I should hate this song.... but...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Vektrix on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:03 pm

Ok, this thread could get embarrassing for some of us. However, there are a few songs that I am sure people here like, but wish they didn't. For example, I am a MetalHead through and through, I pretty much despise anything that is dance, Hip-Hop / Rap, boybands, manufactured and most pop. However, here are FIVE songs I should really DESPISE and HATE, but, actually, really quite like Embarassed

I hate trance music, I think it is uninspiring and repetitive, so why do I like this?



The next two were high flying when I was 7-8 years old, I liked them then, and they have survived past my dislike of most pop music.





Ok, Show me a Rap or Hip-Hip song (what the hell is the difference) and I will show you an appalling piece of brainrot - usually the same song you just played me, but in this case, I'd be lying.



*Holds head in hands in shame* Don't ask me, I don't know, all her other stuff is worse than brainrot, this though, well, I just have no idea.



Now, excuse me whilst I go into the corner and die of shame.

_________________
Please read the Forum Guidelines.

An amazing sig by the great MarkyDMan.
avatar
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek
Location : Lancashire, England
Age : 38

View user profile http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Trick on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Vektrix wrote:

I saw them live when I went to see Kool and the Gang >.>



Same as Vek, I hate trance music. But I love this.
avatar
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz
Location : Sunny Dorset, in the UK.
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by LordRemington on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Don't worry Pat, we all have songs like that.

Now I have said multiple times in past that I hate both country and rap..... Well I'll admit there are one or two songs from both genres that I like.



Sometimes I listen to it and think "what am I doing?!", but i just like this song for some odd reason.

As for a rap song I'll admit I like.



I guess its because I like songs with a point. Most rap is just annoying.


And even though I really don't normally like hip hop, I'll admit it................. I like Nelly's newest song.


_________________

Thanks gen for the awesome sig
avatar
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1
Location : Sydney,Australia
Age : 26

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Red-Indigo on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:54 am

Haha, its okay Vek, I actually like that Gangstas paradise song too. Im really not a hip hop/rap person, but for some reason I like it. I also like 'beggin' by madcon, although I hate their other songs.




_________________

'Together, we are robots.' 'I am not a robot. I am a unicorn'
avatar
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron
Location : In my own little world...
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Vektrix on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:07 am

No-one slating me for the Miley song? scratch

That Barbara Streisand song is one of the worst songs ever made IMHO, not sure why you like it.

The other songs shown sound generic to me.

_________________
Please read the Forum Guidelines.

An amazing sig by the great MarkyDMan.
avatar
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek
Location : Lancashire, England
Age : 38

View user profile http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by MetalStarTech on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:07 am

I must agree Vek i meen 2 words rep is no song its a pile of well u know but im going as low as poss with this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lofgud4wLLo

MetalStarTech
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Location : Some place just past Parts Unkowen
Age : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Illusionary on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 am

I know how you feel Vek. As a metalhead myself, I don't understand why I like Friday by Rebecca Black...

Feel free to slam me on that one. I've heard it all.

I have mostly heavy metal on my iPod, although I'm also a fan of underground techno.
avatar
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion
Location : lol
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Vektrix on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:56 am

Everyone really should hate Rolf, but no-one seems to scratch



That song by Rebecca Black is abysmal IMO, but tbh, that is not really the point. The reaction to that song was just stupid.

_________________
Please read the Forum Guidelines.

An amazing sig by the great MarkyDMan.
avatar
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek
Location : Lancashire, England
Age : 38

View user profile http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by ArticShock on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Lol, I liked that song, I found it really entertaining! Laughing


I find this song really catchy.
avatar
ArticShock
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : ArticShock
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Red-Indigo on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Vektrix wrote:No-one slating me for the Miley song? scratch

That Barbara Streisand song is one of the worst songs ever made IMHO, not sure why you like it.

The other songs shown sound generic to me.

Lol, me neither, I think its more to do with childhood. I remember it from then, so thats probably why I like it. Brainwashed Razz

Yeah, they are generic, but I think somtimes it not so much the song you like the but what you associate or even just somthing to do with the beat or rhythm, or even just the voice.

_________________

'Together, we are robots.' 'I am not a robot. I am a unicorn'
avatar
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron
Location : In my own little world...
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by LordRemington on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Vektrix wrote:No-one slating me for the Miley song? scratch

Because the song is amazing obviously Razz. Personally I don't know if I dislike Miley Cyrus or Billy Ray Cyrus's music more.

I dislike any teenage pop music. I have yet to come across any that even I even mildly enjoy.



@Artic, you must enjoy getting Rick Roll'd then Razz


_________________

Thanks gen for the awesome sig
avatar
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1
Location : Sydney,Australia
Age : 26

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Andeavor on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:39 pm


_________________

Spoiler:
avatar
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Trick on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:37 am

Andeavor wrote:

Go die in a hole.

Laughing
avatar
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz
Location : Sunny Dorset, in the UK.
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Aletrius on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:16 am

Peter Andre? I didn't even listen to it and I need a psychiatrist...

I concur with Trick. Smile
avatar
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by sjhorm on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:25 am



Haha Remi, I do enjoy getting Rick Roll'd. I usually say something like, "Well done sir" to myself. Razz
I laugh when I realize it's a Rickroll. Razz
avatar
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm
Location : United States of Vespucci
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Vektrix on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:26 am

Andy,. I have just lost all respect for you for liking that one Laughing




Don't ask why. I don't know.

_________________
Please read the Forum Guidelines.

An amazing sig by the great MarkyDMan.
avatar
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek
Location : Lancashire, England
Age : 38

View user profile http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by MetalStarTech on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Ok Vek ur talking bobands that should be shot with single bullet but have 1 track thats a pass heres my add although i disagree about 5 thay should have just being shot


MetalStarTech
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Location : Some place just past Parts Unkowen
Age : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Didzo on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:32 pm

I don't think that any genre of music should be classified as bad or horrible, though much of music is highly commercialized and created to make as much money as possible. This means being generic and catchy in order to appeal to as many people as possible. It's easy to find good stuff in any genre with a little effort though.
avatar
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Vektrix on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:54 pm

Didzo wrote:I don't think that any genre of music should be classified as bad or horrible, though much of music is highly commercialized and created to make as much money as possible. This means being generic and catchy in order to appeal to as many people as possible. It's easy to find good stuff in any genre with a little effort though.

Didzo, I completely agree, however, this thread is more to highlight that although we all hate or dislike whole sections of the musical universe (I, as MST has intimated, would happily let all boybands rot and I also thing Rap should be spellt with a silent c), that knowing this, I should in fact hate anything by any boyband, or rap artist, but don't. It is more to show to that despite some of our hatred towards these things, we realise that good stuff does come of it.

I am sure that there are people on EuroSpore who hate Heavy Metal (seemingly the most popular genre here) and would consider all of it without merit. However, I am sure some of them have songs in that genre that they appreciate as well.

Another one from me. I actually quite like Katy Perry anyway (well, I Kissed a Girl and Firework - I know, I feel the shock in the room already), but Kanye West? scratch


_________________
Please read the Forum Guidelines.

An amazing sig by the great MarkyDMan.
avatar
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek
Location : Lancashire, England
Age : 38

View user profile http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Vektrix on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:21 am

Found another.


_________________
Please read the Forum Guidelines.

An amazing sig by the great MarkyDMan.
avatar
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek
Location : Lancashire, England
Age : 38

View user profile http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Iridescence on Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:28 am

I'll post vids later, but I just thought I should drop off a little list. Like many here, I am a metalhead. I am quite ashamed of even saying I like these songs:
California Girls-Katy Perry
When I Look at You-Miley Cyrus
Crossing Over
Falling Slowly
Moving Like Bernie
Whatever You Like
And more to come later...
avatar
Iridescence
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : banzaibill96
Location : Shee-kawg-goe
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Vektrix on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:30 pm


_________________
Please read the Forum Guidelines.

An amazing sig by the great MarkyDMan.
avatar
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek
Location : Lancashire, England
Age : 38

View user profile http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Arkanay on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:41 pm

I like the above song too. No reason to hate it, it's such a catchy tune. Razz
avatar
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by LordRemington on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Arkanay wrote:I like the above song too. No reason to hate it, it's such a catchy tune. Razz

Same. I have that Chemical Brothers album.

_________________

Thanks gen for the awesome sig
avatar
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1
Location : Sydney,Australia
Age : 26

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Re: I should hate this song.... but...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum