EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Climate Changes

+9
Hutch
PirateNori
Tyranidking
bmpalmann
MilkAndCookies
LoD
SuperLoki
Arkanay
Icedmask
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Climate Changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Climate Changes

Post by LordRemington Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:50 am

Regardless of whether you believe in global warming or Climate change, I still believe in taking care of the planet. Recycling is an obvious one, but I think finding cleaner, renewable energy sources is still something we need to do. Crude oil won't last forever. Also have any of you ever seen a picture of LA from a high point, there is a dense layer of smog, so dense you can't see the hollywood sign from 5 miles away (if I remember correctly). Smog is a real issue. Solar power is they way of the future.

@Glory, one thing broham, don't google issues like this, you'll get a thousand different answers, some for and some against. But just asking, do you know why Carbon dioxide increases the temperature of the planet?
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by MjrGlory Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Well first of all I don't just google anything. The first thing I look for in an article is if it links to a source so I can confirm it's not just the opinion of the writer. It can be hard to find those though.
And yes I do know why it increases the temperature, but the amount is greatly exaggerated.
Just found this article btw (quite an interesting read, long though): http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/

And I do agree with you Reyes that we should take care of the planet instead of just exploiding it. We're poluting a lot and in many many ways. Unfortunately it's materialism and profit that drives our society and not human and environmental values. But I do hope for a better world.
MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : MjrGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:06 pm

The end of that article said pretty much what I said. Whether or not we are causing any real global issues, polluting does cause local issues. So either way, need to find greener alternatives.

Yes while we are materialistic, its really not that hard to get a solar panel and even looking from an economic stand point, getting solar panels can cut your electricity bills in half, or even bring them down to zero. Means more money to spend on materialistic things that we like Wink

We plan to move into a more permanent house in the next six or so months and one of the first things we plan to do is get solar panels
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:23 pm

I believe in Switzerland it's now standard issue to build at least one solar panel into the roof. It's not a pretty picture for the neighbors uphill but if it helps cutting down on the expenses...
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by MjrGlory Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:59 pm

I totally agree. I think self sufficiency is the first step we have to make.
MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : MjrGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2