Tattoos, piercings and body modification.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tattoos, piercings and body modification.

Post by LordRemington on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Don't think this have ever been discussed here. Now I'm going to guess most here don't have any tattoos. But if you do, feel free to share what they are. But piercings are probably more common.

If you have either feel free to share.

But thats not only what I'm interested in.

If you don't have any piercings or tattoos, do you ever plan on getting any of either?

Do you like the idea of a having a tattoo/s or a piercing/s or do you believe the body is a temple and you shouldn't modify it?

What are your feelings on body modification?

And when do you think its going too far?

For example:
Spoiler:

I think this guys should have thrown in the towel a couple dozen piercings ago.

Spoiler:

And this guy just takes it to an extreme I can't even comprehend.

However I do feel everyone has the right to do what they want with their own bodies, but I would never go this far.

Myself. I am not against the idea of getting a tattoo. Probably wouldn't get anything large like a back piece or anything, but maybe a small one. I'd never get a generic tattoo though. Every other guy or girl has some stupid tattoo with japanese lettering that is supposed to symbolise "hope" or "trust" or something like that. It loses its symbolism when 900'000 other people have the exact same tattoo.

As for piercings I'm not sure I'd get one. Again, not against the idea, but I wouldn't know if one would look good on me.

But what about yourselves?

Last edited by LordRemington on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thanks gen for the awesome sig
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Re: Tattoos, piercings and body modification.

Post by Arkanay on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:49 pm

I used to have a piercing above my left eye, on my left brow. It was a curved stick with a black ball on each end.
I had to remove it about a year ago, when my class and I had to work at hospitals when I was in the Nursing degree.

I would like to wear it once more, since I like it, but the hole is practically closed and I can't be bothered to go through the process of opening it once more at the moment.

It's currently on my girlfriend's ear, so it is not lost. Razz

I considered tattoos but I am not that attracted to them. Nonetheless, if I were to make one, it would probably be some neutral symbol/drawing.

I find it silly people that tattoo their girlfriend/boyfriend's name on them. A great number of times they break up and then you're marked for life. none
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:01 pm

The second guy, I watched a documentary on him, he seemed to me to be a very hurt person. He was trying to become like his 'totem' animal, the tiger. Those piercings on his upper lip are actually to insert prosthetic whiskers. Id never go that far, but hey, each to their own.

I have my ears pierced and want to get another piercing at the top of my ear and above the original piercings I have. I don't have tattoos yet, although I am getting one, just saving the money.

I would never have someones name on me, nor a brand like some people do. I don't think I'd get any large tatoos either, simply because I don't think it would suit me. I like tatoos on other people, as long as they are original. I hate it when I see whinnie the poo or somthing on someones shoulder.

'Together, we are robots.' 'I am not a robot. I am a unicorn'
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Red-Indigo wrote: I hate it when I see whinnie the poo or somthing on someones shoulder.

Oh, god, yes. That is horrible. Or Mickey Mouse. confused
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:51 am

I also don't like it when someone just randomly picks a tattoo source either. I think, as its going to be on your body for ever, it needs to be personal. I had a friend who did this and later on found someone else with the same tattoo... it was a little awkward.

As far as the OP, I think it goes too far when you start doing these things to shock or to be in with a certain crowd. I don't really have a problem with how far people go, heck it's their body, I just dislike seeing people that are trying to be somthing they probably aren't.

'Together, we are robots.' 'I am not a robot. I am a unicorn'
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateZob on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:09 am

I don't have any problem with piercings or tatoos. It's just that when people go to far with it... in my opinion, it looks disgusting.

And I do not have any tatoos or piercings.
UltimateZob
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : UltimateZob

View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/UltimateZob

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:54 am

I have found there to be an increase of tattoos or rather "ink" as they call it these days in the general youth. I do, however, agree that it only suits men in shape as it can very well compliment their body.

On women, I find tattoos just don't seem to fit, unless it's rather small and depicts something pretty. But then again, there are plenty of biker chicks that would disagree with me. Smack

Spoiler:
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:08 am

I have a tattoo of a human on my entire body Wink

Seriously, I have no tattoos and piercings, and have no intention of getting any. I have nothing against them until it gets excessive either.

An amazing sig by the great MarkyDMan.
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

View user profile http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top