EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Sitcoms

5 posters

Go down

Favourite Sitcoms Empty Favourite Sitcoms

Post by Arkanay Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm

This topic was created merely for the purpose of having the community listing its favourite sitcoms and discussing them as well.

Some among my favourites are:

- Big Bang Theory (I think it's original and quite funny. I was once sick at home and watched a truck load of BBT episodes and it was a good entertainment to have. Razz)

- How I met your mother (I think it's funny also, although sometimes it can be a little hopeless, but it's usually good)

- Friends (Friends is great but I've seen all episodes ^^)

- King of Queens (Kevin James is great in this one)

I like some of the oldie ones a lot also, such as:

- All in the Family (I like it a lot. All episodes have a good message to pass and they do it in a funny, silly way)

- Father Ted (I like the atmosphere of this one and all the main characters. ^^)

What are yours?
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Favourite Sitcoms Empty Re: Favourite Sitcoms

Post by LordRemington Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:08 pm

Mine would be:

Scrubs- Obvious one. I've watched every episode atleast 5 or 6 times. and I still love it.

Modern Family- Everyone on that show is cast perfectly. My favourite character is Cameron.

Seinfeld- Admittedly I don't watch it very often any more, but i used to love seinfeld. I always aspired to be like Kramer.

Very oldie one:

Faulty Towers- Its really a shame they didn't make more episodes. One of the best shows I've watched.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Ah, yes, I like Modern Family too. ^^ Cameron is probably my favourite as well. Razz

Seinfeld is all right. I think George, Kramer, Newman and Elaine are good, funny characters but I'm not a fan of Seinfeld. I don't think he's a good actor. He is almost smiling/laughing at times he's not really supposed to. It looks weird.

I've only seen the first episode of Fawlty Towers on the internet and was quite funny. ^^

Last edited by Arkanay on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:35 am

Oy, I don't have the energy to go and list ALL my favorite sitcoms. I will however provide you with the ones I still watch even if they've been off the air for a while.

(in no particular order)

- Roseanne - Here's 20 bucks, go buy clothes... that match the couch.
- Will & Grace - Bad gay man, BAD gay man!
- Third Rock From the Sun - I'm GORGEOUS!
- Golden Girls - I could've lived in a swinging condo instead of with a slut and a moron!
- The Nanny - But, Mr. Sheffield! Waaaaah
- The Big Bang Theory - Bazinga!
- Miranda - Isn't this exciting?
- Mike & Molly - I had to work two jobs... three if we count your father.
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch - Who ordered all the pizza?
- Frasier - I'm listening.

Sitcoms are my favorite kind of entertainment. Sometimes, the laughtrack can be a bit out of place - "Hey, Ross!" Hey, Rachel." *laughter* ... - but when you know the show had been recorded in front of a live audience (as in general) then you do get the best performance out the actors. It's like a heavily edited stage play and the audience is built in.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:44 am

I created the British Sitcom Appreciation Society on Facebook a couple years ago https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10172358435

Here are my faves (regardless of nation)

- Red Dwarf is simply funny, combining sci-fi and comedy I just laugh a minute on it.
- Blackadder is possibly the greatest sitcom of all time, from any time or place. Full of witty humour, piffy comebacks and is not afraid of the odd blatant rude joke either.
- Scrubs is just mental, I think J.D.'s narration is actually what makes it, and how the Janitor survived in the job is beyond me.
- Fawlty Towers may have had poor production values and bad sets, but it was relentlessly funny.
- Big Bang Theory is like Blackadder in that it is not afraid to assume the audience is clever. Sheldon makes me laugh and cry simultaneously.

Sitcoms I just don't get include

- Friends probably because it is popular, I've only ever laughed at anything Chandler has ever said or done.
- Miranda bored me within 5 minutes, laughter free. Every trailer makes me want to avoid it to.
- Men Behaving Badly is just too full on blokish to me, there is no respite from it. Same joke endlessly as far as I can tell.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:51 am

Vektrix wrote:- Friends probably because it is popular, I've only ever laughed at anything Chandler has ever said or done.
- Miranda bored me within 5 minutes, laughter free. Every trailer makes me want to avoid it to.
I hardly watched Friends when it was popular but somehow I still caught all the best moments in its first run.

As for Miranda, I'm surprised you don't find it funny. I would fall off my chair or bed watching her trying to get herself out of an embarrassing situation while "working" with the audience. It's quite unique for a sitcom.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:55 am

Embarrassment as a premise turns me away. Every trailer I've seen she is an embarrassing situation. Whereas in most other sitcoms, embarrassment occurs, but it is does not occur in every scene or joke.... mind you, I have only seen 5 minutes and trailers, so I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:07 am

Well, she does get into an awful lot of embarrassing situations but the show also focuses on her interactions with her friends and mother. That and the fact she knows we're watching.

Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:14 am

Ah, I like Frasier too. For a time they would send about five Frasier episodes on Saturday evenings and it was super cozy to chill on the couch and just take them as they come. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:34 am

Scrubs, (appletinis)
Frasier,
Seinfeld (the show about nothing)
The Cosby Show,
Modern Family, (I like Cameron too)
The Middle,
and King of Queens. I like King of Queens, because they're both terrible people. XD

Good times.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:18 am

I don't get The Middle at all. I watched an episode because The Janitor was in it, but it is just a rip-off of Malcolm in the Middle, which I did not like either.

I like Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier but am firmly in the over-rated camp in both regards. Both very good, but not as good (IMHO) as many people make out.

Far and away the worst sitcom I ever seen is... Two and a Half Men. Charlie Sheen has no comic timing in it at all.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 am

I think Two and a Half Men actually has some quality to it. I find it funny in a relaxed way.

There are way worse sitcoms out there, most of them of name I don't even know, for I don't really care, that are just completely unoriginal, predictable and boring.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Two and a Half Men was only funny when the housekeeper or their mother was on. SHe brothers themselves were very much a caricature of their own characters, the eternal womanizer and the doomed nincompoop.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

Vektrix wrote:
Far and away the worst sitcom I ever seen is... Two and a Half Men. Charlie Sheen has no comic timing in it at all.

I'd agree with this. I tried watching to episodes of it, and I couldn't even muster a chuckle. I just don't think Charlie Sheen is funny. Its not necessarily that the jokes are bad, I just find Charlie Sheen to be so bland and boring.

===============================================================================

Forgot about Frasier. I originally didn't like Frasier, but it grew on me in time and I ended up quite liking it.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down