EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Possum95

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: User Announcements (Part IV)

Post by Andeavor on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:32 am

Quick Update:

The play I'm in at a local theatre had its premiere last weekend and two other successful performances. We're performing this and next weekend again and it's a blast. I recommend anyone courageous enough to try it.

Yesterday, I managed to finally ruin my laptop. I'll never get near it with a glass of cola ever again! I just hope I can find a way to remove its SSD and salvage my data on it. Until then I will have to cut back completely in the high-end stuff.

When I do get a new laptop, I can't tell if I'll install Spore again... This constant back-and-forth is getting on my nerves. I still have to finish some of the other games on my list and with the new SimCity on the horizon our priorities may change even in EuroSpore... We'll see.

Spoiler:
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Hello Waving

Amazing sigs made by G3NJI and World_Piece Very Happy
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Sakiara wrote:Hello Waving

Is this real life?
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Peep on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:42 am

Didzo wrote:

Is this real life?
Shocked

Grand Peep
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : GrandPeep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:19 am

Spoiler:
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Didzo wrote:

Is this real life?
Nope, just a figment of your imagination Razz Or wait...nothing dirty-minded though!!

Hello GrandPeep, I haven't been here for a long time, when did you start coming here?

So people, tell me what's new in your lives. I could read through this thread, but most of the posts are old. But Andy, that's sweet that you are in a play. If there's a video or anything of it you should post it here! Or get someone to record it if that's allowed.

Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Hey Saki. Long time, no see

Moved to a new house a few months ago. Now I finally have a room with a working door.

I just started my final year of my degree and I'm doing my exam to get into post-graduate medicine next week (six hours of testing fun).

Two week ago we got a new puppy. As with all our pets, it wasn't our intention to get a new pet, but the guy who's been doing some work on the bathroom at our house, randomly showed up with a puppy in his hands and asked if we wanted it. Couldn't say no to its little face and we figured atleast no Butters could have a playmate.

I decided to name her Nubbs.

Spoiler:

Other than that, today on sort of a spur of the moment thing I put my name down with a group called Veco who do volunteer work in 3rd world countries. Building school, making wells, teaching kids english and that sort of stuff.

The came to the uni and were offering spots to go to Fiji and do work like that for two weeks at the end of the year. Apparently we get to be part of the tribe, so it seems like it would be fun (and maybe my only chance of wearing a loin cloth without people being horrified).

And thats pretty much it.

oh but I also recently got a hammock, which isn't really big news, but to me it is as it has always been my dream to own and sleep in a hammock.

Thanks gen for the awesome sig
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi Remi!

Lol, but does your door have a lock so Reyes doesn't just barge in? Ya, you told me that you were in the process of moving to a new house last time I talked to you. Did you bring your ceiling poster of Edward from Twilight with you? Razz Good luck with your exam, I'm sure you will do fine.

Nubbs, lol. She's a cutie. She looks like Butters! But your head is cut off in that picture Razz

That's awesome that you are taking part in helping third world countries. It doesn't surprise me that you would either. But I think you just wear your normal clothes, not to sure about a loin cloth lol. Fiji would be sweet to go to too.

Well now that you have accomplished one of your dreams you need a new one!

Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Nope it most certainly does not. Actually the only thing I really missed from my own room was the fact that, while it had no lock, it took alot of effort to open, so even if Reyes was planning on barging in, the few seconds of struggling to get it open would give me warning. With my new door, it just opens, so now I have no warning time for when he does barge in (which he does so atleast 8 times a day).

Not that I need warning time though. Not like I'm doing... anything Unsure

ah, now I know why my room doesn't feel complete. Unfortunately, my Edward poster was one of the few things that got lost in moving Sad Haven't gotten around to finding a suitable replacement. Crying or Very sad and thanks Smile

Was originally going to name her Peanut, so we could have Peanut N' Butters, but changed it to Nubbs, when she started chewing on my finger and all she had were little nubs for teeth.

oh, well I figured people here haven't seen my face more than enough times Razz

I did ge a haircut recently, but I didn't feel that was picture worthy and the only real difference I have now is that I wear glasses most of the time. A few weeks ago I finally got around to getting a pair of glasses that give me 20/20 vision, rather than my old pair that were a tad off. I found myself staring at grass for 10 minutes after getting them. My mind pretty much imploded when I realized how terrible my eyesight really was. So I pretty much haven't taken them off since.

So now my appearance matches my personality - Total nerdburger.

Spoiler:

Without nerdfying glasses

and with nerdification activated

But..... But.....loin clothes are so comfortable Sad Plus I hear it gets really humid in Fiji around that time of year. Well if I can't wear a loin cloth, then I guess I'll just compromise and wear short-shorts Razz .

Having a hammock was only one of my many dreams. My next dream is to own an bean bag. The previous owners of this place had a massive one in the living room, but I guess it wasn't included with the house :C

But what is news with Jaclyn these days?

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Considering that these days everyone I know wears glasses the nerd factor has somewhat disappeared. In fact, I hardly wear mine anymore (except for driving or watching TV/cinema). I've even noticed my eyesight improving since I first needed to wear glasses.

Spoiler:
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mushroomking1 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:55 am

Ha. Ha. Funny EA could get its head out of its ass enough for this and pretty much nothing else. Ever.

Let the dogs starve, I've had enough. There's far too much personal SPORE going on in my own and any other 16-year old's life to keep dragging this on like a dead body in a bag. It's no secret the place is deflating and so is its community, but this is the final straw. I've been aiming to join the long lines for those with tickets out of here for a while, just never really got around to it. But screw that, I'm done. I'm sharing what I have left- what's left of the Mushrum set, a set for Darwinken, one for Ragnakalou, half of one for myself, and one for Andeavor- and then I'm gone.

It was a pleasure dealing with some of you (and others, frankly, a chore), and a giant headache that I'm not sure was all bad to be a part of this place. I got to be a nobody and a rising star, flattered and was flattered by, and pretty much got to be one of the best at what I did here. But the birds have flown, the sun is gone and the bureaucratic half-asses lording over us are way overdue on our death by their hands. I shall lag on around for a few more days and say good-byes, and after then, my last salute. Crowns off to you, co-Sporeons, and farewell. The King is dead.
Mushroomking1
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Mushroomking1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Peep on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Mushroomking1 wrote:
Ha. Ha. Funny EA could get its head out of its ass enough for this and pretty much nothing else. Ever.

Let the dogs starve, I've had enough. There's far too much personal SPORE going on in my own and any other 16-year old's life to keep dragging this on like a dead body in a bag. It's no secret the place is deflating and so is its community, but this is the final straw. I've been aiming to join the long lines for those with tickets out of here for a while, just never really got around to it. But screw that, I'm done. I'm sharing what I have left- what's left of the Mushrum set, a set for Darwinken, one for Ragnakalou, half of one for myself, and one for Andeavor- and then I'm gone.

It was a pleasure dealing with some of you (and others, frankly, a chore), and a giant headache that I'm not sure was all bad to be a part of this place. I got to be a nobody and a rising star, flattered and was flattered by, and pretty much got to be one of the best at what I did here. But the birds have flown, the sun is gone and the bureaucratic half-asses lording over us are way overdue on our death by their hands. I shall lag on around for a few more days and say good-byes, and after then, my last salute. Crowns off to you, co-Sporeons, and farewell. The King is dead.

Well, I for one will miss you, but don't blame you in the least for packing up and going. So I'll wish you good luck and have and enjoyable journey beyond the Rim!
Spoiler:
that's a Babylon 5 reference

Do you wish to fade away or do you want us to give you a small sending off on the Sporenaissance?
Grand Peep
Regular
Regular

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Andeavor wrote:Considering that these days everyone I know wears glasses the nerd factor has somewhat disappeared. In fact, I hardly wear mine anymore (except for driving or watching TV/cinema). I've even noticed my eyesight improving since I first needed to wear glasses.

Thats probably why I do feel nerdy wearing them. Thinking about it, basically no one I know wears glasses (Though I have one friends who clearly has terrible eye sight but is in denial about it).

Interesting you should say that, because I found something kind of strange happened to me when I got my glasses. I found that since I started wearing my glasses regularly, that when I take them off, my vision seems much much blurrier than it was before I started regularly wearing glasses. Guessing maybe it might be that before, when I rarely wore glasses my brain would try and compensate for my blurry vision, but since I wear my glasses most of the time now, it doesn't need to compensate anymore. Haven't read into it, but its a guess.

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been on here recently. Social life got pretty complicated but it's sorted now.
So how are things? Smile

Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:10 pm

bmpalmann wrote:Hi guys, sorry i haven't been on here recently. Social life got pretty complicated but it's sorted now.
So how are things? Smile

Here things are quite quiet.

-----------------------------

So I got this here problem.

Last friday I obtained a girlfriend who has been a rather close friend for some years. I am a little bit worried about where such a relationship will go considering I have always viewed early teen years to be too young for anything remotely serious or lengthy. I care for "her" a lot and am generally interested in most of what she has to say and think. Not merely acting it out like all the other kids around me, not doing it because "everyone else is doing it" but because I genuinely care for this person to a large extent. But there is the problem.

I was forced into an unreasonable situation a few years back that had very unusual implications. I english I guess I could say I was put in a position I should have never been put in. To make a long story short I had to repeat the grade I was in, and am still in as of now. So recently I was put back into public school after being taken out and put into a homeschooling course. Recently as in a few short months ago. I joined in the school year late with a completely different mindset then the rest of the class, starkly different material to work with, I have been failing every single main class since January. The school year only has roughly 50 days of school left and the quarter closes within a week before starting the fourth and final quarter of the year. Before I was always an A+ student, but with the unusual position I sorta am off the tracks and I have almost no time left to catch up. As a result, it is a strong possibility I will have to repeat the grade a second time.

As a result it would not only be bad on my future academics to stay back again, I don't think I would be able to stay in the same boat I am in right now with my girlfriend, the case around where I live is that the people who move on from the current grade go to a different school. So essentially my issue is that if I don't magically understand all the coursework within a very short time period I am screwed in this relationship, as well as in other parts of my social life, and in various other parts of my life I don't really feel like I need to get into.

I am not understanding any of the work and I am afraid even with help its pretty much too late to do anything. What does Drew do internet?
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:13 pm

LordRemington wrote:Having a hammock was only one of my many dreams. My next dream is to own an bean bag. The previous owners of this place had a massive one in the living room, but I guess it wasn't included with the house :C

But what is news with Jaclyn these days?
Lol, and that is the shortest I've seen your hair too.

Well normally with dreams people want like mansion, to be rich, vacations and that sort of thing. But you dream of bean bag chairs.... lol.

With me, not all that much. I might have a job in a couple of weeks that pays twice the amount of what I'm getting paid now, but doing the same thing. So I will be getting my own place. I'm also playing rec volleyball, and going to start slo-pitch up soon. So I'm going to be even more busy then I am now. And it's nice out now! All of the snow melted so time to pull out the summer clothes and dresses Smile

Hi Ben!! How goes it?

So Mushroomking, what inappropriate creations did you supposedly make?

Drew, I suggest you get a tutor. If you are in the mindset that you don't understand anything and that with help you won't learn, then you probably won't. So get out of that mindset!! Writing notes out over and over again helps me learn things and gets it imprinted in my brain. So that might help too.

Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Peep on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Sakiara wrote:
Didzo wrote:

Is this real life?
Nope, just a figment of your imagination Razz Or wait...nothing dirty-minded though!!

Hello GrandPeep, I haven't been here for a long time, when did you start coming here?

Been coming around here since November.
Grand Peep
Regular
Regular

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Sakiara wrote: I'm also playing rec volleyball

Pics of you in uniform please.

Sakiara wrote:
Drew, I suggest you get a tutor. If you are in the mindset that you don't understand anything and that with help you won't learn, then you probably won't. So get out of that mindset!!

Saki has a valid point. You have to believe in your ability to change the situation and make it work. Talk to your teachers about your concerns and get yourself a tutor. You're intelligent and capable, so you can work your way out of this. Hell, if you have some specific questions on a subject, I might be able to help you out a bit.

As far as your social situation goes, use that as motivation for getting your grades on track. Do know, however, that it is possible to maintain a relationship without seeing each other every single day at school, so it's not like her going to a different school is the kiss of death for the relationship.
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:05 pm

@Remi: The blur comes from your brain having to readjust your eyesight back and forth, like a camera refocusing every time you change the lens. It was the same with me 15 years ago, but in the last 10 years, as I've worn my glasses less frequently, my eyesight got better and I had to get a new pair of glasses.

@Drew: Time for you to get a European perspective on things. I can't speak for all of Europe but here in Switzerland our school system is so variable it's very common for kids of different ages to share the same classes well until graduation.

Not only did I attend an intermediate class between 6th and 7th grade, I also had to repeat 10th grade because I neglected my studies. By the end of my school run, I was already in my early 20s (as were two other students in my class), our youngest classmate just turned 18 that year. All in all, I went to five different schools, two of which I switched/repeated classes after a year.

Having to repeat one or two classes may sound and look like a big deal for you now, but in 20 or 30 years no one will bother about how many years you went to school for or how bad your grades were then. Get a tutor if you need it and get organized in your school work so you won't fall behind, and if your girlfriend cares as much about you as you care about her, she will certainly support you in passing your classes.

And when someone makes fun of you about all this, just say "Well, I've got a girlfriend, do you?"

Spoiler:
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:24 am

Drew, Andy's given pretty good advice. If she's a decent girl, she'd support you in the decision of focusing on grades. If she doesn't feel that it's important, trust me, you're better off without her in the long run.

Different schools won't change much unless the school is in another town/state*. You won't be seeing her much if you're studying hard anyway. Also, if you see each other every single day the two of you won't have the benefit of missing each other so much, and let's just say that can lead to relationships fizzling out quicker. If things do go wrong though, and you're still close with her, I'd make sure the two of you stay friends. It's always good to have someone you can trust by your side.

*I suggest you stay away from long distance relationships, from personal experience.
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:25 am

I am grateful for all the advice. I really appreciate it you guys.
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:35 am

@Drew: like others have said a tutor would be the most logical step forward for you, as it should make the biggest difference in the smallest amount of time. As for your girlfriend, if you tell her about your situation she should understand, and will support you in trying to achieve your goals.

@Saki: hey long time no see, Razz Things are going ok, had a prolonged absence cos of social stuff but that's all dying down now. How are things in your neck of the woods? Smile

Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 pm

@Saki- thats because I dream practical. A mansion would just be so much effort. Imagine the cleaning I'd have to do. Also I can't imagine I'd ever need that much space and being rich is for rich people. Give me a bean bag, a reasonable sized t.v and an air conditioner for the summer months in a shack and I'm set Razz

But hey, I have non-bean bag related dreams too. I'd also like to own a jacuzzi and one day go back packing through asia. Oh and own a pug for the sole purpose of naming him Tupug Shakur.

That's cool that you'll have your own place. I'm going to guess that means you'd also be furinture shopping, in which case I'd recommend getting a bean bag chair. I feel its a worth while investment and I say this with absolutely no degree of bias or preference.

Volleyball sounds fun and after googling slo-pitch and discovering what it was, that looks fun too (more or less baseball is it not?). Can't do any sports like that out here. If I wanted to get into a sport my choices would be football, football, or ofcourse, football (AFL to be specific) and since being crash tackled by 6 to 7 foot tall rediculously strong guys is not exactly a sport I'm interested in, minigolf or ultimate frisbee are my alternatives. Good enough I suppose.

Do you play in competitions in those or are they more just for fun?

@Drew listen to Saki. Both right about the tutoring and changing your mindset.

I can tell you, you could learn alot in those 50 days with a good tutor. I have a friend doing medical science with me who was struggling in year 12 chemistry at highschool. She said that barely a month before her final exam, she knew close to nothing about chemistry, but then she got a tutor and with her tutors help, managed to end up getting "A" overall for chemistry.

Also with my medical exam coming up, I need to know physics, but up until about two months ago, the most I knew about physics was "what goes up, must come down" Razz, but I got a tutor and now I'm pretty competent with it.

Ask your teachers about possible tutoring options. And like Saki said, you have to get out of that "I will fail" mindset. Otherwise you'll just create a self-fulling prophecy for yourself.

Also agree with Didzo and Sir Ben about your relationship. Discuss the situation with her and if you two are seperated by school, don't worry it's not going to kill your relationship. Just make time to see each other when you can.

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:06 am

We tied our JV soccer game today 0-0. Our record is now 1-3-1. We're pretty bad Hard Work

Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top