EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep walking

+4
bmpalmann
Andeavor
Arkanay
LordRemington
8 posters

Go down

Sleep walking Empty Sleep walking

Post by LordRemington Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:16 am

This thought recent came into my thought as I recently did something I haven't done in years. I slept walked. I went to sleep in my bed, but when I woke up I was sitting in the living room on one of the arm chairs.

When I was younger I slept walk with more frequency. Most times it would simply be me going from either the living room to my bed room, or vice versa, but on the off occasion I did make something to eat (like a sandwich) and even once went down to the car, got in a sleep in the drivers seat (was a weird one for me).

I also used to talk alot in my sleep. Most of it was incoherent dribble from what I've been told, but apparently I could be quite loud with the sleep talking. A recurring character who would come up in my sleep talking is someone called "Mr. Panda".... Haven't got a clue who Mr. Panda is.

A good portion of people will sleep walk at least once in their lives, so my question is, have you ever slept walked or do you still sleep walk? If so what do/did you do when you sleep walk?

And have you ever had odd experiences with people you know, like friends or family who sleep walk?
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Sleep walking Empty Re: Sleep walking

Post by Arkanay Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:41 am

Although I do not think I ever Slept Walked, I used to Sleep Spin - In other words, wake up turned upside down on the bed. scratch
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:09 am

I don't recall having sleep walked either but, like Ark, when I was younger I sometimes found myself lying in the opposite direction in bed the next morning.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:37 am

I've never sleep walked myself, but i have studied it fairly recently in psychology.
And in the news today the findings of a piece of research suggests that there might be a genetic cause for sleepwalking, after a longitudinal study carried out over 4 generations showed that there was a hereditary factor caused by genes which gave a 50/50 chance of becoming a sleep walker.
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by MilkAndCookies Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:22 am

I sleep walk, sleep talk and sleep spin on the regular basis. Truth is, I tend to wake up in weird poses that are impossible to find a relaxed person in. Like I am awake but.....sleeping and stuff.

Though, I remember a story when I was younger I slept in my aunt´s house. She claims to have saw me walking to the kitchen, saying that I have to go to the bathroom but not leaving, and returning back to bed. I never remembered that, neither I think I did that- but it would be really weird If I did sleep walked indeed.

I am not sure if I still sleep walk, because I like to keep my room locked at night and I believe nobody could witness that. Heh.
MilkAndCookies
MilkAndCookies
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : -

Back to top Go down

Post by ArticShock Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:00 am

The last time that I sleep walked was about 2 years ago. One night at midnight I walked into my parents room and asked if I could go outside to play with the chainsaw! Shocked Luckily I asked before I went outside. Razz
ArticShock
ArticShock
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : ArticShock

Back to top Go down

Post by die876 Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:38 pm

i've never sleep walked Sad i have talked in my sleep though, dont now but i throw myself alot in my sleep, sometimes i wake up on the floor
die876
die876
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : die876

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:06 am

die876 wrote:i've never sleep walked Sad i have talked in my sleep though, dont now but i throw myself alot in my sleep, sometimes i wake up on the floor

Why sad face? Razz. really its nothing great. You don't remember what happened, and for some people sleep walking can be a real problem. Some sleep walking conditions are very disruptive to peoples lives, like people who sleep eat or people who...try to do more adult things in their sleep
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:10 am

LordRemington wrote: people who...try to do more adult things in their sleep

Pay their bills?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:11 am

Arkanay wrote:
LordRemington wrote: people who...try to do more adult things in their sleep

Pay their bills?

exactly. You shouldn't pay bills in your sleep. You might overlook charges that were incorrectly assessed Razz
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vereor Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Never slept walked. Ive slept talked before. It scared the SPORE out of my mum and her partner at the time apparently.

Ive also cried in my sleep but thats mainly because of the dreams I have... Sometimes there just that sad...
Vereor
Vereor
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : JAkster666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down