EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss Gaming here

+48
DinoRexCM
Mysteryem
biollantefan54
Aieru
TyrannoFan
MilkAndCookies
Vago
Iridescence
MarkyDMan
Red-Indigo
Didzo
Descardion
Aletrius
NGin
Trick
flux
ArticShock
UltimateZob
Copperlou
Kevin92
Xaesheir
Pie4Pigs
Billith
Illusionary
Hutch
Icedmask
Lord_Lonestar
Skeletontail
Goober09
sjhorm
MjrGlory
die876
LoD
ProbablynotHax
Dormin
Jeff
Pikachu
Drew980
Sakiara
Shardna
world_piece
Shadow
Vereor
Andeavor
Vektrix
LordRemington
Arkanay
War
52 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Discuss Gaming here - Page 22 Empty Re: Discuss Gaming here

Post by Arkanay Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:46 am

Lol, I remember playing the first Driver. Was a lot of fun, especially since I was quite young and that made it very exciting and it could get my adrenaline up easily doing the timed missions and running away from the cops. Razz

I also remember making up stories in my head. Parking the car so some imaginary person could go out, following random cars pretending they're bad guys and wreck them, etc. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:35 am

Arkanay wrote:

I also remember making up stories in my head. Parking the car so some imaginary person could go out, following random cars pretending they're bad guys and wreck them, etc. Razz

I loved doing that, especially on games with very little actual story.

On my PS2, I had this game called ATV Offroad Fury 3 with huge maps and no story. I used to just go into freerun, choose unlimited time and make up a story. I'd chase someone, be the countryside police, track something down, have an ATV fight etc.

Sometimes me and my friend Sam (Superfreak on ES, actually) would play split screen freerun and just make up more stories xD

On a side note, Gran Turismo 5. Who plays it, and what cars do you have?

I just bough a fully-upgraded Ferrari 458 Italia in Rossa Scuderia Very Happy I'm level 23, with 1,500,000 thanks to some hardcore NASCAR racing in the Special Events section - looking to buy a Plymouth Thunderbird or a '69 Charger, and maybe some other classics if I have the money. Once I finish the NASCAR events and get all the muscle car tickets, I'll save up for a Le Mans racer or a touring car
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:29 pm

You really want me list ALL the cars in GT5? Not happenin' dude Laughing

However, I shall list a few of the cars I have.

Bugatti Veyron, Jaguar XJ, Furai Concept '08, Renault Avantine '02 (the one the Top Gear guys tried to soup up to be faster than an Evo), Mitsubishi Evo IX, Subaru Imprezza '06, Jaguar E-Type '66....... I could go on.

They have at least one vehicle for every year from at least 1954 onwards, up to 2010. There may be earlier, but I have only seen one from 1948, and I think that is a one off. There is a car called a Formula Gran Turismo, which is essentiall an F1 car - it is scary to drive on some circuits, but with the right wheels grips like a dream.

The only major manufacture I have not seen is Porsche, but they do have RUF, who made cars based on Porsche. There all sorts of cars, most of the vehicles my parents have owned are in it - incl. Fiat Panda, Ford Ka and Lexus LS200. Right up to proper supercars, such as the Ferrari F40, Lamborghini Countache and the like. There are even Le Mans racers, Nascars and Concept cars galore. Some of them are REALLY expensive, but you get some as rewards on the various races.

I still have not got the Classic Jaguar, Ford and Ferrari racing cars from the 60's, but they are 20,000,000 a pop - and only one of them is a reward for winning a race.

You also have the Top Gear Test Track, Monaco, Monza, Daytona and Indianapolis tracks, as well as some made up ones, including ones supposedly set in London, Rome and Tokyo. There is a track editor too, but is worse than pathetic as a tool.

Above all, all vehicles have various levels of adjustability in terms of suspension, tyres, brakes and gearing as well as other little nuances, like changing the oil, rebuilding the car and changing the paint.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:47 am

You know what I hate in strategy games? When the AI does exactly anything BUT what they should be doing. I spent over an hour waiting for an NPC to lure him into my trap yet he always managed to weasel his way out of it, glitches, stupidity and all. Brick Wall
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:55 am

Restarted playing World of Warcraft today after several months. I feel kind of rusty but so far PvE is going great. The character I'm playing with is already max level and with decent gear (from my past gaming time), so that makes getting used to the game again an easier process. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by die876 Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:24 am

frankly i don't care for many MMOs with the majority of them i get bored withing a month, always so samey and dull, although the upcoming ones (SWTOR, GW2) sound intresting actually now that i think about it there were two i played alot, mainly because my big brother kept pestering me to play them though: WAR and GW
die876
die876
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : die876

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Andeavor wrote:You know what I hate in strategy games? When the AI does exactly anything BUT what they should be doing. I spent over an hour waiting for an NPC to lure him into my trap yet he always managed to weasel his way out of it, glitches, stupidity and all. Brick Wall

You do realise that depending on the level of gameplay (Easy, Medium, Hard etc.) the AI changes significantly. Of course, in some games this mean more accurate at attacking and hared to kill and the like, but in Strategy games this means they "Cheat". Civilization has always been my favourite game to cite with this, I have seen civs with technologies that the tech tree would not allow them to have - I once traded Construction for Mathematics with one civ, and you need Mathematics before you can have Construction Facepalm

In RTS, the higher the level the further from you the enemy needs to be to spot you (Age of Empires is an example of this) and equally, the lower the class of unit that is willing to attack you as well. I see it as all part of the challenge.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:21 pm

I know about levels of gameplay, unfortunately, the game I'm playing (Ghost Master) has no levels to choose. The NPCs are that thick.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Arkanay wrote:Restarted playing World of Warcraft today after several months. I feel kind of rusty but so far PvE is going great. The character I'm playing with is already max level and with decent gear (from my past gaming time), so that makes getting used to the game again an easier process. Razz
Heh, I'm still playing it. Have full tier 12... I feel like a dork Sad But I just play a few hours, and only PVE to raid.
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Been watching some let's plays of dead island. I hadn't looked into dead island that much as i assumed it was some sort of Left 4 dead rip off.

completely wrong. it actually looks pretty awesome. Its like a mix between fallout and dead rising in that you have an open ended map with quests and side quests you can do at your own leisure and their is a leveling system with different skill sets.

And its like Dead rising in that almost everything can be a weapon to kill em zombies.

Plus the environment looks beautiful and the graphics are excellent.

Definitely want to get it soon. Though has anyone here bought it. While it looks awesome and I'm pretty much positive its awesome, a perspective on the game from someone who owns it would be good awesome
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm interested in that game too, although the epic graphics are throwing me off. :<
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:57 pm

I thought it looked pretty awesome too. Have been thinking of getting it, but apparantly the FOV and motion blur is sickening and there is no way to change it. It could just be whiners being whiney mind... but things like that tend to put me off a game.

The idea of it being open ended is great though, a great way to vent by busting some zombies with the nearest coconut or somthing awesome
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:29 am

I don't mind the blur, though I haven't yet seen any footage as I'd like to be completely surprised when I get to play it.

Wacking zombies left and right with just about anything in an open-ended game sounds like 'such fun'! awesome
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Arkanay wrote:I'm interested in that game too, although the epic graphics are throwing me off. :<

Why epic graphics throwing you off Arkinator?

I've read about the motion blur thing, but I've played other games with motion blur and I've never found it particularly bothersome, so I think I'd be able to handle it.

I think I'll be getting it on friday and playing it during my break awesome
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:15 pm

LordRemington wrote:
Arkanay wrote:I'm interested in that game too, although the epic graphics are throwing me off. :<

Why epic graphics throwing you off Arkinator?

Because the laptop I currently have access to cannot play it properly. I'm getting a new laptop soon with enhanced characteristics but I still have doubts it'll be able to run that game, although other games that I have trouble with at the moment will very likely function much better - Gothic 4, for instance. We'll see.

I also value gameplay and story much more than graphics. They don't bother me at all as long as the game is able to captivate me in its other aspects.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:12 am

Arkanay wrote:

Because the laptop I currently have access to cannot play it properly. I'm getting a new laptop soon with enhanced characteristics but I still have doubts it'll be able to run that game, although other games that I have trouble with at the moment will very likely function much better - Gothic 4, for instance. We'll see.

I also value gameplay and story much more than graphics. They don't bother me at all as long as the game is able to captivate me in its other aspects.

Ah, I see.

I care about gameplay and story more than graphics as well, but when it comes to open world games, a lush environment is always a plus. As long as they don't put so much emphasis on the graphics that they forget about the game itself, but from what I've heard, they managed to keep the balance pretty well with Dead Island.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:27 pm

I've been feeling super nostalgic lately e.g wanting to listen to old music I used to like, play games I used to love.

Yesterday I was walking around the shopping mall and wandered into Game traders. I was browsing the 360 titles and then saw a table with old xbox original games.

As I scowered the table my eyes landed upon my favourite game of all time. Time Splitters: Future perfect.

I had a moment of instant joy, but then was quickly crushed by the realisation of why I got rid of it in the first place. I had forgotten that The time splitters games were one of the few original xbox games they never bothered to make reverse compatible.

This made me sad Sad , but then above the games I saw buy original xbox for $50. Plus it comes with any three original xbox games of your choosing Surprised even though the original xbox is 10 years old, that still seems like a bargain to me!

So i'm planning to go back tomorrow and buy it so I can finally be re-united with my once loved game awesome
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:14 am

I really want to try out L.A. Noire. Razz And Ico and the Shadow of the Colossus. :O

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:30 pm

LoD wrote:I really want to try out L.A. Noire. Razz And Ico and the Shadow of the Colossus. :O

I heard LA was a really hard game. I want to get it too just for the challenge.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Ico is a fun and challenging game. I was surprised to find out it's pretty valuable in the used market, now.

Also:

world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:16 am

lol Mega64 is awesome. I love their Heavy Rain video. Razz

Got Ico and SotC collection. It's amazing! Can't wait for the Last Guardian. Looks like it will get emotional. Razz

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:02 am

Anyone else looking forward to Saints Row 3?

I am. I loved the first two games. People say they are just a rip off on GTA, and while yeah, the general idea might be the same, but the gameplay itself is completely different. Personally like the Saint's Row series better.

The only someone unsettling thing is that they have released a demo apparently and it hasn't recieved the warmest reception. Don't know why exactly. Hopefully the don't make the same mistake alot of game developers make with sequels, by trying to change it up so much that it doesn't feel like the original game.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:12 am

From Dust is on PS3, I downloaded the demo, and I quite like, debating whether to pay for the full game now.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:09 pm

LordRemington wrote:Anyone else looking forward to Saints Row 3?

I am. I loved the first two games. People say they are just a rip off on GTA, and while yeah, the general idea might be the same, but the gameplay itself is completely different. Personally like the Saint's Row series better.

The only someone unsettling thing is that they have released a demo apparently and it hasn't recieved the warmest reception. Don't know why exactly. Hopefully the don't make the same mistake alot of game developers make with sequels, by trying to change it up so much that it doesn't feel like the original game.

I agree with you I loved the first two as well and still have both of them. But remember, so far the last two were not well received either. This is a prime reason why I don't listen to reviews and other peoples opinions too much when it comes to things like this. I had fun whether it sucked or not. And same will probably go for SR3.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:56 pm

Drew980 wrote:
LordRemington wrote:Anyone else looking forward to Saints Row 3?

I agree with you I loved the first two as well and still have both of them. But remember, so far the last two were not well received either. This is a prime reason why I don't listen to reviews and other peoples opinions too much when it comes to things like this. I had fun whether it sucked or not. And same will probably go for SR3.

I suppose that is true Mr. Drew Smile And yeah, I don't base my game buying decisions on reviews. I normally go by friend/aquiantance reviews. Game reviewers are often too analytical about games, without really talking about whether the game is fun or not.

Still if the review is bad enough, I might reconsider buying something e.g Duke Nukem forever. I can forgive bad graphics and old style gameplay, but i heard it just wasn't good on any level so I avoided it.

Still looking forward to SW3 though.

Last edited by LordRemington on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down