EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Command and Conquer

3 posters

Go down

Command and Conquer Empty Command and Conquer

Post by Shrooblord Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:55 am

Hey, ES!

Well, it's been a long time, and don't think that me posting here means I'm back for good - I've still got a lot going on, but I thought I'd bring this game series to attention while I could.

SO! Command and Conquer. Started in the 1980s, this strategy game focusses on you being the commander of an army - usually fighting another army... sometimes fighting aliens. There's two distinct types of Command and Conquer I'd like to bring up here, and that's the variant 'Tiberium Wars' and the variant 'Red Alert'.

Red Alert is the series about an alternative course of history during the Cold War, resulting in the Russians having mind control and the Americans having control over time. This sounds very sci-fi, but Command and Conquer made it quite believable! The graphics only get better over the years, with the release of Red Alert 3 being in complete 3D.

Tiberium Wars is the series that's about a future Earth, ravaged by a devious crystal called Tiberium. Originally, the crystal came from a planet called Tiberius, but the humans, seeing it as an excellent resource, brought it home. How could they know the crystal was toxic and woud spread across Earth and destroy all life? In the course of the series, it becomes clear that the world is now divided up into two rivalling nations: the Global Defence Initiative and the Brotherhood of NOD, with as its leader, the mad man Kane.
This variant of the CnC series is usually really sci-fi, with units ranging from normal militiants with laser rifles to cyborg-raider warmechs that can cloak themself and spit out a wave of flames.

So - the general themes of the games noted, I suggest you start talking about the games themselves! How about, what ifs, or suggestions for cool storyline plots? You could also talk about your favourite units in the game (mine's the Avatar from CnC3: Tiberium Wars - why? Because he's a uber-death mech that can be brought back to life when it perishes, uses two lasers and is invisible while detecting other things that are invisible... oh, and it has a flamethrower).
Let your creativity run free!

Let the discussion begin!
Shrooblord
Shrooblord
Regular
Regular

Female
Spore Name : Shrooblord

Back to top Go down

Command and Conquer Empty Re: Command and Conquer

Post by Arkanay Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:21 am

Hey there, Shroob.

I have the first, or one of the first, Command and Conquer for Mac, actually. Razz Haven´t played it in years, though.

But I really liked it a lot. It was quite fun.

Later on, I saw a friend of mine playing the more advanced versions of the game and they seemed pretty cool too.
Never saw any aliens, though. Shocked

Edit: This is the one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer_(video_game)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrooblord Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 am

Arkanay wrote:Hey there, Shroob.

I have the first, or one of the first, Command and Conquer for Mac, actually. Razz Haven´t played it in years, though.

But I really liked it a lot. It was quite fun.

Later on, I saw a friend of mine playing the more advanced versions of the game and they seemed pretty cool too.
Never saw any aliens, though. Shocked

Edit: This is the one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer_(video_game)
Oh, cool! I too have that one. Tiberium Sun, I think it is.

Actually, I have almost all Command and Conquer series' games - even 'Generals', although I must say that one really depressed me in comparisson to all the others.
The only one I've never even seen is Red Alert 1... and I haven't played Tiberium Twilight either - but I've heard bad things of it (also good ones, mind you) and I didn't like the idea of a completely mobile base, to be honest.

Yeah, you could call me a real fan, I guess! A true fanboi! Razz
Shrooblord
Shrooblord
Regular
Regular

Female
Spore Name : Shrooblord

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord_Lonestar Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:48 am

The only C&C game I have is Red Alert 3 which I rarely play...
Lord_Lonestar
Lord_Lonestar
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : LoneStar45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down