us ignore the fad.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next