EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

+15
LordRemington
Aieru
MarkyDMan
bmpalmann
Zellex
Tyranidking
SuperLoki
Dino589
Vektrix
flux
Shadow
Lumorei
Hawkbird2000
Icedmask
Arkanay
19 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 3 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Arkanay Sun May 16, 2010 12:17 am

Sounds cool Vektrix. The area with the titan could have some vulcanic look to it.

Would be awesome to have these 3 settings throughout the story.

First part: Jungle, where you crash, find corpses, scavenge wreckage, come across some natives and their temples, etc.

Second part: Dark, rocky, mountainee desert, where you fight off some aliens, help the natives, find the elder temple with the titan info, travel to the city.

Third part: Alien city and volcanic look, where you arrive, fight and free the titan.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 3 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Arkanay Sun May 16, 2010 12:19 am

Also, Vektrix, what do you feel about the story?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun May 16, 2010 12:21 am

Cool story, could do with some tweaking detail wise though.

Oh, and can you limit your double posting, please Ark?
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 16, 2010 12:23 am

Okay. I mainly do it because sometimes people only read the post once, and if it was editted, not sure you'd see it ;-)

And yeah, details are gona rule the adventure :-P Was just a general idea given. You've got anything you think we should add to this story? I'm really a fan of having some logs, diaries around for the player to check out and gain some intel. Wall paintings too, that date centuries ago.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Sun May 16, 2010 4:24 am

Well, if you need me for anything, I'm an all around creator. Mostly creatures and buildings, though. I think you know my style well enough. Wink
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 16, 2010 4:26 am

I trust your skills, Lum, and it's nice to count with them.

Still, I'd like to know yours and everyone's opinion about the story that's kinda in the air at the moment, so everyone is glad with it and took part in it.

What would you change/add/remove, etc
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Sun May 16, 2010 4:35 am

If I was making this, I'd make sure that the titan was actually an enemy to both sides. And he'd destroy not only the daemons, but the natives. Puts yet anther twist in it! Twisted Evil Eventually you find a spaceship in the debris for you to escape. Either that, or aliens from space stage would find you in response to a distress call, from the crashed spaceship you were on in the first place.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 16, 2010 4:40 am

Hmmm... I'm considering. If the titan was evil, why would the natives have a prophecy that freeing it would be their salvation?
DOn't want them to be stupid either Laughing Cuz to me, the best part of the story is that you're there by "accident" and wanting to escape to save yourself, but end up being the hero from the prophecy. But perhaps we could think of something to make the titan "evil"...

I was also expecting to set a mood/atmosphere very dark, lonely and dangerous, like being you having to find your way out on your own.
Was also kinda thinking the daemon aliens were large in numbers, arrogant, savages yet advanced in tech. Still, the titan's might would overcome them or at least protect the natives.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Sun May 16, 2010 4:42 am

Maybe that prophecy was inaccurate...?
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 16, 2010 4:45 am

Not sure I'm found of that idea. Would be a bit silly also, you being the "hero" and then killing them all Laughing Since this is a group thing, let's see what the rest of the people think.

Furthermore, was thinking about the natives: I'd like if they weren't restricted to a village or something. I'd like if they were spread around the planet, in temples and such and they would have built lots of temples, obelisks, easter island style statues, etc but now mostly everything was overun by the daemon aliens.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Sun May 16, 2010 5:16 am

I rather like that idea of having the natives spread planet-wide, however I think what would work better is having them restricted to just one or two main villages they have managed to defend, with abandoned and damaged buildings, statues, temples, and temple ruins scattered throughout.

Btw I am hoping to do some concept art for the landscape in a little bit too.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 16, 2010 5:41 am

Awesome, Dino. SOunds great to me.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 16, 2010 8:08 am

We're now gona have to come up with names as well.

Names for the planet, races, gods, titan, etc. aswell as some backstory to it.

Also, are we doing this locked or open captain? Honestly, to me, I prefer locked captain but I know most ppl prefer to play with them. We're then gona have to put a warning it's required fighting skills to overcome this adventure.

Moreover, we're gona have to keep most of the adventure outdoors, so AI doesn't give us any troubles. Perhaps some scenes inside temples where you just read something, or so, that should be ok. Also, the cave where the titan is, we can easily make a cave with the rocks already given by maxis so AI isn't a problem in that way and actually looks kinda cool.

I was in the mood and decided to come up with the titan. Will hopefully either be the titan or serve as inspiration for it. I'm actually quite glad with the work, wanting to see what others think:

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 3 500590965573_lrg
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun May 16, 2010 11:27 am

Not sure that is epic enough for a Titan, my main issue is the colours though. Perhaps need to be darker in style (with deep reds and purples)
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun May 16, 2010 11:41 am

I've considered your feedback and made a color change.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 3 500591186622_lrg
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Sun May 16, 2010 11:22 pm

Wait, is the titan supposed to be a good guy or a bad guy here? Unsure
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkbird2000 Sun May 16, 2010 11:33 pm

by the looks of him i'd say bad
Hawkbird2000
Hawkbird2000
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1025&t=175157

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 12:47 am

Was kinda thinking to have a "good" purpose. Like, by freeing the titan, it would protect the natives and fight the daemon aliens. Still, would be cool if it had a wicked look.

This is what I suggest, but I remind you all it's a group adventure so tips for the story are welcome.

So now we're kinda on a step that we require people to tell their thoughts about the story and discuss
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Mon May 17, 2010 12:58 am

TBH I actually kinda liked the idea of the titan being more neutral, however its primary target would definitely be the daemons. And then if you happened to get in the way you would be next.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon May 17, 2010 1:01 am

Do we want classes of Daemons, or is just gonna be the "1,000 man march"
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 1:13 am

Not sure I understood what you meant Vektrix.

The thing is, the daemon aliens aren't really daemons. They're just aliens that are forcing the natives to work for them, so they explore the planets riches. Since the natives are still in a middle age type mentality, they think they are daemons that were cast down from the stars to purge them and a champion from their gods will be cast down to unleash the titan that will save them.

Also, we can have some fruits around in game, disquised as health packs, so they replenish your health in a more natural/survival way.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon May 17, 2010 1:16 am

1,000 man march is a strategy used in Red alert and Command and Conquer style games where you set a building to create units and then send those units directly at the enemy. As one gets killed, another enters the fray.

It is a techique I use in making the epic battles I make.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 1:20 am

Well, we could perhaps use that effect on the last moment, where the titan is busy killing them all and you escape.

There could also be an end boss, like the alien lord, or a queen, or a mind hive, etc.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon May 17, 2010 2:49 am

The titan is one of the main characters in this adventure. We should use a lot time on designing him. Maybe we all should make an titan each and put it to a vote?
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 2:52 am

We could go with that. Or all could give some opinions/feedback, and then work around to please everyone. I agree, Icedmask. Still think the one I made looks cool but still, perhaps, not "epic" enough.

Also, the statues of the jungle could go among this type

Jungle Statue

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 3 500591430882_lrg
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next