EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When celebrities tick you off...

+11
Drew980
Aletrius
PlasmaManiac
world_piece
Andeavor
SuperLoki
Trick
sjhorm
Vektrix
LordRemington
Arkanay
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

When celebrities tick you off... - Page 2 Empty Re: When celebrities tick you off...

Post by world_piece Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:23 am

I don't really care for most celebrities but it's the people and the media that make it so much worse.

The whole Rebecca Black thing was one of those 'I hate the internet' moments. The story behind that is the Record Label that produces those videos gets paid by the parents of these kids. I think it's something around $200k and everything from the lyrics, to the crew and the extras are all supplied. It's just a really really expensive gift from parents to child. Why it spread like a cancer is beyond me.

Charlie Sheen is obviously effed in the head but seeing people running around shouting 'Tiger Blood' and 'Winning' make me want to beat them over the head with a Jackhammer.

Justin Bieber is one of those talentless flukes who just got lucky thanks to the internet.

Lady Gaga has zero talent. Her team of stylists are what made her famous. She, herself, offers nothing original to the music industry. Without her clothes, she looks like an chunky skeleton.

Celebrity obsession is worse than ever thanks to social media. It really makes me wonder where we are headed.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

When celebrities tick you off... - Page 2 Empty Re: When celebrities tick you off...

Post by PlasmaManiac Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Vektrix wrote:
- Justin Bieber -

For not being able to sing. For being a big-headed egotist.

I'm with you on that one. And it's annoying that if you have hair like his(that would be me >.<) everyone says oh it's biebs and what not.

Also adding to not being able to sing, for being a horrible actor in all the TV he has been asked to take part in. Mad
PlasmaManiac
PlasmaManiac

Male
Spore Name : PlasmaManiac

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:05 am

Here's another one, Pitbull. I can never understand a word he's saying and frankly, I don't see the appeal for his "club rap" or whatever he does and he's always teaming up with an actual singer, which pretty much says he's not any good on his own. none
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:12 am

Must say, time for some celebs I actually like and things that have diminsihed my respect for them.

- Michael McIntyre -

An amazingly funny comedian, why does he need to demean himself by becoming a judge on Britain's Got Talent?

- Beyonce -

She can sing and dance, but married Jay-Z. Not only do I not like Jay-Z that much, it means she is no longer available for me Sad

- Steven Spielberg -

Has made probably 3-4 of my fave films ever... he also made E.T. BIG MISTAKE in my eyes.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:15 am

Vektrix wrote:
- Steven Spielberg -

Has made probably 3-4 of my fave films ever... he also made E.T. BIG MISTAKE in my eyes.

Lol, I used to be scared of E.T. when I was younger.

Well, not saying E.T. is a bad movie, but sometimes one has to make less good things in order to make better things. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:25 am

Spielberg was great until the late 1990s when he decided to become a generic Hollywood director. What I liked about him was that he was an adventurous kid at heart and was never afraid to bring that into his films. E.T., for example, is a very defining 80's movie. It did scare the bejeezus out of me when I first watched it but it was the first time an alien was displayed as nice and benevolent, something that hadn't been done in film before - except Close Encounters, but they still abducted humans prior to making contact.

Vek, why do you feel E.T. was a big mistake?

Oh, and I will never EVER forgive him for ruining Transformers for me.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:26 am

I hate the Celebrity Culture in general; I view it as a poison to society. But that's just me.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:46 am

E.T. bored the hell out of me. It failed to hold my interest and I could not relate to any of the characters.

I agree, Tom, Celebrity culture is poisonous, but only because some people become celebrities because they are celebrities, not because because they can you make you laugh, or impress with their talent. Case in point, most Comedians are celebrities, but do not fall into celebrity culture, mainly because a lot of them make fun of it, but models have no talent other being pretty - which let's face it is not a talent, just a fluke of nature or cold hard plastic surgery.

Good singers, actors, comedians, dancers etc deserve recognition, and warrant at least a few column inches IF their behaviour is relevant. I do not care what any celebrity gets up to in their personal life unless it is something that effects their ability or an endorsement (or is really serious like a major crime).

I do not care if Jennifer Aniston is unlucky in love, or that Tiger Woods was a womaniser. If this effects their performance as an actress or golfer, tough, but it is not important to me, and should not be important to anyone other than family and friends of the celebrity in question.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aletrius Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:49 am

I'd happily hang the Katie Prices of this world - they offer nothing to society. The Celebrity Culture has become so poisonous that we are now starting to get children whose only dream is to be a celebrity.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:55 am

Unfortunately, Vektrix, the need-to-know-what-is-not-needed-to-know takes over many people and this ends up causing a lot of money being (and time) poured in into things that do not matter, like celebrity X just bought a new pair of socks.

But the thing is, for the majority of us here in EuroSpore, the "gossips" do not mean much. But for the people that pay attention to those aspects, it feels good for them, it's like they are being entertained with something we dislike. Maybe they also dislike something we enjoy, and Gaming is a good bet. Razz

To sum it up, while I think it's a little silly to concern about those things I consider pointless, I understand they can pass a good sentiment to others. Unfortunately, a lot of celebrities are famous while they have no talent whatsoever and we cannot do much to control that. It's just the way the world rolls. And like it was said here, it can "poison" society, by sharing beliefs and ideas which are usually far from the best.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:45 am

Celebrities do not bother me, ignore almost all forms of TV and Hollywood media. In a movie, I could care less about the people who play the roles, its a matter if they do good or not.

The only people who have ever truly bothered me is the people on the Fox news channel. Just because.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:02 am

Just wondering, am I the only person who doesn't like Russel Brand?

When celebrities tick you off... - Page 2 Russell-brand824

My friends all really like him, but I just find him irritating. He has been okay in some movies, but overall I just find him annoying.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:41 am

LordRemington wrote:Just wondering, am I the only person who doesn't like Russel Brand?

When celebrities tick you off... - Page 2 Russell-brand824

My friends all really like him, but I just find him irritating. He has been okay in some movies, but overall I just find him annoying.

Russel Brand is an example of a person I can take or leave. I REALLY want to hate him, but I struggle to. I've seen some of his comedy, and in his stand-up he makes jokes about himself and shows a general awareness of both his lunacy and humility. Only when he and Jonathan Ross made that silyl phone call did I even begin to harbour feelings of hate.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalStarTech Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:31 am

ok my point of view on anoying Clebs
Ricky Gavais well all he has to do is show up or be menioned I flick and any cleb who telivises there perstonal life on Reality TV unless there Ozzy Osborne
translation y Reality TV Sucks and any member of the Royals and Lady GaGa wether it be man or woman and over zelous super models Boy bands and Madona and Emenem
Russal Brand well anyone say loud mouth Sex maniac and Manwell basher bad taste in hair women and dress sence
That is my point of view

MetalStarTech
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:01 am

I agree with you MST about reality TV celebs. The Jersey Shore..... worse show ever created and "The situation" easily the biggest moron I've ever seen, but they are all roughly the same stupidity on that show. Together their collective brainpower is probably that of an amoeba.

Last edited by LordRemington on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:06 am

^ I agree with the information above.

I'm not a fan of MTV. Most of its shows are beyond stupidity.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalStarTech Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Well Ark Rem thats one reason not to buy this years Wrestlemania

and any related Katie Price Shows should be canceld and the negatives blowen up in a Braniac carovan or Mythbusters could do a plastic surgery special and blow all 3 up along with the remainds of Michael Jackson

all though i got a sick thought for u what would it be like if MJ and Katie Price had had a kid?

MetalStarTech
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:06 pm

MetalStarTech wrote:all though i got a sick thought for u what would it be like if MJ and Katie Price had had a kid?

*Has a massive coronary and his brain explodes*
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalStarTech Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Vek did u pack the TNT couse i think MythBusters has mistaken MJ and Katies kid for one of there dummys Laughing

MetalStarTech
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 am

I've been watching The Apprentice and The Celebrity Apprentice these last days and I have to say that Donald Trump can get on my nerves very easily.

I don't even know where to start. His way off-key judgment, his uncalled for comments, his two kids sitting next to him like two brown-noses... Rolling Eyes

Yeah, he poops money, but that doesn't mean he can act as he pleases. :/ Actually, it can. That's how sad this world can be at times.

Oh well. Rant off now.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:58 am

Let me think....
Lady Gaga - self explanatory
Justin Beiber - Who doesn't hate him?
Rupert Murdoch - too powerful for an overly right wing egoist
Piers Morgan - name one thing he's done that's been of benefit to anyone who isn't Piers Morgan? Razz
George Osbourne - dim-witted slime-ball is an accurate description
Ricky Gervais - explain to me how he's remotely funny? Razz
Simon Cowell - for all of the trash that he creates which takes over the music industry and prevents real talent from flourishing Razz
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 pm

- Ryan Giggs -

For playing for Manchester United and NOT Liverpool (we've needed a Left Winger for years now). For picking Wales over England (we've needed a Left Winger for years now). Ok, an admission, I never hated Giggs until recently, he is one of only three Man Utd players of the past 20 years that I liked (Beckham and Schmeichel are the other two), however, SUPERINJUNCTION. The idiot made the mistake of taking one out, had an affair with his sister-in-law for EIGHT years. World Class Footballer and World Class idiot.

- Fabio Capello -

For ruining England's chances of success. For re-instating John Terry as captain.

- Micky Flanagan -

For not being funny as either a stand-up comic or panellist on panel shows.

- Bear Grylls -

For faking (at least) one of his shows a few years ago (he stayed in a hotel instead of in the wilderness as he claimed). I just don't like him, and have no other reasons why - he just annoys the hell out of me.

Ben, glad you agree with me on Gervais. Stephen Merchant on the other hand is quite funny.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:28 am

Agreed Stephen Merchant is actually quite funny, yet he has to walk in the shadow of Gervais Razz
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:06 am

I'm more like Drew; I don't pay much attention to celebrities and hardly ever hear them or anything about them as I only rarely come in contact with it. I hardly watch TV anymore, only a few series that I watch occasionally; and radio... no thanks.

I don't think much about who the actors in movies are either, I only think about their characters and I'm more concerned with the actual movie. Pretty much the same goes for bands - I love Equilibrium's music, but I don't know the names of the members of the band. I only know that they got a new singer and drummer at some point in spring last year and that the bassist is a girl.

So I'm not very concerned with specific people and as such I don't feel any hate or resentment toward any specific celebrity. But I do hate the pop music culture as a whole, for all the reasons there are. It's probably redundant to list them. Gaga, Bieber and whatever, they're just names to me and I couldn't care less about them specifically.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Damnagoras

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:43 am

Arkanay wrote:I've been watching The Apprentice and The Celebrity Apprentice these last days and I have to say that Donald Trump can get on my nerves very easily.

I don't even know where to start. His way off-key judgment, his uncalled for comments, his two kids sitting next to him like two brown-noses... Rolling Eyes

Yeah, he poops money, but that doesn't mean he can act as he pleases. :/ Actually, it can. That's how sad this world can be at times.

Oh well. Rant off now.

Donald Trump is just annoying all around. I think if it were legal, he'd marry a cardboard cut out of himself. He is possibly the most self absorbed person on the planet.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next