EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss Gaming here

+48
DinoRexCM
Mysteryem
biollantefan54
Aieru
TyrannoFan
MilkAndCookies
Vago
Iridescence
MarkyDMan
Red-Indigo
Didzo
Descardion
Aletrius
NGin
Trick
flux
ArticShock
UltimateZob
Copperlou
Kevin92
Xaesheir
Pie4Pigs
Billith
Illusionary
Hutch
Icedmask
Lord_Lonestar
Skeletontail
Goober09
sjhorm
MjrGlory
die876
LoD
ProbablynotHax
Dormin
Jeff
Pikachu
Drew980
Sakiara
Shardna
world_piece
Shadow
Vereor
Andeavor
Vektrix
LordRemington
Arkanay
War
52 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Discuss Gaming here - Page 23 Empty Re: Discuss Gaming here

Post by Andeavor Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Discuss Gaming here - Page 23 DAgamercat
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:21 pm

I wish ewok would do that. Bet she's an awesome gamer.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEmilion Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Remember the hamster playing Super Mario World?

(get the video yourself, I CBA)
TheEmilion
TheEmilion

Male
Spore Name : koopakilla

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:05 pm

@Emilion: Never saw it. Looked it up and got this

Discuss Gaming here - Page 23 Hamster-Video-Game-Maze

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Urgl. Decide,hey I might as welll open minecraft for the first time in months so i can finally download 1.8 and what do you know my luck. apparently the server is down or my minecraft is screwy because i can't connect to minecraft.net, thus can;t download the patch.

Awesome.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:54 am

Pre-ordered Skyrim Collector's Edition

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/08/Skyrim-Collectors-Edition1.jpg

Cuz I'm a dork like that...
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Nothing wrong with that WP. If I could afford to pre-order the special limited edition, I would. That dragon statuette looks awesome.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:35 am

LordRemington wrote:Nothing wrong with that WP. If I could afford to pre-order the special limited edition, I would. That dragon statuette looks awesome.

I've never bought a collector's edition of any game but this one was too badass to avoid. I COULD have got the Special Edition version of Black Ops (the one that comes with the RC Car) but didn't want to give my money to Craptivision even though i could have used the car to dispense beer to buddies.

If doable, I may mount that Dragon statue to the top of my double keyboard (piano) setup.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:57 am

I've gotten the collectors edition for a few games. Halo 3 was the most notable though as it came with a full sized master chief helmet (couldn't wear it though.

the only issue with collectors editions, is that they might come with a cool statue, figurine, behind the scenes DVD, but after enjoying all the little bonuses for about a week, I get bored of them, put them away in a cupboard and basically just use the game. Basically pay an extra $30 for a days worth of mild amusement. Still, even with knowing that, I'll still probably get sucked into buying the next collector's edition of some game with a cool figurine.

Last edited by LordRemington on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:25 am; edited 2 times in total
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:01 am

Yeah, I never found collector's editions to be very remarkable. The markup is pretty steep. I doubt the manufacturing costs come remotely close to what they charge. I know the Dragon Statue is made out of PVC so one can assume it came out of a 3D printer.

Heh, I remember when Maxis was selling those Spore statues of your own creations and some were of less than stellar quality. Good times.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:25 am

Skyrim and Combat Evolved Anniversary. Definitely getting them. They are both so close I can almost taste them, because that is what I do to my discs.

Especially Halo. This years little milked product will be perfect because, it was perfect ten years ago. This remake is looking better then most remakes. Not just because its Halo, but the newer developers are doing an incredible job with it. I was extremely skeptical about the new development team but no longer. Now give us Halo 4 and milk 60 more out of me.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:10 pm

I started playing Fallout 3... Was a SPORE to install and setup to run (thank Spode for compatibility mode). I wouldn't have thought it to be so addictive, though. I couldn't put it down for a five minute break.

Interestingly enough, even though Oblivion has the same gameplay, it could never really keep me playing for more than 10, 15 minutes.

I must say, the deathclaw gauntlet is the most badass melee weapon. I've been wacking through the metro like no other. Now I only need to find the right ranged weapon because my aim is terrible at best.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:05 am

Andeavor wrote:I started playing Fallout 3... Was a SPORE to install and setup to run (thank Spode for compatibility mode). I wouldn't have thought it to be so addictive, though. I couldn't put it down for a five minute break.

Interestingly enough, even though Oblivion has the same gameplay, it could never really keep me playing for more than 10, 15 minutes.

I must say, the deathclaw gauntlet is the most badass melee weapon. I've been wacking through the metro like no other. Now I only need to find the right ranged weapon because my aim is terrible at best.

Perhaps you're more of a fan of the steampunkish/post-apocalyptic style rather than the medieval, knights, wizards and magic style?

For me it was sort of the reverse. I did play fallout alot, but I put a TON more hours into Oblivion. I can't even really put a ball park estimate on how many I spent in oblivion.

@Drew, can't wait for both of them. Really interested to see how they remake everything in halo anniversary. I might actually play both halo combat evolved and halo anniversary back to back to see the comparison.

And skyrim, well........ its skyrim. And soon to be another 200 hours of my life, gone into another elder scrolls game. It'll be worth it, I'm sure.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:34 am

LordRemington wrote:Perhaps you're more of a fan of the steampunkish/post-apocalyptic style rather than the medieval, knights, wizards and magic style?

For me it was sort of the reverse. I did play fallout alot, but I put a TON more hours into Oblivion. I can't even really put a ball park estimate on how many I spent in oblivion.
That's probably it. I was very intrigued of Bioshock and Fallout 3 has the classic radio to accompany you when questing, which it reminded me of.

Can't believe I'm nearing the last part of the main quest already. I haven't even discovered half of the map yet and I know I've left out a couple of side quests. Luckily, I have the DLC to explore as well.

Speaking of the DLC. I've got the GOTY edition, which came with all 5 expansions. Do I have to tick them all on through the main menu and how do they affect the main quest? I've read in the wiki that only one of them can be played after the main quest, or am I not understanding the concept?

And skyrim, well........ its skyrim. And soon to be another 200 hours of my life, gone into another elder scrolls game. It'll be worth it, I'm sure.
I'll probably get that one as well in the future for the graphic beauty alone.

I wonder, is it possible to beat an Elder Scrolls game as a Mage only? I might give Oblivion another try...
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:34 am

Finished the main campaign, and did a fair few of the side quests, but I'm sure there are a ton of things I still had left to do in Fall out 3. Thats what I love about Bethseda's open world games. always feels like there is more to discover

Can't really say for DLC. I only got the broken steel DLC (which I have actually yet to finish). However from what I read, Its actually only broken steel that changes anything. Don't want to ruin anything, but I'll just say that broken steel is sort of a continuation of the game that alters the normal ending of the game.

I tend to think that the other DLC would be similar to the DLC in Oblivion where, side quest-lines that aren't involved with the main quest line will pop up.

As for being a mage in oblivion. Ofcourse you can do that, I did it (and on a harder difficulty I might add). Infact I'd say if you use your spells right, being a mage is easier than being a sword and shield type in that game. Just remember to carry around a ton of restore magicka potions. Nothing worse than having a bunch of enemies coming at you, having no magicka left and not being able to do a thing about it Razz

Also putting a ton of points into maxing out magicka helps.

I would say I just had an epiphany that I am a giant nerd, but I came to that realization long ago.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:25 am

Just got Uncharted 3. Time for some epic cinematic action. Very Happy And it will keep me busy til Friday then I'll be busy for months. Laughing

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:53 am

Fallout 3 is more epic than I had imagined. I restarted the main quest with all the DLC active and unlike the first play-through, it's taken me at least four times longer to get to Rivet City since I missed Tenpenny Tower the last time, stumbled upon the Outcast camp by chance and got myself abducted.

BTW, I fricken love the Zeta mothership! awesome

It'll take me much longer to finish the main quest and some of the side quests until I can tackle New Vegas and I've read it's even more epic than F3. Shocked
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Good that you had fun with Fallout Andy. Not surprising though. I'd argue The fallout and Elder scrolls series are two of the most enthralling series I've played.

Speaking of Elder scrolls. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Skyrim came out here in Australia today and apparently my brother pre-ordered it. Unfortunately I am still stuck in study mode for my final exams, but now while I study I have to hear monster slaying I wish I was doing in the next room Sad
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:20 am

I got the game. Now to take my quest in the land of Skyrim. Very Happy

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:51 pm

Couldn't help myself. I studied all day. Got to 8pm and thought I might as well give myself a break and play skyrim.

Just from playing the two hours I did, I can already tell I will eventually be putting hundreds of hours into that game.

I haven't played my xbox 360 in 6 months and I'd lost most of my passion for videogames, but I think skyrim may bring me back into it. Very Happy
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:10 pm

I just saw that Saints Row III is out now on Steam and they already sell DLC for it... shouldn't that content be in the game already? It feels like such a rip-off having to dish out another 36% of the main game price. I know it's meant as a down payment but still. They make a fuss on releasing a game and then make you pay extra for content they have already announced on the games launch... which is probably close to release anyway.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:24 am

Today, I received Skyward Sword in the mail. I wish I had per-ordered it to get the golden Wii remote but at least I still got the 25th anniversary soundtrack.

I've played for about an hour now but can't really comprehend the hullabaloo created around this game. The controls may be better mapped out compared to Twilight Princess but it looks and feels more like a predecesseor/GameCube game.

I haven't gotten to any sword-wielding part yet but I'm working on using the remote with my right hand. I remember having had problems when playing TW on the Wii, however great the game is, I still haven't forgiven Miyamoto for switching Link's sword hand for good, though. Mad

One last remark; Zelda's hair is too yellow! And has Link's hair always been light brown or is that a shade of dirty blond...? Gosh, I'm so out of the loop...
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:32 am

Been playing Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 for the past few days, slightly disappointed.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:30 am

Picked up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Mothertucking hard. I typically play on 'Normal' difficulty and it's the equivalent to 'Very Hard' on older Street Fighters. Freaking computer is flawless in combos. Unbelievable...
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:39 am

Now I picked up Arkham City and Catherine for dirt cheap. No intention on playing either atm, though.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:32 am

I've been trying top beat the first boss of Skyward Sword but the $#@! SOB wont let me hit him. On top of that, my hands hurt like hell. At this rate, I'm gonna get carpal tunnel syndrome before I finish the game.

I think I'm too old to learn a whole new dimension of video game control...
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next