EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: The most famous car in Switzerland - frozen to the ground

4 posters

Go down

NEWS: The most famous car in Switzerland - frozen to the ground Empty NEWS: The most famous car in Switzerland - frozen to the ground

Post by Andeavor Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:31 am

NEWS: The most famous car in Switzerland - frozen to the ground 00808311-47f7cad4b6f3250380061006b58c48a9

Jean-Christophe was late to a friend's birthday party in Geneva when he finally found a parking spot near the lakeside. Four hours later when he returned, the car was frozen to the ground. The water from the lake kept sprinkling onto the car and anything nearby covering it with a strong layer of ice, unable to break at these temperatures we currently experiencing in Europe.

He couldn't get into his car at all, which forced him to take a taxi back home. The car is still on the same spot and has become somewhat of a local attraction. Jean-Christophe isn't worried since his wife has a car of her own, however he had to cancel his skiing trip last weekend because the skis are trapped in the roof box.

Click here for the full article in German and some additional pictures:
http://www.20min.ch/news/kreuz_und_quer/story/-Dem--der-mein-Auto-klauen-will--Viel-Glueck---28290138
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

NEWS: The most famous car in Switzerland - frozen to the ground Empty Re: NEWS: The most famous car in Switzerland - frozen to the ground

Post by Aieru Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:09 am

Hihihi,. that's so cool. ILoveItPlz
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

NEWS: The most famous car in Switzerland - frozen to the ground Empty Re: NEWS: The most famous car in Switzerland - frozen to the ground

Post by LordRemington Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Would take a mighty powerful hair drier to unfreeze that car. I'm wondering when it eventually defrosts if it will even be drivable.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:33 am

LordRemington wrote:Would take a mighty powerful hair drier to unfreeze that car. I'm wondering when it eventually defrosts if it will even be drivable.

Why wouldn't it be?
Didzo
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Didzo wrote:

Why wouldn't it be?

I perhaps poorly worded what I meant. I wasn't referring to the engine or anything as I'd imagine that it's mostly just surface ice.

Was just wonder what would happen to those wheels after being frozen solid like that. But still in hindsight, I suppose that as well probably wouldn't do much if anything.

Wasn't thinking to hard at the time.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down