EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsessions, compulsions and habits

+9
TyrannoFan
sjhorm
Arkanay
Aletrius
Vektrix
Andeavor
Red-Indigo
Trick
LordRemington
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Obsessions, compulsions and habits - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsessions, compulsions and habits

Post by LordRemington Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:41 am

Arkanay wrote:I do the same thing with the leg over, although it doesn't happen that often and I usually stop before it bothers someone. Razz

Hmm... I like popping bubble-wrap, if that counts.

Find me a person who doesn't enjoy popping bubble wrap.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Obsessions, compulsions and habits - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsessions, compulsions and habits

Post by Arkanay Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:54 am

LordRemington wrote:

My dad. Unless he lies.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:02 am

Arkanay wrote:
LordRemington wrote:

My dad. Unless he lies.

I'm sorry to say, but he must be lying. The bubble wrap is irresistible.

I suppose another of mine is that when I drive my car, I have a habit of turning off and on the air conditioning. I can never decide whether its too hot or too cold in the car so I always switch between it being of an on.

Oh yeah and I have this really weird habit of signaling when I plan to merge into another lane. A habit, that at least here seems to be extremely rare none
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:07 am

I have a bad habit of visiting forums until way too late in the night...
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Damnagoras

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Psychiatry: Expensive.
Bubble Wrap: Cheap.

YOU CHOOSE!

My knee is bouncing right now.

Wow Damnagoras, same here for me too.... Embarassed

Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:52 am

I occasionally bounce my knee, but I'm normally very aware of it. Not something I do without noticing.

I do though have a habit of crossing and uncrossing my legs repeatedly while sitting down. Escpecially when I have to focus on something.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Double posting. Shame on me Embarassed

I only realized today as I was taking Butters aka Butterbean aka The Buttinator to the park for a walk.

The park is pretty far away so I drove him there. I parked got out of the car, locked the car and then I got about 10 feet away and had an extreme urge to go back and check that I had put the hand brake on. So I walked back and peered into the window to see, yes infact I had.

I didn't know why, but I felt compelled to check and then I realize, I do this all the time. Pretty much every time I get out of the car I walk maybe 20 feet away and then get worried I didn't leave the handbrake on.

Its unusual because I have never to my recollection left the handbrake off and yet, every time I check. Also last week I was in the middle of my day at uni. I had to walk past the uni parking lot to get to the building where my lecture was at. I saw my car from a distance and got really worried because the parking space I was in wet downhill, so I was worried somehow I forgot to put the handbrake on and it would roll back and smash into another car even though my car had been sitting there for hours without it moving.

I was almost compelled to go check, but it was just a bit too far away for me to justify walking over when I knew full well I was just being paranoid.

Chances are, the one time I won't check, will be the time I forget to put the handbrake on.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:52 pm

That happens to me too, Remi. Shocked

That's why when I park, I go through all things:
- Lights turned off.
- Handbreak on.
- If it's downhill, gear on reverse, if it's uphill, gear on first.
- Windows closed.
- Car locked.

Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Arkanay wrote:That happens to me too, Remi. Shocked

- Lights turned off.
- Handbreak on.
- Windows closed.
- Car locked.

Razz

I'm not patient enough to be that thorough with my car checks though Razz Luckily for me, my car makes a loud beeping noise if you open the door and the headlights are still on.

And I leave my car unlocked all the time, a lot of people do here. I'm more worried I'll forget to put on the handbrake and it will careen into a tree than someone trying to steal my car Razz
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:41 am

LordRemington wrote:
Arkanay wrote:That happens to me too, Remi. Shocked

- Lights turned off.
- Handbreak on.
- Windows closed.
- Car locked.

Razz

I'm not patient enough to be that thorough with my car checks though Razz Luckily for me, my car makes a loud beeping noise if you open the door and the headlights are still on.

And I leave my car unlocked all the time, a lot of people do here. I'm more worried I'll forget to put on the handbrake and it will careen into a tree than someone trying to steal my car Razz

And there goes your car radio and anything else of value in the car.
Didzo
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:04 am

Didzo wrote:
And there goes your car radio and anything else of value in the car.

Nothing valuable in my car and the radio is worthless Razz

The main two places I ever park my car is at home or at uni. At home, there is little to no crime here, so no one locks their cars or houses. At uni, same thing, no crime and the bonus is that there are a ton of very expensive cars any thieves would look at way before they turned their gaze to my corolla.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:19 am

I don't doubt it, Remi, but, from where I see things, it would be better to be safe than sorry.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:08 pm

I don't have anything of particular value in my car either, maybe a few coins for parking/shopping carts. Also, having a convertible kind of eliminates the necessity of locking your car, and I doubt anyone who looks at my New Beetle goes "Ohhh, I must steal that car..."
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:48 pm

You never know in the mad world we live in, Andy.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:41 am

Arkanay wrote:I don't doubt it, Remi, but, from where I see things, it would be better to be safe than sorry.

Yar I know Razz but again, crime here is very very low. I lock my car when I go to the inner city or a place I never been before.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:52 am

Chop shops favor cheap common cars over expensive cars. Easier to sell off parts quick, and harder to track down.
Didzo
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2