EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flash / Shockwave Crashes.... in every browser

+4
Aieru
Lumorei
Arkanay
Vektrix
8 posters

Go down

Flash / Shockwave Crashes.... in every browser Empty Flash / Shockwave Crashes.... in every browser

Post by Vektrix Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:39 am

I can no longer play ANY Video on ANY website in ANY browser without it crashing the entire browser. I have re-installed and uninstalled flash and shockwave five times now and this has not solved the issue, any suggestions?

Last edited by Vektrix on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Flash / Shockwave Crashes.... in every browser Empty Re: Flash / Shockwave Crashes.... in every browser

Post by Arkanay Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:44 am

I have a suggestion in which you will never encounter that problem again. But I don't think you'll like it...
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Flash / Shockwave Crashes.... in every browser Empty Re: Flash / Shockwave Crashes.... in every browser

Post by Vektrix Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:48 am

Keeps crashing, and no solution out on the wide web makes sense or works.

What is your suggestion
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:56 am

Alright... Go to the kitchen and collect the hammer used to beat steaks with.
Return to the computer after. Hold the hammer with a tight grip on your main hand, raise it above your head, and in a fast swing hit the screen. (NOT YET! Or you won't be able to read the rest!) After that, pick up the computer with both hands and throw it to the nearest wall, following with a couple of kicks. Finally, open a window and try to make your computer fly as further as possible.

I assure you you'll never have your browser crashing again.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:24 am

If your computer is anything like myself, then this usually means that your computer's hard drive either old, or broken... the same thing goes for your video card.

You'll probably need a technician. Neutral
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Aieru Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:10 am

Installing yet another browser and see if it fails there too?
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:18 am

I've been having flash problems myself, especially when auto-playing youtube playlists, but I'm on a Mac and they're known for hating Adobe.

I can't even install Adobe reader. What's up with that?

Have you deleted all your history, cookies and cache in your browsers? And are they all up-to-date with the flash and shockwave player?

Also, do a registry sweep, many browser problems can be solved by that.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:19 am

Was it completly fine before, or did you encounter problems then?
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : xDoomsoulx

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:37 am

Arkanay wrote:Alright... Go to the kitchen and collect the hammer used to beat steaks with.
Return to the computer after. Hold the hammer with a tight grip on your main hand, raise it above your head, and in a fast swing hit the screen. (NOT YET! Or you won't be able to read the rest!) After that, pick up the computer with both hands and throw it to the nearest wall, following with a couple of kicks. Finally, open a window and try to make your computer fly as further as possible.

I assure you you'll never have your browser crashing again.

Alarmingly, I HAVE done this before (well, the window bit).

It failed on all three browsers I have and was working absolutely fine yesterday, but it is now fixed (I think) confused
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Forget that, it has started crashing again................ No reason whatsoever.

The issue seems to stop me playing vids using media player and realplayer too.... this is so stupid.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WoityuizE Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Man that's not good-.-' My labtop freaked out a little while ago, and had to reinstall firefox. If you're not using firefox, do it! it's the best internet browser. Well what I did was to first uninstall it, (say YES to delete everything), then find all files on the pc regarding the internet program (also all apps, which for some reason stays on the pc) and the restart the pc, always remember to do that before installing again!

Then I installed it all, found the apps on the internet again, and voilla, it worked Smile

Idk if you can use this to anything, but I figured I could just as well write it Wink Good luck
WoityuizE
WoityuizE
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : WoityuizE

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/WoityuizE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:41 pm

I have uninstalled skype and re-installed my sound card, that should fix it.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WoityuizE Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Hehe Ok Smile Have you seen the bike with your name on it?? Wink
WoityuizE
WoityuizE
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : WoityuizE

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/WoityuizE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Yes I have, I have not launched Spore yet, so not seen it properly.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrooblord Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:42 am

Vektrix wrote:Forget that, it has started crashing again................ No reason whatsoever.

The issue seems to stop me playing vids using media player and realplayer too.... this is so stupid.

Sounds like Graphic Card problems. I've had this too, except with a game. Or more acurately, the Worldbuilder of that game. It works fine one day, then ceases to work another, then works fine another day again, and then fails utterly for the rest of my computer's life. However, I managed to fix the problem, miraculously, by reinstalling the core game itself. Apparently, it ran on something that became corrupted in the game's files, not the Worldbuilder's files.

Maybe your problem lies in something similar. Something entirely different may be affecting your Flash and Shockwave. Maybe something that's got absolutely nothing to do with the two programs. Have you tried another browser? Have you tried running another browser on another OS (using VirtualBox)? Maybe try another Browser, like Chrome or Opera. If that doesn't help, you might want to try rebooting your computer. I've said this a couple of hundred times, and I'll say it a couple of hundred times more: rebooting can sometimes solve problems somehow.

Try to format your harddrive. That could solve the problem. Do a Antivirus check. Maybe use a Backup system (some computers automatically back up your PC every time something weird happens to enable you to revert your computer to the way it was when it was backed up). All kinds of stuff like that might help.

And if that doesn't work, and you really are desperate, you might want to reinstall your entire computer. This is very drastic, though.
Shrooblord
Shrooblord
Regular
Regular

Female
Spore Name : Shrooblord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down