EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WipeOut (HD) (Fury)

+2
MarkyDMan
Vektrix
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WipeOut (HD) (Fury) Empty WipeOut (HD) (Fury)

Post by Vektrix Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Discuss WipeOut Fury HD here, or any of the previous WipeOut games.

I know this will probably be me and Marky to start with, but hey, gotta start somewhere.

Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

WipeOut (HD) (Fury) Empty Re: WipeOut (HD) (Fury)

Post by MarkyDMan Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:28 pm

The teams:

Pirahna
Fury
WipeOut (HD) (Fury) Fury1

HD
WipeOut (HD) (Fury) 2893756982_db6518cce5

Triakis
Fury
WipeOut (HD) (Fury) WipEout_HD_Fury___Triakis_by_Etch06

HD
WipeOut (HD) (Fury) Triakis

AG-Systems
Fury
WipeOut (HD) (Fury) AGSystemsProfileShot

HD
WipeOut (HD) (Fury) AGSystems___WipEout_HD___PS3_by_nocomplys

Feisar
Fury
WipeOut (HD) (Fury) Feisar___WipEout_FURY___PS3_by_nocomplys[img][/img]

HD
WipeOut (HD) (Fury) Feisar___WipEout_HD___PS3_by_nocomplys

[MORE TEAMS COMING SOON]
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Track Info Coming Soon.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Looks like a cool game. Reminds me of another racing game, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Unfortunately though, I do not own a ps3 Sad
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:57 pm

It is an excellent game.

Favourite Team: Assegai
Favourite Track: Anulpha Pass (forward)
Favourite Pickup: Quake
Favourite Mode: Eliminator
Favourite Speed: Rapier
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:07 am

Favourite Team: Quirex, Piranha or Triakis. I can't choose D:
Favourite Track: Metropia (forward)
Favourite Pickup: Rockets
Favourite Mode: Eliminator
Favourite Speed: Phantom, but Flash for eliminators

Favourite song from soundtrack: Machine Gun by Noisia or Tokyo by Stanton Warriors

Favourite non-soundtrack song used ingame: The Island part I by Pendulum
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:17 am

Triakis is my second fave, I have maxed out loyalty on Assegai Surprised

Metropia is also an awesome track, in my top three with Anulpha Pass and Moa Therma. I just can't cope with Sebenco Climb in any direction scratch. I used Mirage for the first time today as a ship, and boy are they ugly Laughing

Yeah, Rockets are cool, and require a bit of timing, but there is nothing like destroying a competitor with the Pulse Smile That requires strategic thinking and precision driving.

I am so used to Flash and Rapier speeds that Phantom scares me, Eliminator at Rapier speed is excellent, if you set the max score at 600 you can do almost 50 laps of competition, though I usually do around 20-25 before the match is over. I like doing it from the front, letting my opponents hurt each other, whilst I drop mines and Bombs and occasionally turn round, wait for them to catch up and then unleash a Quake Laughing

I've not really done any online play, but have played split screen with MST and my neighbour, and pwned them epicly. My neighbour had Wipeout before I did and I don't think he has got to grips with the nuances of the game. I don't mean using weapons, I mean driving skills. He doesn't use the airbrakes for a start, which is a must if you wanna do well, and he is scared to take his finger of the x button Laughing There are just some corners that require you to slow down, especially if you are scared of airbrakes.

I use my own soundtrack btw.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:46 am

I use mostly my own soundtrack, but even then it's not much of a genre change Laughing

I always use airbrakes, and I think I'm decent at driving seeming as I first played WipEout 3 on PS1 when I was 6.........I learnt quickly that on sharp corners you just CAN'T drive without airbrakes. I rarely release the accelerator, but I occasionally use both airbrakes at the same time, and I find side-shifting useful in eliminator when dodging rockets or plasma rounds.

You and me have VERY different eliminator tactics ^^ I prefer being in the middle of the field, where I can either bomb those at the back or fire ordnance at those at the front. If I get a quake, I tend to drop back, wait for the field to complete the lap, then turn around and blast all of them. It gives you more points, as you can effectively hit more ships bearing in mind the quake and the ships are moving towards each other at speed, instead of the quake having to catch the ships up. I'm almost never at the front of the pack, as I know it means I can be shot to pieces while only delivering a couple of hits with mines and bombs.

When I occasionally play Eliminator on Venom, I tend to take about 10-15 laps to reach 600 points. I CAN do it in less on Moa Therma, but it's a push
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:51 am

http://www.wipeout-game.com/html/ship/Main

YES. There is the ship editor for Pulse, you can use it, but you can't use the ships in HD. Still, it's pretty fun to try out even though you can't use them unless you have WipEout Pulse on PSP
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:23 am

If you get far enough ahead, you are too far ahead to reach with any of the weapons, even if second uses a Quake on you. Especially, as I do, I hit EVERY speed pad I can. Each track also has at least one place you can put mines or a bomb and those following have no choice but to hit them. If I get quake, I get to the finishing line, turn round and wait for the pack to come near me - BOOM!

I sometimes play in the middle of the field too, I get VERY picky with my weapons then, I press O to have shields a lot in that situation and am very careful on using them. However, I think it depends on the track too, not all the tracks am I good at leading, like Sebenco, so when I play eliminator on that one, I tend to have no choice but battle from the middle (as all the opponents tend to turn round a lot, otherwise I'd be way back).

However, with my tactics, Anulpha Pass (forward) is really easy to beat, since there are two hard and fast places to lay mines and bombs Smile
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:36 am

It looks a little bit like F-Zero. :O
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:42 am

I'm on my PS3 Wink I'll give ya a few goes at eliminator if you're up for it
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:22 am

A few of us could get Fury and have a league going Smile
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:30 am

Help

I remember I used to have the really old WipeOut game for PS1. I loved that game so much, spent so long trying to get the best times on all the tracks. Are the ships and weapons still the same? I can hardly remember any of the names.

I liked the purple one, but probably because it was purple and less to do with its stats.

Boy I have to get me a PS3 Very Happy
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:31 am

Marky will know that stuff, red, I only got WipeOut last year.

Marky beat me ona an eliminator earlier today 201 - 189 Surprised
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:19 am

Wow. Thats quite a score.

Yeah, I think alot has changed since then too, because I remember you used to just have races and that was it. There was no special rounds or anything. Plus you had to use two PS1 to play on the same TV -_-
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:40 am

Purple........if the colours stayed the same, it would be Qirex.

I know that 3 teams where dropped since WipEout 3, which was on PS1, but here's the team list for HD Fury:

Piranha
Triakis
Qirex
AG-Systems
Goteki-45
Harimau
Icarus
Feisar
Auricom
Mirage
EG-X
Assegai

The core weapons are the same, such as plasmas and quakes, but there have been a few that have been dropped from the PSP WipEout releases (before that I'm unsure of weaponary) such as Shuriken and Repulsor

I've been playing WipEout since I was 7 Cool I had the demo for WipEout 3 on the PS1, which I used to play non-stop. I didn't know the teams at the time, but once I got used to them I was able to feel some nostalgia in realising I was flying the Feisar ship, and if I got on the podium, I was allowed to fly the Goteki 45 ship. Up until aged 9, I just thought they were "blue slow ship" and "cool yellow one that's fast"
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:44 am

Haha, yeah, I was around 9 maybe? So it was the same for me, cool yellow fast ship and slow blue ship. I remember the Piranah, Feisar, Quirex, but none of the others, but it was a while back...

The weapons were fun, do you remember any of the cheats. There was one that turned your ship into a pig or a shark and few other obvious ones like being invincible. I enjoyed the game so much I never really used them.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Do you remember Van Uber, Xios or Tigron? They are early teams that were dropped after a few games.

In HD Fury, there aren't any cheats Sad You can get some awesome glitches though.....my friend Nick showed me a time when the barriers on Vineta K broke and his ship plummeted into the water and broke the game Laughing You get the added features of PSN though, so online is easier to play, and you can get trophies for it Smile

MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 pm

MarkyDMan wrote:Do you remember Van Uber, Xios or Tigron? They are early teams that were dropped after a few games.

In HD Fury, there aren't any cheats Sad You can get some awesome glitches though.....my friend Nick showed me a time when the barriers on Vineta K broke and his ship plummeted into the water and broke the game Laughing You get the added features of PSN though, so online is easier to play, and you can get trophies for it Smile

I crashed through the wall on Anulpha Pass (forward) and fell down a hole that doesn't normally exist. It treated it like I had crashed off the course normally though, and I went from 1st to 6th - this was on the last lap of the race Brick Wall
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Ahhh I hate it when that happens Laughing I once made a mad recovery on the last lap of a race. I didn't hit any speedpads, I just shot everything out of the way >Very Happy
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:11 pm

MarkyDMan wrote:Do you remember Van Uber, Xios or Tigron? They are early teams that were dropped after a few games.

Tigron sounds vaugley familiar. The others, not at all. Pity there are no cheats, was funny to see a pig fly round the track.

Lol, glitches are the best, Ican imagine they are paticularly interesting on this game, considering the speed things have to load and what not. There were quite a few in the other games too, like braking the barrier and flying away over the track.

Aww... I really need to get a PS3, I would love to play this online. That was the only thing that didnt impress me in the old ones, was no multiplayer, but online is even more amazing.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:14 pm

PS3's are well worth it ^^ I play mostly MotorStorm (PS3 exclusive) and WipEout (PS3 exclusive). It doubles up as a media player aswell
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:59 am

Single Player Eliminator Smile

603 points in 11 laps, with a 16:0 KD Very Happy
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:32 am

MarkyDMan wrote:PS3's are well worth it ^^ I play mostly MotorStorm (PS3 exclusive) and WipEout (PS3 exclusive). It doubles up as a media player aswell

I played motor storm when I was round my dads. Is an awesome game, liked the bikes or the rigs the best.

Congrats on the score Very Happy Not entirely sure how good it is, but I bet its pretty good!
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum