EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Live Alex

+3
Aletrius
Trick
OneDeadSlime
7 posters

Go down

Long Live Alex Empty Long Live Alex

Post by OneDeadSlime Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:33 am

http://www.longlivealex.com/

Here is a guy that has set about achieving the unthinkable; becoming the oldest man on earth!
The fact that you can very hardly survive to the ages required is one thing, the fact that he's just 32 and a half and that he'll have to way for at least 80 years (unless in case of major catastrophe) is another!

I don't think any male on the forum is that old, so you know, we could watch his progress for years and still don't feel like we have to get out of the way. He stated a year ago, " I have been attempting this death-defying feat non-stop for the last 31 years and 7 months and although I'm now getting tired, I am still confident that I can keep going."

Funnily, there has been a lack of updates from him, but it's explained when he tells us in his blog he's had a son! "If I do live for another 80 years, my sons will, obviously, be in their 80s when I go. "

Join me in wishing him good luck. He has a lot of good stuff btw, check out his blog and videos.

The oldest man alive whose age has been verified is Walter Breuning, 114 and a half, who unfortunately has been having health troubles lately.
The oldest man on record whose age can be verified beyond doubt is Christian Mortensen, having lived for 115 years and 252 days.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Long Live Alex Empty Re: Long Live Alex

Post by Trick Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:37 am

Funny how he's being sponsored by "Innocent Drinks", inferring that he's going to drink/eat very healthily for the rest of his life.

Meanwhile grannies in their 110's are sipping vodka and singing old Russian songs.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:08 am

I think by the time you get to 110 you have nothing to lose from drinking vodka and singing old Russian songs. Laughing

But good luck to him, I guess. Bit of an odd ambition, I guess, but good luck nonetheless.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:15 am

Or you can eat Enexy all you want, Johannes Heesters does it!
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:19 am

Something tells me I'll beat him to it.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:27 am

He certainly is shooting for a high goal, but there are so many variables that could easily prevent him from reaching 110. Ofcourse I imagine he has probably got the healthy living and exercise part of his life down, but that does take into account having accidents, getting illness, or just his body in general. Even if two people who are roughly the same build, living identical lifestyle to each other, doesn't mean they will live to the same age.

Good luck to him, he is going to have many challenges in his life that he'll need to overcome in order to reach his goal. I wonder what age he is shooting for, or if he'll be satisfied even if he is just a day older than the previous oldest man on earth.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:25 am

There's this Greek Island where they drink nothing but wine, eat nothing but fish, bread, and berries, and are capable of being sexually active past 80 years old. And most of them don't look a day over 50.

Can anyone help me remember the name of this island? Because Alex should go hang there.
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:34 am

Could this be it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icaria#Modern_Era

I think I've seen it being spoken on a TV show once.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Descardion Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:37 am

I think that's the one. Smile
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:20 pm

LordRemington wrote:Good luck to him, he is going to have many challenges in his life that he'll need to overcome in order to reach his goal. I wonder what age he is shooting for, or if he'll be satisfied even if he is just a day older than the previous oldest man on earth.

I think he's mentioned he wants to be 150 or something, lol. He's like "fifthway there".

And Icaria has a few centenarians, nothing extreme though.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:42 pm

OneDeadSlime wrote:
LordRemington wrote:Good luck to him, he is going to have many challenges in his life that he'll need to overcome in order to reach his goal. I wonder what age he is shooting for, or if he'll be satisfied even if he is just a day older than the previous oldest man on earth.

I think he's mentioned he wants to be 150 or something, lol. He's like "fifthway there".

And Icaria has a few centenarians, nothing extreme though.

150?.. Shocked

Unless the develop some sort of medicine or procedure that can dramatically slow the progression of ageing, I think 150 is pretty optimistic. I'm aware they are actually trying to develop such technology, but its no where near the stage where it could be used on humans. And if they did create a serum of some sort that halted aging, I doubt he'd be the only one to get it, thus he'd still have some competition. Razz

Also I don't remember where but isn't there a girl somewhere in the world who has a genetic abnormality that causes he to age very very slowly. She's 20 or something, but body and mind, she is still only 4 or 5 (although there are no other negative side effects of her condition) if I remember correctly. Supposedly she barely ages at all and they aren't even sure if she will continue aging. If there is anyone who has a chance of breaking the 150 year old barrier, it will be her.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:20 am

If there is anyone who has a chance of breaking the 150 year old barrier, it will be her.

Not really, you can't tell how things will be like in 150 years, and things aren't always what they look like. There was a woman called Eugenie Blanchard that was in very bad health since 106, yet she went on to become the world's oldest (verified) person 8 years later. Noone saw that coming. Also, stories like this are usually inflated by the media. There was an infant that supposedly didn't age as well but I've yet to find any scientific article on it. Just like 135 year olds are presented as "the oldest person to have ever lived", just like that, without any thought and doubt.

Also, 150 years is *easily possible* excluding the obvious age issue, it has been calculated by statisticians that biological causes excepted the "safe" lifespan would be 1200 years long.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:05 am

OneDeadSlime wrote:

Also, 150 years is *easily possible* excluding the obvious age issue, it has been calculated by statisticians that biological causes excepted the "safe" lifespan would be 1200 years long.

1200 years? Surprised Well 150 doesn't seem so impressive now Razz . Though I'm figuring 1200 years would be under absolutely optimum (near impossible) conditions.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:35 pm

No, you probably didn't understand, 1200 years is about the time you would (in theory) be able to live without being in too much danger of random accidents.

In reality it is assumed that the limit to human longevity (without overt enhancements, like today) is about 125 years, with the highest recorded lifespan being 122 and a half.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:43 am

I'll be honest and say I don't believe the 1200 figure. Any sources I could see?
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down