User Announcements (Part IV)

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: User Announcements (Part IV)

Post by Sakiara on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Didzo wrote:
Sakiara wrote: I'm also playing rec volleyball

Pics of you in uniform please.
LordRemington wrote:Volleyball sounds fun and after googling slo-pitch and discovering what it was, that looks fun too (more or less baseball is it not?). Can't do any sports like that out here. If I wanted to get into a sport my choices would be football, football, or ofcourse, football (AFL to be specific) and since being crash tackled by 6 to 7 foot tall rediculously strong guys is not exactly a sport I'm interested in, minigolf or ultimate frisbee are my alternatives. Good enough I suppose.

Do you play in competitions in those or are they more just for fun?
Rec means that it's not very competitive and just for fun. We mess around the whole game. And Didzo you butt, we don't have uniforms either. It's not that serious! So no pics for you.

Lol you googled slo-pitch. Yes, it's basically just like baseball. But again, not as competitive. We throw in a couple drinks here and there too. Ultimate frisbee would be awesome to play, I'd like to play that too.

LordRemington wrote:@Saki- thats because I dream practical. A mansion would just be so much effort. Imagine the cleaning I'd have to do. Also I can't imagine I'd ever need that much space and being rich is for rich people. Give me a bean bag, a reasonable sized t.v and an air conditioner for the summer months in a shack and I'm set Razz

But hey, I have non-bean bag related dreams too. I'd also like to own a jacuzzi and one day go back packing through asia. Oh and own a pug for the sole purpose of naming him Tupug Shakur.

That's cool that you'll have your own place. I'm going to guess that means you'd also be furinture shopping, in which case I'd recommend getting a bean bag chair. I feel its a worth while investment and I say this with absolutely no degree of bias or preference.
Well if you had a mansion then you would hire people to clean. You could also get other people to live with you. My dream is to go all over the world. And I don't think I will be buying furniture anytime soon. First would be a bed. Sorry to say but I probably won't be getting a bean bag chair either lol.

bmpalmann wrote:@Saki: hey long time no see, Razz Things are going ok, had a prolonged absence cos of social stuff but that's all dying down now. How are things in your neck of the woods? Smile
Well we don't have any forests here Razz but same thing as you, busy with the social life. Going away with friends for the weekend. But on a sad note, a friend's Grandma died last weekend. She was like a Grandma to me. But she was suffering and we expected it for a few months Sad I was more there to support the family.

Amazing sigs made by G3NJI and World_Piece Very Happy
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Sakiara wrote:
Didzo wrote:

Pics of you in uniform please.
LordRemington wrote:Volleyball sounds fun and after googling slo-pitch and discovering what it was, that looks fun too (more or less baseball is it not?). Can't do any sports like that out here. If I wanted to get into a sport my choices would be football, football, or ofcourse, football (AFL to be specific) and since being crash tackled by 6 to 7 foot tall rediculously strong guys is not exactly a sport I'm interested in, minigolf or ultimate frisbee are my alternatives. Good enough I suppose.

Do you play in competitions in those or are they more just for fun?
Rec means that it's not very competitive and just for fun. We mess around the whole game. And Didzo you butt, we don't have uniforms either. It's not that serious! So no pics for you.

No uniforms?

Even better.

Wink
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:55 am

Didzo wrote:
Sakiara wrote:

No uniforms?

Even better.

Wink

I can agree to that Wink

Also been having a sporty couple of days this week, having won a football final on Monday, and doing running and football for Sports Relief yesterday. Tried out some boxing today, and the pain is worth the gain Wink
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Congrats on the win, Trick. For muscle aches, I recommend a hot bath.

We had our last performance of our community play last night. After our send-off celebration some of us went to the local music festival that just ended with an entertainer on a keyboard and some dancing music from around the world.

I got back at 3:30am because of daylight saving but I've been staying up for some shaving and a haircut, which I haven't had for quite some time. I feel naked and silly without my beard. Unsure

Spoiler:
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:56 pm

@Saki, well I figured it sounded base-ballish, but my knowlegerium on sports is about equivalent with a 3 year-old eskimo child so I wanted to google it to be sure

I'd like to end up going around the world some day too. Aw, but furniture shopping is part of the fun of moving (that and bubble wrap). Well while I respect your decision not to buy a bean bag chair, I'll just say you should keep it open as an option. I heard stocks for bean bag values are supposed to shoot up some time in the future

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp had my graduate medical exam on Saturday and gooood monkey christ was it long. Got in to the testing facility at 8:15 a.m and left the building at 5:30 p.m.

First two seconds on humanities and essay writing weren't too awful. The science section, which went for three hours was rather painful, but it wasn't disasterous. Guess I'll find out in a month how I actually went.

Didn't help that before the test, I had the most awkward conversation with one of the most unpleasant people I've ever met who was sitting in the table next to me.

After the test, went out with a few friends who were also doing the test to a Mongolian BBQ restaurant and all I can say after trying it is Mongolian food>Chinese food.

Thanks gen for the awesome sig
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:05 pm

LordRemington wrote:
Didn't help that before the test, I had the most awkward conversation with one of the most unpleasant people I've ever met who was sitting in the table next to me.

Share the conversation.
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 am

My JV Soccer Team got creamed yesterday 6-0. Worst part is, we play the same team again next Tuesday. Our coach made the whole team do nothing but run today for 2 hours, but I got out of it because I had to finish an English project Razz

Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:18 pm

@Remi: lol, well I will keep getting a bean bag in mind.

And ouch, sounds like a grueling day Sad

I agree with Didzobutt too to share the awkward conversation.

Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:29 pm

It was reasonabely high in terms of gruelage factor yes Sad But it as okay in the end. I've actually found that since I don't have to study for the gamsat anymore, I have more energy and all my normal work seems so much easier, so it was worth it in more ways than I expected

Its hard to explain, how it was awkward just through writing what she said to me. It was the way she talked. She was incredibly forceful with her questioning and even when I would try to get away from he conversation, by looking away or trying to look pre-occupied, she'd just go ahead and keep asking more questions.

I was sitting there with her for about 30 mins before the exam actually started so, its hard to remember all of the conversation, but to give an idea of what the entire thing was like, one part I remember well was when talking about the gamsat itself.

Me: So do you feel ready for the test?

Her: Yeah, its all pretty easy. First part is just about understanding how to care for others and all that. The essays really just about being able to crap on for two pages and the science is just easy chem and physics.

Me: ha, yeah pretty much. So did you study much for it?

Her: Ha! no, there's basically nothing to study for? What? Did you?

Me: Yeah I got tutoring

Her: Ha why? what did you need to be tutored?

Me :(Awkward half laugh) Well I went to see a tutor for the science section. I'm not great when it comes to Chemistry or physics.

Her: HA really? That's just weird. Chemistry and physics are so freaking easy.

Me: (another awkward half laugh), yeah, I don't know, I'm just not great with numbers and equations.

Her: ha, equations? There also so easy though, I never had any problems with them. It's just re-arranging numbers and having a basic understanding forces and interactions

Me: he, yeah, I guess (trail of with mumbling) *and then awkward silence with her staring at me*.......

Her: So what are you going to do after the test?

Me: Eh, I'll probably be so fried after the test, I'll just go home and take a nap. (saying it in a fairly jokey manner)

Her: Ha, that's soo lame.

Me: Ha, yeah, I know. So what's your plans?

Her: hhmmmm, dunno.....But what ever it is, it'll be a lot more fun than doing nothing and napping ha ha ha ha.

*end of exerpt*

*Note* the laughs she gave weren't the ha ha funny kind of laughs but the Ha I don't get it, your weird and I'm judging you heavily for it kind of laughs.

Again it's hard to describe how awkward she was to talk to just through saying what she said. It's how she said everything as well. She spoke with ever sentence with a high, questioning inflection and stared with a half-puzzled look at me the-entire-time. Also if it wasn't apparent from the above, she was incredibly condescending. Felt like I misspoke, with every thing I said to her.

And it was more irritating that despite, being condescending with everything she said, she still insisted on asking more and more questions, even though every time I answered, she'd just come back with some half-joking condescending remark that would just cause another awkward silence. I also don't think it dawned on her that those silences, were awkward silences. I'm reasonably sure she it not familiar with the concept of awkwardness.

But it was all fine. Didn't affect my test really. I was actually pretty happy when the test began actually. Because as with almost all tests, rule number one was "Do not talk when in exam conditions" and that rule was just dandy with me.

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:15 am

What a terrible human being. Your restraint is admirable.
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Didzo wrote:What a terrible human being. Your restraint is admirable.
I concur.
They sound very cocky, hopefully you'll do miles better than them Remi Wink

Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks. Though its not really tolerance, so much as I'm far to wussy to confront anyone Razz

Eh, maybe its just her personality and I just didn't get it. I don't feel she knew she was acting rude, otherwise she probably wouldn't have been so inquisitive.

And thanks Ben, though its hard to tell how well I did. Was so long, it mostly seemed like a blur. Still, not the end of the world if I don't do well. I can do it again if I want, but I have plenty of other options other than medicine. One beauty of doing science, is there are dozens of different directions to go (but at the same time that makes it very challenging to choose a set direction).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

While perusing the local shopping mall looking for a few new shirts, I found a woolly robe. At that moment it dawned on me how much I really wanted to have a woolly robe and thus I bought it.

Its hard to describe the comfort I now feel. Now I feel like Hugh Hefner....... without the classy pipe, millions of dollars or women...... but I feel slightly more classy none the less.

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Lol, well that would be an awkward conversation. You're too nice Remi, if I was you she would hear some not so nice words... Maybe the girl is anti-social or doesn't know how to communicate with people...idk.

A wooly robe eh. That reminds me, I bought a duvet and it is amazing!! But Hugh Hefner isn't very hot, go with Brad Pitt in his Troy days Razz

Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:49 pm

aww, but I don't own a leather cuirass so I can't pull off the Pitt look Sad That and the several leaps in attractiveness I'd need to make, but most the cuirass thing.

hmm I need to learn how to craft leather.

And once again I had to go to the googles to figure out what a duvet was (heard the word before though). Sounded like a french sofa Razz . But ah, I see. Here in australia land we call them "doonas". Far less appealing name than duvet, but yes, a good duvet makes me never want to get out of bed, especially in the winter months, which coincidentally we are just starting to get into here.

Which reminds me my toes are cold.

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:49 am

Meow, a visitation from the old hermit from days long past!

I wish to see how all of my friends on here have been doing :3

And Eurospore does not look healthy... that makes me a sad kitty.

In all seriousness though, how is everyone?

EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:03 am

I'm good thanks Nid Very Happy Long time no speak buddy ^^

How are you doing?

MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:05 am

Not bad today :3 Tried to contact you on Deviantart but that came short...

To tell you the truth, though, overall I've been kinda miserable.

EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:00 am

Woah, just saw your note, I'll reply to you on that

MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Hey Nid, very long time, no see Very Happy

I've been doing okay I suppose. Last year of uni, so got a reasonable amount of stress to deal with.

What's been going on with you lately?

----------------------------------------------------------

Well we had a bit of excitement here today. Since the day we moved to Colyton, I've always been intrigued about a strange and rather creepy house two streets up, that I pass every time I go to uni.

It's unusual in that literally every inch of it, is coated in green paint. And I mean everything. The walls, the roof, the windows, the door, the fence. All of it is the same colour of green. And it didn't look like anyone lived there.

Well today we noticed a bunch of news helicopters hovering around not far from our house. We turned on the news, to see if there was anything going on and what do you know, the strange green house is on. Apparently there was a bomb scare. The owner of the house hadn't been seen for a few weeks, so one of the neighbours called the police to go check on him. When they go to the house, he was there but apparently got freaked out by the cops and barricaded himself in the house. The police busted in and found suspicious looking taped up boxes and what appeared to be pictures of people on his wall, sort of looking like targets for attacks.

The street was evacuated, and the bomb squad got called in.

After everything was said and done, the boxes were found not to be explosive, but the police are still considering placing charges on him, suggesting there was still something shady in the house.

Still a bit of excitement in the area and atleast it gave a little bit of insight into the owner of that strange green house.

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:19 am

LordRemington wrote:Hey Nid, very long time, no see Very Happy

I've been doing okay I suppose. Last year of uni, so got a reasonable amount of stress to deal with.

What's been going on with you lately?

It's good to see life has been treating you reasonably well, despite the challenges.

As for me, I finally have my dream. I am working with animals, only lightly for now, but I will rise in the ranks as time goes on. I am actually one of the youngest to go into this field, which surprised me.

Despite this, I feel rather empty. I lost Taldar not too long ago, and my life has only gone downhill from there. Luna's getting on a bit, and she will definitely be the next to go, and then over time I will lose my last precious friend, Lanjiang.

Over time, I also have discovered my other friendships to be waning. I hear very little from Rebecca any more, which is probably the thing that hurts me the most. I hear very little from you folks any more, which is more my fault than anything, and if this forum dies I lose you completely. I'm not even sure that it's an 'if', but more a 'when'. I try desperately to keep my old friendships from collapsing now, because these same friendships may be with the only people I will ever like. I've begun to detest humanity above and beyond my normal hatred over the years, and it has gone to the point I will avoid contact with people completely.

I feel as though I've lost absolutely everything but my dreams, and nothing truly tragic, apart from Taldar's death, has happened at all. I cannot wrap my head around it.

Suffice it to say, I'm more than a little screwed up right now.

EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:11 am

NIDKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tackling Hug I MISSED YOU!

Oh my god, I'm so sorry about Taldar, I can only imagine how you must feel right now Sad

Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:16 am

I missed you too, my good friend.

Taldar meant more to me than any other animal to date, and that is saying something. His death alone has made this world a darker place.

EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:41 am

Hey Nidking. I know I didn't really know you that much, but I'm sorry for your lose. I haven't talked to Becca in awhile either.

Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:19 am

Only just read your post, Nid (and I was too late for your chatbox request). Extremely saddened by your loss my friend. I always try and be a shoulder to cry on when and if I can.

You are also I am afraid more correct than I or you wish with using the word "When" instead of "If" I fear. Not just the fault of members coming and going, but also my fault for spending less and less time here. I too have not heard from Becca (for a VERY long time). I have not heard from several people for a VERY long time actually, but will not bore you with a list.

An amazing sig by the great MarkyDMan.
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

View user profile http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:09 am

I'm sorry for your loss, Nid. I remember you talking about Tadar a fair bit way back when and I know your pets mean alot to you as they do to everyone. Always hard losing a pet, but I know its particularly hard for you with your close affinity with animals. That's the worst thing about owning pets, is that unless you own a tortoise or a cockatoo, chances are, you'll always out live them.

I don't think anyone can deny that things aren't looking great for eurospore, but thats absolutely no one's fault. As much as we'd like things to stay the way they were in the good old days (I know I sure as hell do), change is just a part of life. Nothing is forever. Though I'd say considering how small a community we are, its remarkable we've gone on as long as we have (particularly with the little dramas in between that shook things up). Really just goes to show the strength our little community developed.

I haven't heard from Rebecca in a very long time either, as well as alot of other people.

It's hard to know what to say, but remember we will be here for you if you need us. Eurospore may not be doing as well as she used to be, but she still has some life in her. Eurospore won't die until, everyone has left. and I'm not planning on leaving soon.

LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down