EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

+15
LordRemington
Aieru
MarkyDMan
bmpalmann
Zellex
Tyranidking
SuperLoki
Dino589
Vektrix
flux
Shadow
Lumorei
Hawkbird2000
Icedmask
Arkanay
19 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Arkanay Sat May 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Glad to see everyone willing to help. At this point, would be really nice if people helped out some more with the story so we could go to the next step of dividing tasks :-)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Hawkbird2000 Sat May 15, 2010 12:04 pm

yes you should post on the sporum about that
Hawkbird2000
Hawkbird2000
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1025&t=175157

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 15, 2010 12:06 pm

I'd rather keep it within this good community, safe from the impurenesses of the sporum ;-P

When we're done with this, then we can advertise it there.

I trust people's skills in here, just not sure yet about their availibity :-)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Sat May 15, 2010 12:14 pm

I'm always available. ALWAYS. Help Caffeine does wonders!
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Cool ^^ So what's your feedback on the story? :-) What would you change/add/remove?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Sat May 15, 2010 1:07 pm

I'd be quite happy to help where I can, I often have liked collaborations and this seems like it has a fair amount of potential anyway, though I am rather busy at the moment, at least as far as being able to create stuff goes.
I can help with the story and dialogue and such in the meantime though. Seems like we are still deciding what the adventure is going to be about though...?
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Excelent to count on your help dino.

Me and Iced mask kinda gave a general idea of how it's going to be. You can find it on the previous page. Still, it's totally still up for improvement so feel free to post what you think should be changed/added/removed, etc.

I was thinking first discussing the adventure and then split some tasks, always showing off the work here so we could feedback eachother. Also, I'd really like to have good lore in this.

Example:

This isn't a good lore phrase: "Evil aliens that came to enslave others"
This would be a better description: "The *Insert Alien Race Name* are an advanced race that considers itself the only one worthy of rulling the universe. They've spreaded their empire over a few sectors of space, looking for slaves and resources. This planet is one of the many infected by the *Insert Alien Race Name* and they seem determined to conquer their goals here."

All in all, good descriptions and dedication :-)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Sat May 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Yeah, I get it.
And actually, I had already read over the suggestions on the previous page. Both very good ideas, but I am not sure which is the one we should work with. Perhaps a hybrid between the two? I think what the first step should be here should be to decide on a theme, then make a 'skeleton' for the plot to build up on.
Personally I like the idea of having to do a bit of a search to gather intel at the beginning of the mission, rather like what IcedMask had suggested. I also like the idea of having a bit of a seemingly small plot which eventually takes a twist to make it seem much bigger, which is something which can fairly easily be incorporated into either of the two suggestions.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Theme... I would put this in the theme mystery, (perhaps a bit of horror-suspense), action and lore.

As how the planet would look like, was thinking something in the lines of exotic, mountains, type thing. Would also be cool if it had some horror to the planet, like a place you would really want to escape from, not because it was boring but was scary and creepy somehow.

As for the natives, was thinking about them a bit religious and non-fighter like. I wouldn't want to classify them as cowards and would be good if the player actually had some "respect" for them, instead of seeing them as a idiots to help out because it was needed.

For this to work at its best, the player would really have to get involved in the story.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 15, 2010 2:02 pm

Okay, so I was in the mood and came up with a few suggestions for the native race.

Names: Ko'wath ; Nayo ; Bac'nu ; Zrin ; Soron ; etc, etc, etc...

And here are a few creations, which will either serve as inspiration for the natives or one will be chosen

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 2 500590517051_lrg
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 2 500590557003_lrg
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 2 500590557013_lrg
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 2 500590557021_lrg
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sat May 15, 2010 9:00 pm

*raises hand*

Sir, if you need someone to make general interiors, I know someone. My interiors have appeared in two featured adventures.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sat May 15, 2010 9:04 pm

If you need any help on creatures, I'm happy to assist.

If you call me, just let me know what expansions/patches are allowed, otherwise I'll keep it to Core Spore and Patch 3 ^^
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 15, 2010 10:30 pm

Good to know you're all available to assist.

Still, I'd like if people "chipped" in a bit more in the story bit before moving foward, like either say what they'd like to change/add/remove or even your opinion :-)
Just want everyone to be happy with the story :-P
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkbird2000 Sat May 15, 2010 10:37 pm

I'malways availible kinda it depends on wether im in trouble or not (im always in trouble) but i shall be free Thursday or Fri, or Sat, and the rest of the month (if im not in trouble)
Hawkbird2000
Hawkbird2000
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 15, 2010 10:41 pm

Nice. At the moment, we're waiting for more reviews, feedback on the story suggestions so far, so then we move foward.

Since this is a group adventure ;-P
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Sat May 15, 2010 10:45 pm

Well, I would need to know what kind of planet the story happens on in order to figure out a brief idea of what the characters would look like. Sorta like how my Treer Set lives on a blue aquatic planet, or like how Call Of The Avian has an earthly creatures and terraforming.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 15, 2010 10:52 pm

What kind do you suggest, Lumorei?

I was thinking something in the lines of exotic, tropical, but with a few lesser plants than those kinds. Some wild life, not too many. Dark cream could be the color for the ground... perhaps a light sky as well. High mountains around.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Sat May 15, 2010 10:58 pm

Arkanay wrote:What kind do you suggest, Lumorei?

I was thinking something in the lines of exotic, tropical, but with a few lesser plants than those kinds. Some wild life, not too many. Dark cream could be the color for the ground... perhaps a light sky as well. High mountains around.

I was thinking one of these would do...

-a desert planet with a giant oasis where the natives live. And possibly a cave near it that leads to 'the underworld'

-a dense jungle with ancient ruins covered in vines

-mars, covered with strange plants and lots of red water

-or a snow storm planet with huuuuuuge pine trees
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkbird2000 Sat May 15, 2010 10:59 pm

ooh good ideas
Hawkbird2000
Hawkbird2000
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 15, 2010 11:01 pm

I'd like a combination of the first 2. Only except of a sand desert, a black/dark rock type desert.

So there would be 2 areas in the same planet, instead of one area for the whole planet.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Sat May 15, 2010 11:09 pm

How can a dense jungle also be a desert? Hunf
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 15, 2010 11:11 pm

2 different areas, so the planet can have some diversity. Also in the jungle bit, not so dense. A bit less plants so the player has a bit more mobility and ability to see around, perhaps.

Anyways, what's your take on the story, Lumorei?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Sat May 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Arkanay wrote:What kind do you suggest, Lumorei?

I pretty much like this idea. Though I'd rather have some areas more jungle-y, plus the one big rocky desert in one area too.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat May 15, 2010 11:57 pm

Yeah, sounds good to me. Jungle'ish areas and a desert area. Still, the desert would be cool if it was with dark grey/black rock, instead of sand. Would suit better the "theme" of the planet.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun May 16, 2010 12:08 am

I'd like a planet with volcanic regions on it. Many fears, myths and legends come from this kind of feature. Daemons and Titans would suit an area like this too.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next