Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<<

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<<

Post by Pikachu on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:42 am

Arkanay wrote:What if there was a whole city of Bigfeet underground? Surprised

would it not be Bigfoots? bigfeet sounds rediculous.
Pikachu
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Stitch1200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:09 am

Bigfoot is real, he starred in his own movie and subsequent TV show. Surprised

But joking aside, my take on this whole phenomenon is mythology meets the media. It's the modern day version of dragons in the Medieval age. Back then, they must have found some dinosaur remains and soon after some have claimed to have seen and slain them.

Yetis, on the other hand, are thought to be the guardians of Shangri-La, the mythical paradise tucked away in the Himalayas keeping anyone snooping around there at bay, but then again, they may very well be a yet to be discovered type of snow gorilla.

Spoiler:
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:14 am

I reckon Snow Gorilla, the other is just far too obvious to be true.
I can see what you mean about dragons though, the skull of an allosaurus would have certainly inspired the imaginative. All it would have taken is one boastful liar to set the whole thing off.

Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Singularity wrote: It's the modern day version of dragons in the Medieval age.

That is a good way to put it, Sing. Thumbs Up

Snow Gorillas, lol. So, do I sense a certain openness to the existence of Yetis? Razz

Would be a crazy experience, crossing the snow covered peaks and being stalked by giant, hairy troglodytes.
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:43 am

Mythology doesn't come out of thin air. Somebody somewhere must have seen something they could not explain without the proper knowledge. A story is retold over and over and in the meantime, a badger turns into a ferocious beast.

Spoiler:
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:19 am

I think there's a possibility that Bigfoot exists, although it's not that likely.

It's good idea to consider every possibility when talking about little known things like this.
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Ghost wrote:I think there's a possibility that Bigfoot exists, although it's not that likely.

It's good idea to consider every possibility when talking about little known things like this.

ofcourse there is a possibility, but its just very very unlikely. My argument is that for bigfoot to still exist today, it would need to have a sizable enough population in order to keep existing, sizeable enough that at some point, somewhere, someone would have had to capture either A) a clear photograph, B] decent video or C) captured one

Thanks gen for the awesome sig
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by jellyman12 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:04 am

Yeah it is possible, but I highly doubt that it's real
jellyman12
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : jellyman12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:31 am

This is what many call proof or bigfoot's existence. A blurry, shaky video of what appears to be a man in a gorilla costume.

This is why I never take any myths seriously e.g bigfoot, lochness monster, crop circles, El Chupacabre is that the only evidence anyone ever seems to be able to come up with, is shaky, super poor quality video, incredibly blurry and un-detailed pictures or cast print that could and alot of times are man made.

No one ever seems to be able to get one single solid piece of evidence for any of them. This is my problem. Considering how often people supposabley come into contact with these strange occurrences or creatures, not one ever seems to have a decent camera on them, or the ability to shoot a decent picture.

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:27 pm

The current topic of Paranormal discussion is:

"Chupacabra"

So, folks? Do you hide your goats every day before the sun goes down? Or are you part of the Chupacabra tribe and steal huevos?

Several pictures and many descriptions of Chupacabras have been reported in and, needless to say, they were all very different from eachother. Sometimes people come across a "special-mutated" animal of an already known species and assume the worst. Then imagination takes over and suddely the one eyed boar has bat wings and fires lightning from his nose.

History from Wiki:
The first reported attacks occurred in March 1995 in Puerto Rico.[5] In this attack, eight sheep were discovered dead, each with three puncture wounds in the chest area and completely drained of blood.[5] A few months later, in August, an eyewitness, Madelyne Tolentino, reported seeing the creature in the Puerto Rican town of Canóvanas, when as many as 150 farm animals and pets were reportedly killed.[5] In 1975, similar killings in the small town of Moca, were attributed to El Vampiro de Moca (The Vampire of Moca).[6] Initially it was suspected that the killings were committed by a Satanic cult; later more killings were reported around the island, and many farms reported loss of animal life. Each of the animals had their bodies bled dry through a series of small circular incisions.

How do you guys feel about our little friend C-goat?

Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:26 pm

El Chupacabra is even less likely than big foot also there is no substantial evidence to back up an of the so called attacks.

The creature itself is a skinny goblin looking thing with big red eyes, so simply from an evolutionary stand point its highly unlikely as what did it descend from?

Also these sightings only started in 1995. You'd think somewhere would have encountered it before.

I think its simply mistaken identity. Wild dogs most likely.

What I find most amusing about it, is that they claim they found a chupacabra skeleton, when the scientists examined it, they discovered it was just a wild dog skeleton. Instead of being relieved, they cursed the scientists and they even received deaths threats. All because they disproved the skeleton.

The thing about urban myths and legends is that when one person claims they see something, then you'll find many more will follow, claiming that they had similar encounters.

As for the dead livestock, there have been many theories such as disease, satanic cults, and most plausible being wild dogs. All of them are far more plausible than the mythical "goat sucker" doing it.

Last edited by LordRemington on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:58 am

I can only go along with Remi's viewpoint and repeat my opinion on mythology for this topic. One person sees something they can't identify due to the lacking of knowledge and by the third time or retelling of their discovery, it's turned into a grade A monster.

Spoiler:
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:05 am

Not to mention that there are a lot of people out there that will do anything (lying, for instance) to appear on TV, magazines, newspapers, etc.

I've seen a TV programme once regarding this matter. Bottom line was that the sightings, if they were real at all, were very likely of wild dogs, coyotes, etc.

More intel from wiki:

In July 2010, there were reports of chupacabras being shot dead by animal control officers in Hood County, Texas. A second creature was also reportedly spotted and killed several miles away.

However, an officer of Hood County animal control said Texas A&M University scientists conducted tests and identified the corpse as a "coyote-dog hybrid" with signs of mange and internal parasites. The second reported chupacabra, shot July 9 about 8 miles south of Cresson, was eaten by vultures before it could be taken for testing.

New information from researcher Benjamin Radford in 2010 revealed that Madelyne Tolentino, the original eyewitness, had described a creature she had recently seen in the science-fiction horror film Species as the chupacabra. The alien in the film, named Sil, is nearly identical to Tolentino’s chupacabra eyewitness account: “It was a creature that looked like the chupacabra, with spines on its back and all….The resemblance to the chupacabra was really impressive,” Tolentino reported. Radford revealed that Tolentino “believed that the creatures and events she saw in Species were actually happening in reality in Puerto Rico at the time,” and therefore concludes that “The popular image of the chupacabra—the one appearing on thousands of books, magazines, and Web sites as a credible eyewitness description—is in fact based on a science fiction film.” This, Radford believes, seriously undermines the credibility of the chupacabra as a real animal.

In late October 2010, University of Michigan biologist Barry O'Connor concluded that all of the 'chupacabras' were simply coyotes infected with the parasite Sarcoptes scabiei. The symptoms of which would explain most of the features of the chupacabra's: they'd be left with little fur, thickened skin, and rank odour. O'Connor theorised the attacks on goats were "because these animals are greatly weakened, they're going to have a hard time hunting. So they may be forced into attacking livestock because it's easier than running down a rabbit or a deer."
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:54 pm

I swear I saw one crossing the border once... :S
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:03 pm

What did it look like, Walrus?
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:52 am

LordRemington wrote:

a skinny goblin looking thing with big red eyes
Basically like that. Except with a bowler hat and cane.
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:54 am

"The goat sucker" Purely myth i am afraId.
Shadow
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : alien7249

View user profile http://www.daac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:58 am

What if Chupacabras were real and they were indeed stalking your cattle and stealing your eggs?

What tactics would you use to prevent them from doing so?

Or would you rather try to tame one? Surprised
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:51 am

Arkanay wrote:What if Chupacabras were real and they were indeed stalking your cattle and stealing your eggs?

What tactics would you use to prevent them from doing so?

Or would you rather try to tame one? Surprised

Make a mock (fake) cow and fill it with blood. Put a bomb inside that is triggered to explode the second the membrane is punctured. and thar you go, no more El Chupa

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:13 am

Hehehehehe Waving Unsure
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:49 am

This week's topic of discussion is:

"Bermuda Triangle"

From Wiki:
The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil's Triangle, is a region in the western part of the North Atlantic Ocean where a number of aircraft and surface vessels allegedly disappeared mysteriously. Popular culture has attributed these disappearances to the paranormal or activity by extraterrestrial beings. Documented evidence indicates that a significant percentage of the incidents were inaccurately reported or embellished by later authors, and numerous official agencies have stated that the number and nature of disappearances in the region is similar to that in any other area of ocean.

What's your take on this, folks?
Do you believe the Bermuda Triangle is a portal to Twilight Zone? Alien testing grounds? Or is everything able to be scientifically explained?

Let us hear your thoughts. :b
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:57 am

Chuck Norris's secret base
No other explanation
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:29 am

Hmm, now this is an interesting thread. Being the sort who is strongly into science and all I naturally look at this sort of stuff with much skepticism (and being into the 'paleo' world as well, sometimes things overlap a bit... Just a couple days ago on another forum someone posted a couple vids of an alleged living pterosaur. Oh well, you can't expect everyone to know what a frigate bird is). Still, that doesn't mean I completely deny the existence of unexplained critters and stuff (take 'bigfoot' and kin, for example. It certainly isn't the most implausible animal).

Bermuda triangle? Seems like there is some sort of phenomena going on (possibly a magnetic phenomena of some sort? Some equipement and electronics seem to bug out over there). Beyond that I have somewhat mixed feelings, though it would appear some more research needs to be done to get closer to the bottom of things. And of course by now there is all the hype and superstition and stuff and so people are going to be more likely to be blaming things on it which can be otherwise explained or which not as many people would take note of if it occurred somewhere else and stuff like that.
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:36 am

I agree with you, Dino.
There must be some sort of event that can be explained by Science that is taking place there.

One can acknowledge though, that the whole Bermuda Triangle paranormal-perspective is quite cool to apply in fiction movies and novels. Razz
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:44 am

I obviously wouldn't believe any super natural goings on in the Bermuda triangle until I saw some credible evidence, but it definitely has an usual history.

Like dino said, for the planes, possibly there is some sort of magnetic or electrical phenomenon going on there to cause them to dissapear without a trace. But aliens is a bit of a stretch.

Also many ships have disappeared in the triangle but the Bermuda triangle is known to have extreme turbulent waters, so nothing unexplainable there.

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down