EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest Game characters of All Time

+8
Red-Indigo
Vektrix
Aletrius
Trick
Vereor
Descardion
Arkanay
LordRemington
12 posters

Go down

Greatest Game characters of All Time Empty Greatest Game characters of All Time

Post by LordRemington Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:33 pm

Who are your greatest game characters of all time? They can be from any game and they don't have to be main characters and can be either a good guy, bad guy or maybe someone in between, but who are your favourite game characters and why? Is it their personality, their style or just that you identify with them?

For myself:

Professor Wormwinkle -Worms 4: Mayhem

Spoiler:

I identify with Professor Wormwinkle. Cowardly, clumsy and has a time machine. Thats all me.

Agent 47 - Hitman series

Spoiler:

In terms of assassins, you don't get any cooler than Agent 47. He's cold and calculated, but cool at the same time. While most times he acts like a machine, he occasionally shows a more human side, which I found interesting in the games.

Gon - Tekken

Spoiler:

I hardly think I need to explain why I think a two foot tall fighting Yoshi like lizard is awesome.

Nightmare - Soul Calibur series

Spoiler:

"Tremble in my darkness"....... I do tremble in his darkness. I just think he's the coolest villain of any series I've played. Nearly indestructible, 100% evil and technically just a physical manifestation of a sword. He just looks awesome really.

So who are some of your favorites?

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Greatest Game characters of All Time Empty Re: Greatest Game characters of All Time

Post by Arkanay Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Tosh - from Starcraft II

Spoiler:

Besides liking his future-Jamaican looks, I also like the role he plays in the game. He´s a cool, intelligent killing machine.

---

Durandal - From the Marathon Series

Spoiler:

An Artificial Intelligence that has gone rampant and, although he initially attempts to become immortal by escaping the closure of the Universe, he later understands that such choice is not the best for him. Nonetheless, he´s an extremelly appealing, interesting character, through the way he interacts with the player and deals with everything else, including himself.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Greatest Game characters of All Time Empty Re: Greatest Game characters of All Time

Post by Descardion Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:31 am

I'll list more later, but my favorite....

Samus, from the Metroid series.

...Before Other M, when she was the biggest badass in gaming, period.
Descardion
Descardion
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Impious_Iron
Location : "'Welcome to my parlor' said the Spider to the Fly..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vereor Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:34 am

Captain Gabriel Angelos from the original DoW. Yep you heard me. He is the absolute peak of badassery.

That said, anything to do with Warhammer is the absolute peak of badassery... Hmm...
Vereor
Vereor
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : JAkster666

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:43 am

Vereor wrote:
That said, anything to do with Warhammer is the absolute peak of badassery... Hmm...

I was just about to say that. All space marines are simply the top of awesomeness.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:47 am

Jazz.

Greatest Game characters of All Time Jack_jackrabbit

Ezio Auditore.

Greatest Game characters of All Time Assassinscreed2_2
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:23 am

Reaver from Fable II.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:28 am

Nathan Hale - Resistance Series

Spoiler:

Can't think of specifically any others. I don't tend to play games that focus on just one character.

Mind you, I can list a load of footballers who appear in various footy games, so...
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:33 am

Khan from Metro 2033.

Greatest Game characters of All Time Z

A mysterious, wise, spiritual old man, skilled in many different things. This guy is definitely one of the characters that touched me the most throughout my gaming time.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:53 pm

I don't tend to play games that are very 'serious' or popular but there are three characters I do love.

As mentioned previously; Gon. Yep, he is awesome and right from unlocking him became a firm favourite. I also really enjoyed playing as 'Roger' who was either a Boxing Kangaroo or a kicking velociraptor with boxing gloves, (depending on what button you pressed when you chose him) how much more awesome do you need to get?

Okami: or more specificly Ammy. I like this game for its storyline and all that and playing as a wolf with magical/divine powers is fun. I love the way they gave the character so many angles without it ever saying anything. I could also site a few other characters from this game, including villains as they are all quite interesting.

Abe: From abe's oddysey. You have to love abe, with all his farting, whistling, giggling and generally sick sense of humor when somthing goes squish or boom.

I could go on to list foes and creatures from a few other games, but they can't all be the greatest!
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Shardna Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:40 am

I have truckloads of fave game characters.

1.Spyro (Classic) The purple dragon has always been my fave character ever since I played Gateway to Glimmer. He has lot's of odd looking baddies just wanting to kill him. The newer forms of Spyro cannot beat the good ol' oldschool one!

2. Ratchet the Lombax: An alien cat-like thing whose a mechanic and a galactic hero! Ratchet would have to be my fave cause he's really funny. It's cute he uses Clank a small robot who ran away from a robot facility as a backpack. The first game I ever played with that character was Ratchet and Clank.

3: Amatarasu: Or Ammy for short. This character is from the game Okami which is based on Japanies stories. I love all the characters and the artwork. It is such a brilliant game. There is one part in it where you go to an old shipwreck, never knowing what might give you a fright that some players might find scary. If you hadn't played it before I reccomend you try it!
Shardna
Shardna
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Female
Spore Name : Shardna

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:45 am

Shardna wrote:I have truckloads of fave game characters.

1.Spyro (Classic) The purple dragon has always been my fave character ever since I played Gateway to Glimmer. He has lot's of odd looking baddies just wanting to kill him. The newer forms of Spyro cannot beat the good ol' oldschool one!

2. Ratchet the Lombax: An alien cat-like thing whose a mechanic and a galactic hero! Ratchet would have to be my fave cause he's really funny. It's cute he uses Clank a small robot who ran away from a robot facility as a backpack. The first game I ever played with that character was Ratchet and Clank.

3: Amatarasu: Or Ammy for short. This character is from the game Okami which is based on Japanies stories. I love all the characters and the artwork. It is such a brilliant game. There is one part in it where you go to an old shipwreck, never knowing what might give you a fright that some players might find scary. If you hadn't played it before I reccomend you try it!

Spyro! Can't believe I forgot him, haha I used to play that game loads, although I prefer the environments on the newer game. Ratchet and clank is awesome, I really like Ratchet as a character too. Obviously, I couldn't agree more on what you ahve said about Okami, it's one of a kind.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PlasmaManiac Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Alright

Sonic The Hedgehog- Who can't love him. Especially in Spuer Smash Bros. Brawl. He was so cheap Mr Green

Master Chief- Biggest badass in the history of shooters. Nuff said
PlasmaManiac
PlasmaManiac

Male
Spore Name : PlasmaManiac

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Greatest Game characters of All Time Legionstanding

He makes you look incompetent
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:26 pm

PlasmaManiac wrote:
Master Chief- Biggest badass in the history of shooters. Nuff said

I'm afraid the biggest badass in the history of shooters is not Master Chief. It is...

...Time To Kick Ass And Chew Bubble Gum...

Greatest Game characters of All Time Duke_Nukem_Forever

And I'm All Outta Gum...

But hey, it's people's opinions, so don't take it too seriously. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Lol duke nukem. First time I played that I must have been 8 or 9. I found it hilarious that you went to the bathroom to gain life. 'Such an odd game' I thought. Now I'm older, I get the humor behind it all!
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:34 am

The Milkman. Smile

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:51 pm

I'd have to agree with you their Ark. Masterchief was cool, but no one is manlier than Duke.

Forgot other favourites of mine

Starkiller

Greatest Game characters of All Time 687852-starkiller_of_soul_caliber_4_1_super

Stronger than Darth Vader, Stronger than Obi Wan, Stronger than Luke Skywalker and has the ability to bring down a star destroyer. Don't need to say anymore.

Alex Mercer

Greatest Game characters of All Time 1294466-alex_mercer_super

Had the ability to run up buildings, jump like the hulk, turn his arms into whips, hammers and giant blades. Not a bad guy, but certainly not a good guy. And he has a nice jacket.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by PlasmaManiac Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:49 am

LordRemington wrote:

Alex Mercer

Greatest Game characters of All Time 1294466-alex_mercer_super

Had the ability to run up buildings, jump like the hulk, turn his arms into whips, hammers and giant blades. Not a bad guy, but certainly not a good guy. And he has a nice jacket.

Alex Mercer was one serious boss.
PlasmaManiac
PlasmaManiac

Male
Spore Name : PlasmaManiac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down