Dream Job

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream Job

Post by LordRemington on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:41 pm

As I struggle through uni I try to remind myself why I torture myself with study, so that ultimately I can become a doctor and finally when people ask who I am I can say "Doctor Sandoval" and have everyone only ever address me from that point onwards as Dr. Sandoval (even my children).

If you could have a dream job, a career that you'd both love doing and be successful at, what would it be? What is a realistic dream job of yours?

Also, if you could have another job, that you would love but for certain factors would never be possible what would it be?

For myself an unrealistic dream job would be to be an artist. I haven't made it much of a secret that I greatly envy people with artist talent. Always wished I had some for of artist ability and to make a living out of it, but alas I am not capable of pursuing that direction.

Thanks gen for the awesome sig
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream Job

Post by Red-Indigo on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Oooh, this is an interesting topic!

A realistic dream job (hope this doesn't sound stuck up/egotistical) of mine would be a freelance concept artist... I've done a little of this before but the market is as such I'd probably still need a day job. I do love it but I think in current circumstances it will be hard to make any real progress toward this.

An unrealistic dream job would be to have my own business. I want to open a pet store, you may laugh, but I love exotics as well as other pets and since I was 16 I've wanted to have my own shop. I think what makes it so unrealistic is the finance issues Laughing

For now, I'll just stick to retail ^^

'Together, we are robots.' 'I am not a robot. I am a unicorn'
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Red-Indigo wrote:Oooh, this is an interesting topic!

A realistic dream job (hope this doesn't sound stuck up/egotistical) of mine would be a freelance concept artist... I've done a little of this before but the market is as such I'd probably still need a day job. I do love it but I think in current circumstances it will be hard to make any real progress toward this.

If its what you want to do, keep at it. Also you shouldn't feel egotistical for saying you are good at something, its good to have confidence in your abilities. Egotism is only achieved when someone says they are the absolute best at something.

Luckily I am not talented enough in any area to believe I am the best, so I'm ego free Razz, but again, saying your good is just being confident, not egotistical.

And owning my own little store was a dream for me also, bu I could never think of what kind of store I'd want to run. The most re-occurring dream I had was to own a toy store, simply for the fact that once all the employees had gone home and I was left alone in the toy store, I could just play with all the toys.

Edit: urgl why is it I always forget to put the n't at the end of words.

Last edited by LordRemington on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 3 times in total

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:57 pm

Oh, I have a couple of them:

- Astronaut/Space Explorer. Very Happy I would really love to go to Space ^^

- Guitarist in a Metal band. Rock
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:03 am

LordRemington wrote:
Red-Indigo wrote:Oooh, this is an interesting topic!

If its what you want to do, keep at it. Also you shouldn't feel egotistical for saying you are good at something, its good to have confidence in your abilities. Egotism is only achieved when someone says they are the absolute best at something.

Luckily I am not talented enough in any area to believe I am the best, so I'm ego free Razz, but again, saying your good is just being confident, not egotistical.

And owning my own little store was a dream for me also, bu I could never think of what kind of store I'd want to run. The most re-occurring ream I had was to own a toy store, simply for the fact that once all the employees had gone home and I was left alone in the toy store, I could just play with all the toys.

Edit: urgl why is it I always forget to put the n't at the end of words.

Lol, its okay, I read it as that before the edit anyway Razz Hehe, thanks for the advice, you are right, I just hate feeling like I am bragging or whatever, just not my style. Im quietly confident, I guess. Will try to keep going, use or it lose it springs to mind!

A toy store sounds awesome, especially the part about just playing with all the toys afterward ^^ Its like every inner childs dream! Somthing sounds so idylic about owning a little store.

And Ark, you should go for being a guitarist (as long as you can actually play guitar that is Razz ) You never know! As for space travel, that would be amazing!

'Together, we are robots.' 'I am not a robot. I am a unicorn'
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:58 am

I used to want to do something in Science, like Paleontology or Astronomy, but after a lot of thought I decided that, while I love the studies and theories, it might not be something I'll enjoy doing for the rest of my life Especially since I'd have to travel.. eugh.

My current dream is to be a developer or concept artist, as some of you may know. While I'm still waiting for finish college and perhaps university so that I have good qualifications, I feel like I have a slight chance with Maxis, which is really motivating me forward

An old and unrealistic dream I had involved modelling It was mainly because quite a lot of people say I have the body for it.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but cyber harassment from a grumpy admin will never hurt me except for this one time hired assassins were involved.

Please remember the Rules and Guidelines.

SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StinkyPachem on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:03 am

I like to cook.

Back to top Go down

Post by ArticShock on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:31 am

I have always wanted to be a paleontologist, I have always been fascinated by dinosaurs! Very Happy I think it would be cool to travel to many different places and dig up giant fossils that are millions of years old. Even when I take a walk down a rock road I search for petrified wood, fossils in rocks, and cool looking rocks.

Another Job would be reintroducing wolves into Yellowstone National Park and other parks where their numbers are dropping. The reasons why it's unrealistic is because of its low income and I have no experience with wild animals. Laughing
ArticShock
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : ArticShock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:08 am

I'm already doing my dream job. I don't have to go anywhere, I'm not stuck in a boring office, I can drink as much booze as I want, and do it all in the comfort of my special Designing Room. Sure, my hands may feel sore all the time because of it, but now I have photoshop. No more ruining designs!

ILoveItPlz
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:15 am

Ahem.

Product Designer.

That or an actor.

I know which one is more likely Razz
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StinkyPachem on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:18 am

If you plan on acting, be careful. One slip-up and who knows, it may screw you over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:21 am

StinkyPachem wrote:If you plan on acting, be careful. One slip-up and who knows, it may screw you over.

Hence why it's my "Dream Job".

Product Designer is more likely to happen, plus it also fits my attributes/characteristics Smile
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Trickatel wrote:
StinkyPachem wrote:If you plan on acting, be careful. One slip-up and who knows, it may screw you over.

Hence why it's my "Dream Job".

Product Designer is more likely to happen, plus it also fits my attributes/characteristics Smile

Hey a dream job doesn't have to always be thought of as un-attainable. Sure acting is not an easy path, but its not out of the realm of possibility. Your dream job is just that job that you would love nothing more than to have, whether it be attainable or un-attainable.

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:23 am

My dream job is attainable: Database Administrator, Network Administrator or Systems Analyst.

An amazing sig by the great MarkyDMan.
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

View user profile http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:05 am

My dream job isn't exactly easy to reach but it's not impossible: Chief Political Editor of the BBC i.e. Nick Robinson's job/ Andrew Marr's old job Razz
If fail that working for the satyrical paper Private Eye

Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:20 am

Either an Apache AH-64 pilot, or an architect. Probably an architect, but being an Apache pilot is just badass.

You get to fly these:

Cool

MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:21 am

MarkyDMan wrote:Either an Apache AH-64 pilot, or an architect. Probably an architect, but being an Apache pilot is just badass.

You get to fly these:

Cool

And what exactly do you need to fly those for?
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:05 am

For a realistic job, I'd want to become a graphic designer or game programmer. Or something along those lines.

Non-realistic, I want to be a roadie in a heavy metal band Very Happy
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:24 pm

Illusionary wrote:For a realistic job, I'd want to become a graphic designer or game programmer. Or something along those lines.

Non-realistic, I want to be a roadie in a heavy metal band Very Happy

Setting up and fixing band equipment and drinkin' booze. What a dream Razz

I've actually had a lot of dream jobs in my time, but my as my interests have changed, so have my dreams.

Naturally as a kid, I went from

-Wanting to be Thomas the Tank Engine. But with genetic engineering going the way its going, I don't feel this is entirely an un-realistic dream.

-An astronaut cowboy king emperor. Who hasn't wanted to be one at some point.

-A book writer- used to be very interested in writing, but could probably never come up with a good enough story for a book.

-Script writer, screen play writer. Did film making in high school. Loved making stupid videos and like writing stupid scripts, but after watching shows like scrubs and House, I realised my script writing abilities wouldn't be up to par.

-An astronaut cowboy king emperor again. Sure at 17 I knew it would happen, but a boy can dream.

and then finally doctor, which is what I am aiming for now.

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down