EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

+15
LordRemington
Aieru
MarkyDMan
bmpalmann
Zellex
Tyranidking
SuperLoki
Dino589
Vektrix
flux
Shadow
Lumorei
Hawkbird2000
Icedmask
Arkanay
19 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 9 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Vektrix Sat May 22, 2010 1:05 am

Cool first couple of acts, I see we have an interior to build for the ship? I also see it needs to have a good exterior so it looks like wreckage - once bmpalmann has developed the entire the ship, I can get to work on a few bits of interior wreckage.

Wicked Dogs? Cool, i can do that Smile

Ark, that church is amazing, but then you know my fave piece or Arkanay work is a church anyway.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 9 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Arkanay Sat May 22, 2010 4:47 am

Ok, so here's act 3. (Remember to give your suggestions and feedback. If you'd like to make it longer (since it's gona be in 2 parts) just say some ideas and we'll see what we can do :-) )
Act 3 "Lost Mystery" Description - "You feel a strange presence in the air. Although this alien forest is capable of inspiring serenity, you feel evil lurks around. Cautiously, you continue exploring." (Might be too big for the square. Gona have to work on these texts)

So here you continue wondering more around, finding some cool plants, animals and then some forgotten statues and temples (which belonged to the natives) One of the objectives would be to examine one. You also find some berries that seem to have healing properties.

Objective 1 - Examine Alien Statue - Upon Examining: "An alien statue... By the looks of it, seems it has been here forgotten for centuries. You can feel a slightly soothing, yet disturbing, aura emanating from it. Not far from your location, you spot some more of these structures. This one has a small empty socket. It looks like a piece is missing.

Objective 2 - Some new predators appear and you'd have to fight them off. Ideas for fighting (besides old-school) are accepted.

Ok, perhaps we could add a different objective here, like, somewhere around the ground, hidden under some bushes, some sort of curiously looking gem or small statuette, able to carry in your hand. You'd then have to take it to the first statue. In doing so, you'd either unlock a gate, or make appear a wall, or perhaps something else, which would appear in the following act.
Objective 3 - Bring X to Y.

Need some ideas now ^^'

Maybe could appear one of the walls with the prophecy, where you'd read some old inscriptions using the Galactical translator. That would be in Act 4. Or maybe something completly different. Could unlock a gate to make proceed through the jungle.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Sat May 22, 2010 5:03 am

Maybe the gem will open the mouth of a cave where a few of the Natives live?
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 22, 2010 5:09 am

I, personally, am not a fan of that idea. Why would they live in a cave where the entry could be oppened by anyone from the outside?

I think the first contact you'd have is in a small villags, with just a few alive. There'd be some crewmember corpses there, at first glance you could think they were killed by the natives. But after exploring and reading some diaries, you find out they found them wounded by the "sky daemons" and were trying to heal them. Here you slowly start understanding the story, little by little.

Again, that's just how I think. Need to hear more ppl's opinions
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Sat May 22, 2010 5:32 am

I like the story so far, it's very in-depth, and that will attract people to it and make them feel a part of the story. In other news, I made the Okuxines:

(PNG so you can view it in-game)

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 9 500593316017_lrg

All opinions accepted and used.

@bmpalmann: You obviously have a better idea about paint than I do, so can you publish a specially made creation with the exact paint-job you'd like to see, so I can 'paint-like' it Smile
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 22, 2010 6:07 am

Native Jungle Statue

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 9 500593720237_lrg
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sat May 22, 2010 10:18 pm

MarkyDMan wrote:I like the story so far, it's very in-depth, and that will attract people to it and make them feel a part of the story. In other news, I made the Okuxines:

(PNG so you can view it in-game)

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 9 500593316017_lrg

All opinions accepted and used.

@bmpalmann: You obviously have a better idea about paint than I do, so can you publish a specially made creation with the exact paint-job you'd like to see, so I can 'paint-like' it Smile

I'll use and edit the png colour wise and then i'll send it to you via PMs, as for the ship wreckage, i'm going to make the complete ship and then break it off into 3 different sections and make those more detailed, i'll publish any of the stuff i make.
But for now i'll only publish stuff on my Alt account: Remyxomatosis
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Remyxomatosis%7C500518668317

I've also got a few props i can edit mainly weapons and tools
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 22, 2010 10:19 pm

bmp, just remember to keep updating stuff on this threas as you make it :-)
Also remember that the ship parts are all destroyed, wrecked up, with holes and useless, due to the crashing.

Keep up the good job.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkbird2000 Sat May 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Wow, i wish i could do something, oh well
Hawkbird2000
Hawkbird2000
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1025&t=175157

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 22, 2010 10:21 pm

DragonFame, id you'd like to be part of the team, read the OP. Then, give suggestions, ideas, opinions, feedback.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sat May 22, 2010 10:21 pm

I'm making the complete ship first for reference, so i know what to do to make it a wreck
I tried just creating a wreck without any references and it was awful Surprised
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 22, 2010 11:56 pm

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 9 500594142793_lrg
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Sun May 23, 2010 4:51 am

I'm working on some statue, temple, and ruin designs right now.
Sadly, I'm not allowed to use Spore on a plane. So I'm drawing this.

See you in 5 hours.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 23, 2010 5:37 am

Another one. They're being added to the Sporecast. Remember to sub to it, so you can keep track of what's being used and what's not :-) Have fun

(This PNG's crappy. Looks better ingame.)

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 9 500594161120_lrg
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 23, 2010 9:50 am

Here's a creation that might be fun to use in game. It's a Native Sea Transport. They've tamed these water beasts and they use them as ferriers across large water regions. When the Vorpacsis arrived, most were terminated, some used as slave-burden-beasts and a few rare were left intact. Was thinking in the adventure we could add these and like, when on top of them, they'd move to a certain location or use them with a teleporter to transport the player around. Ideas are welcome

(The flippers move, so is better seen ingame)
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 9 500594523440_lrg
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Sun May 23, 2010 11:21 am

bmpalmann wrote:I'm making the complete ship first for reference, so i know what to do to make it a wreck
I tried just creating a wreck without any references and it was awful Surprised
What I would do in this situation is make the entire ship itself (with a little bit of freedom) and remove the various pieces that you do not want for that particular piece of wreckage. This involves my clever system of using a single body and the rest being detail parts, so in this case you would need multiple bodies, with different parts of the ship attatched to each. What you could do once you have a piece of the ship is use asym on it, then pull it apart, distort it, add stuff, remove stuff, modify the paint in places, etc. Just a suggestion.

Arkanay wrote:Here's a creation that might be fun to use in game. It's a Native Sea Transport. They've tamed these water beasts and they use them as ferriers across large water regions. When the Vorpacsis arrived, most were terminated, some used as slave-burden-beasts and a few rare were left intact. Was thinking in the adventure we could add these and like, when on top of them, they'd move to a certain location or use them with a teleporter to transport the player around. Ideas are welcome

(The flippers move, so is better seen ingame)
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 9 500594523440_lrg
Whoa wait. Whats this, whats this? A creature in the vehicle editor? Lol, dude, you want the best, then you're looking at the best. I'm pro at this sort of stuff. If anyone should make it, let it be me. I just need a good design to work with.
Also, I like the idea. Not quite sure how they might fit in yet but I like it, and I'd most certainly be happy to make you something like that.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 23, 2010 11:51 am

Sure, Dino. If you're feeling capable then go for it. I've got a feel it'll probably look better than my attempt ;-) Well, i don't have any good design, I just kinda made it up as I put it together. Perhaps you can work out something similar?
Also, if we're gona do with the player stepping on it and being ferried, then the top HAS to be flat to avoid glitches. If we're doing a hidden teleporter thing, then do as you please :-)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Sun May 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Arkanay wrote:Sure, Dino. If you're feeling capable then go for it. I've got a feel it'll probably look better than my attempt ;-) Well, i don't have any good design, I just kinda made it up as I put it together. Perhaps you can work out something similar?
Also, if we're gona do with the player stepping on it and being ferried, then the top HAS to be flat to avoid glitches. If we're doing a hidden teleporter thing, then do as you please :-)
Yeah, I had an idea of what I would make it look like.

What I would like to know though, are these creatures meant to be cargo carriers, or passenger beasts? If the former I would probably put a few piles of crates and stuff on the back, otherwise I would make it flat and empty with perhaps a low guard rail.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Sun May 23, 2010 12:02 pm

*sigh* I feel left out....I'm in a forum and am not even invited or asked to help make this. I didn't even know about this til a few minutes ago
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Blaze: That's not true. I asked you days ago if you wanted to take part in this and you said you weren't into adventures. Still, if you'd like to join, you're welcome. Just read the OP first and then feedback it, give some suggestions, etc :-)

Dino: The idea was kinda: These guys were used by the natives (Before the Vorpacsis invasion) mainly to transport passengers and low cargo (like fruits, leathers, wood) through water regions. They had then been tamed. When the Vorpacsis arrived, most of them were butchered, while some started being used as Vorpacsis slave-burden-beasts, carrying heavier stuff, like metal, stones, slaves, etc. A rare few remained "untouched", still being used in certain villages. Of course there are still the "wild" ones, that live a bit far off the coasts and such.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Sun May 23, 2010 12:06 pm

@Ark: You meant this forum? Oh...I thought you meant one for teh Sporum cause I heard others sayin teh Sporum might make a forum adventure too. Sorry.....Can I still help? Anything in making creatures I can do
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 23, 2010 12:07 pm

Ah, I see where you could have been mislead. No problem, Blaze ;-) Just read the OP first and then feedback it, give some suggestions, etc. Then we'll see what we can do :-)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Sun May 23, 2010 12:11 pm

hmmm...interesting story.......hmmmm

I'm not sure what's taken and what isn't. If anything's open in creature creator then I'll do it(except humanoids)

EDIT: Actually I could do the creepy/poisonous plants if it's open
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Sun May 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Arkanay wrote:Blaze: That's not true. I asked you days ago if you wanted to take part in this and you said you weren't into adventures. Still, if you'd like to join, you're welcome. Just read the OP first and then feedback it, give some suggestions, etc :-)

Dino: The idea was kinda: These guys were used by the natives (Before the Vorpacsis invasion) mainly to transport passengers and low cargo (like fruits, leathers, wood) through water regions. They had then been tamed. When the Vorpacsis arrived, most of them were butchered, while some started being used as Vorpacsis slave-burden-beasts, carrying heavier stuff, like metal, stones, slaves, etc. A rare few remained "untouched", still being used in certain villages. Of course there are still the "wild" ones, that live a bit far off the coasts and such.
Ah, I get it now. I have just the idea, then!

Edit: Gonna throw together some quick concepts in a minute here: concept for these sea beasts, plus my take on the Vorpacsis, which I meant to do earlier but never had the time for.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 23, 2010 12:25 pm

Blaze: Sure, you can go with some of those ;-)

Dino, have you seen my Vorpacsis attempt? I'm actually kinda happy with it and Lumorei liked them too ---> http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Arkanay%7C500313150671%3Asast-500592942899

Of course I'd still like to see your concept for them.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next