Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<<

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<<

Post by Kevin92 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:32 am

do anyone of you know the serie "Primeval"? they made 1 episode about the spring-helled jack! in the movie it was a prehistoric raptor who came into 1837 by a anormaly portal!^^ the idea was great, a girl hunted the raptor and weared a black coat with 2 swords. the people thought she was springh-helled jack, but she only wanted to hunt the "real" jack....

i didn't know that spring-helled jack is a real myth! i just thoughed they used the name for the tv show Very Happy

i think it was a crazy guy who weares a cout and had a mask on...^^
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:42 am

It's batmans evil twin.

Laughing this is an odd story. I think it was possibly one of those odd curiosities that people liked to toy with, I think it probably originate from some prankster who did this sort of thing as a joke.

In fear or awe you can make a fair few illusions and I guess maybe it started with one guy with a little bit of knowledge of this. Parlour games and tricks would have been popular then and the stuff to perform them was probably quite easily gotten to.

The blue flames is the bit that makes me think its a media frenzy. i guess it could have been some sort of mineral or chemical, but it just seems a bit exaggerated.

Very interesting wierd thing though Very Happy Never heard of it previously.

'Together, we are robots.' 'I am not a robot. I am a unicorn'
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:24 pm

Some people need to lay off the drugs and alcohol. So many of these myths and legends just seem to be hallucinations to me.

Kevin, I have seen Primeval, and despite the fact I "should" like it, I don't. I have no idea why.

An amazing sig by the great MarkyDMan.
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

View user profile http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:23 am

The Jersey Devil

History

Deep within the dense woodlands of New Jersey, there is said to me a grotesque and terrifying creature that many called the Jersey Devil.

Sightings of the began in the mid 1700s and have continued to this day. Two of the earlier but more notable sightings came from Commodore Stephen Decatur and Joseph Bonaparte.

Commodore Stephen Decatur:
According to legend, while visiting the Hanover Mill Works to inspect his cannonballs being forged, Commodore Stephen Decatur sighted a flying creature flapping its wings and fired a cannonball directly upon it to no effect.

Joseph Bonaparte:

Joseph Bonaparte was the eldest brother of Napoleon Bonaparte (Emporer of France). While hunting at his New Jersey Estate, he claimed to have seen a monsterous creature, now believed to be the Jersey Devil.

The Jersey Devil over the many years has been blamed for the death of live stock, unusual tracks found in the woods and un-natural sounds heard.

Belief of the Jersey Devil, became so great amongst some that one person in 1960 even offered $10,000 to anyone who could capture the Jersey Devil alive and offered to build a private zoo to house the creature.

Sightings are still claimed, even in the current day. People who claim to see the Jersey Devil say it is terrifying. In one documentary on the Jersey Devil, as the camera was turned away, one of the investigators, a young girl who was far from the group screamed in terror and ran back to the group, petrified with fear. She supposedly did not speak for several days after the incident and she has refused to this day to say what she saw in the New Jersey woods.

Description:

Descriptions vary, but these are the most commonly cited attributes:

* about three-and-a-half feet high
* a head like a collie dog and a face like a horse
* a long neck
* wings about two feet long
* back legs like those of a crane
* horse's hooves
* walks on its back legs and holds up two short front legs with paws on them

Theories

As with all paranormal creatures, skeptics believe it is nothing more than over active imaginations, or at best a hoax.

Believers are quick to point of that the Jersey Devil shares many characteristics with El Chupacabra, believe it may be the same creature.

However one legend claims that a woman known as "Mother Leeds" invoked the the devil while giving birth to her children by saying "let it be the devil" and while giving birth to her 13th child, when the baby was born, it transformed into a devil like creature and flew into woods.

So what are your thoughts on the Jersey Devil? What do you think it is? Was it a hoax, mistaken identity? Is it El Chupacabra or is it a demon spawn? Or is it a giant mutated chicken goat?

Thanks gen for the awesome sig
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin92 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:59 pm

jersey devil? when i see the pic it looks VERY unrealistic!
maybe the guys seen a huge crane, or a marabou which comes from africa! this is possible cause the bird has a very special head...^^ i'm just saying Very Happy
Kevin92
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Kevin92

View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Kevin92

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:34 am

I used to live on Jersey.... oh, you mean New Jersey? Then call it that.

As with all of these things, I believe it is either someone covering for an indiscretion or a hoax.

An amazing sig by the great MarkyDMan.
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

View user profile http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down