EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Computer/Technology Videos

5 posters

Go down

Old Computer/Technology Videos Empty Old Computer/Technology Videos

Post by Illusionary Sat May 28, 2011 1:35 pm

In my Technical Literacy class the other day, we were watching old ads from Apple, and my teacher demonstrated how about 25 years ago, computers just started using pictures. Then, he told us to imagine what computers would look like another 25 years from now.

It's kinda scary how fast technology improves in even a couple of months, and I personally watching super-old computer advertisements to show how much we could possibly improve for the future.

Feel free to discuss these as well. Smile
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

Old Computer/Technology Videos Empty Re: Old Computer/Technology Videos

Post by Andeavor Sat May 28, 2011 6:19 pm

I've gone through some computers in the past 20-some odd years. I remember the switch going from a big screen that would take all your desk space to a flatscreen. Internet back then was still new and always made a terrible noise when dialing in. Shocked

Recently, I read Intel is working on a processor that could cut the thickness of smart phones in half. Apple is also considering using their iPad 2 processor A5 for the MacBook Air, which is already one of the thinnest laptops on the market.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat May 28, 2011 7:14 pm

It is scary how fast it all moves. I remember when the only computer I had was a huge grey yellow box and everything on it (mainly 8 bit games) ran off of a floppy disk.

I remember that noise too, which I am glad is a thing of the past!

Laptops are ridiculously tiny these days, compared to what they used to be. I can see this trend carrying on too. However, as much as I'd like to think of holographic touchscreens projected from a wrist watch or somthing, I do think there will be a point where they stop making them so lightweight and start to focus on other design aspects.

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 28, 2011 8:31 pm

The oldest memory I have regarding computers is watching my dad play Prince of Persia and Wolfenstein on his huge and oldie Mac. Razz

We used to team up on Wolfenstein, I would sit on his lap and open doors using the space bar, while he did the rest. xD

But like you, I am also very curious to see how things will be like in many years from now. Smile

Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun May 29, 2011 10:18 pm

Might fine machines those are, yarp, state of the art technology see. *says in a 1950's sprooker voice*

Its remarkable how far computers have come in such a short time. I remember being a little squirt and when we had miscrosoft 1995, thinking it was the pinnacle of computing technology. Diablo and monster truck madness are the only two games I can remember playing on it.

They have already designed a nearly completely digital computer, where a little desk lamp shaped device projects the keyboard onto a horizontal surface and the screen onto a vertical surface.

Only a matter of time until computer like that are widely available.

I'm both fascinated and terrified to see what they next step in technology will be. Fascinated as in what new developments will be made with computers and terrified when there is the inevitable robot uprising Shocked
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down