EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG ideas

4 posters

Go down

RPG ideas Empty RPG ideas

Post by Arkanay Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:52 am

Rebecca going to the Eurogamer Expo 2010 gave me the idea to make this topic.

This topic is just to speculate, imagine, share and hopefully get some inspiration as well.

How would the Roleplaying Game of your dreams be?

I remember when I was younger, like, 5 to 10 years ago, I used to think that I would really like a roleplaying game set in a pirate type universe. (Pirates of the Caribean style, only without the supernatural bit). You could do pretty much anything, join pirate crews, be a robber, explore islands, trade, swim, join the local army, have your own house, etc. The character would be seen third person view and a very open atmosphere.

With the years passing, I kind of dropped that idea, although I still think it could be interesting.
A Roleplaying Game I would really like would be something set in the future, something similar to the Starcraft Universe, for instance, only RPG instead. Perhaps online even. There could be space exploring, aliens to battle, tradings to do, etc. From what I've heard Star Trek Online approaches this theme rather well but I haven't gotten around to see that much of it yet.

My Avatar also made me wonder about how a RPG set around times of the black plague (VanHelsing/Solomon Kane type thing?) could be... interesting. Like dark forests to explore, wolves, armies at war with swords and revolvers, ride horses, castles, villages, all set in eastern Europe. Maybe even throw some fiction with werewolves, vampires, etc. Perhaps if it was online could be even better, with forming up clans, for instance.

These are just ideas that cross my mind and I like sharing.

What about you? Got any ideas for your perfect RPG?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

RPG ideas Empty Re: RPG ideas

Post by Andeavor Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:17 am

Space Pirate Universe

Basically, merge the pirate RPG with a Star Trek twist adding steampunk-ish space galleons and epic sword and gun fights on exotic planets.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:24 am

That sounds quite cool, Andeavor. Shocked
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:43 am

My idea is little monsters in balls that you carry around and you can make them come out of the ball and fight other monsters. Smile You can also go to theses special places and fight people who have a certain type of these little monsters in balls.

Serious idea nao....A abstractish universe would be so cool. I've had this idea in my head for awhile..... I just can't express it in words or pictures. D:

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:14 am

That thing with little monsters in balls sounds funny Smile Maybe some of them are wild and then you walk around and a random monster appears and you can capture it to use it as your own Smile

A cool RPG could also be set inside a computer Razz
There would be trojans, anti-virus, normal folders, even cockroaches that got into the computer Laughing

Map of the game
RPG ideas _nologo_6133

Then maybe you could step into a portal and appear in the Internet dimension, where you'd have to dodge waves of spam Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:16 am

good idea Ark, Should we call it Pokymon? Smile

LoD
EuroSpore 1957