EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was your first video game/ console?

+16
CrazySnagret
Xeno
LoD
MetalStarTech
Red-Indigo
Vago
world_piece
Jeff
sjhorm
OneDeadSlime
Arkanay
Vektrix
MjrGlory
Andeavor
Drew980
LordRemington
20 posters

Go down

What was your first video game/ console? Empty What was your first video game/ console?

Post by LordRemington Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:05 am

Just random thought.

What was the first video game you ever played? Or if you were too young to remember, what is the first game you have fond memories of? (can answer both questions as they first game you played might have sucked Razz)

Also what was your first console?

First video game I have any slight memory of playing was super mario bros on the NES, which naturally was also my first console.

However I don't really remember to much about playing super mario so I can't say I have fond memories of it.

The first game that I have a good recollection of that I LOVED was a pc game called Monster Truck Madness. Was awesome. I'm pretty sure there was basically only one track to race on but it didn't matter. I still played it for dozens of hours.

I even remember my favourite monster truck from it. Grave digger Cool

I felt soo manly playing it Very Happy
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

What was your first video game/ console? Empty Re: What was your first video game/ console?

Post by Drew980 Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:54 am

First console I played on was the PlayStation 1. I don't think I remember the very first game I played. It might have been crash bandacoot.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

What was your first video game/ console? Empty Re: What was your first video game/ console?

Post by Andeavor Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:59 am

Super Mario Bros. for the NES - the classic starter game.

Of course, I'm from the generation that only had the NES and GameBoy growing up. Then, when the Super NES and later the Playstation came, that's when mainstream video gaming became an culture.

I still remember the day I went down to the store and bought a Super NES with my hard saved-up pocket money. Back then, video games just felt more like video games.

I was in love.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by MjrGlory Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:05 am

Never really owned a console myself (we got a wii here, but it's from a roommate). Always stuck to the pc which I would take over any console. First game I ever played on that: Red Alert Very Happy
MjrGlory
MjrGlory
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : MjrGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:22 am

First Console was my sister's NES, however, the family had an Acorn BBC from about '84. Therefore the first game I remember is a classic - Space Invaders. First game I got addicted to was Arcadians, and first game I got REALLY addicted to was Chuckie Egg Smile
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:41 am

My first console was a FunStation and I got it when I was around 8. Lol, plain but a lot of fun. Very Happy Had so many of those cheap 2D games that came in tapes, Power Rangers, Batman, Captain America, Mario, Alien, etc.. They may seem simple nowadays but were quite addictive and entertaining. ^^
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:12 am

I've never had a console, but my first game was Age of Empires (a year later, its expansion too). In fact it was my only game until I became 11... I started playing when I was 7.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:07 am

Donkey Kong 64 on the N64. Smile

I liked shooting bees

It was quickly followed by a load of Mario games
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:02 am

I think the first game I ever played would be Super Mario World for GBA. Drove me nuts almost immediately... I was only 10, and prone to ragequit Razz
Jeff
Jeff
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Jeffrey94

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:03 am

Sega Master System with Hang-On and Safari Hunt (Duck Hunt clone but with more animals to shoot and a much better dampened gun called the 'Light Phaser').

These games were installed inside the system and can be accessed via menu. Funny thing is Sega made different bundles as well as a core variant of the Master System but they were all programmed the same way. Core system had the games blocked but can be accessed via hack. I was able to hack mine to get the original 'Marble Madness'. That game was hard as hell!
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:05 pm

A playstation 1. My dad got it for me for my birthday one year when I was like 3. That and some other game he wanted to get. He was such a considerate father.

Of course I don't really mind now because it was totally him that got me into games.

As for a game I honestly couldn't tell you. I was too young and can't remember now.
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Omnivex

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:03 am

Vago wrote:A playstation 1. My dad got it for me for my birthday one year when I was like 3. That and some other game he wanted to get. He was such a considerate father.

Of course I don't really mind now because it was totally him that got me into games.

As for a game I honestly couldn't tell you. I was too young and can't remember now.

Thats why I add, you can just say the first game you have fond memories of and not necessarily the first one you played. Smile
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Donkey Kong on N64. I don't remember too much of it though, other than a big monkey thing... It wasn't untill later I got given a Sega Mega drive that I remember gaming much, i was about 6 or so.

The game I played most though was this wierd thing with a cat like character that went through pipes and things collecting yarn and smashing gumball machines... :/ Idk

The console I remember the most though is the PS1. Or possibly my gameboy and later gameboy colour.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalStarTech Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:17 pm

ZX Spectum X2 was my first computer keybord console d Bulseye gun but firt game I played on it was off my dad Tom and Jerry grapicly meh by todays standerds

Wile games consoles came in a bit later with a Saga Megadrive aka in states Genessis
witch at the time was far better than Nintendos NES or SNES

First game I played on my megadrive was Callums
Just so u guys know Me and Vek have fond memories of bonding over the Megadrive playing WWF Raw witch was wwe's first console game

MetalStarTech
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:17 pm

I think, if you added up all the time we played the Royal Rumble alone, it would come to two weeks Laughing
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Red-Indigo wrote:Donkey Kong on N64. I don't remember too much of it though, other than a big monkey thing... It wasn't untill later I got given a Sega Mega drive that I remember gaming much, i was about 6 or so.

The game I played most though was this wierd thing with a cat like character that went through pipes and things collecting yarn and smashing gumball machines... :/ Idk

The console I remember the most though is the PS1. Or possibly my gameboy and later gameboy colour.

Oh! oh! I had that game with the cat. It was uh.....Bubsy! I loved that game, even though I was terrible at it! I still have it, actually. >_>
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:23 am

I honestly have no clue but I remember Star Fox and Super Mario RPG the most. Smile

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Xeno Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:43 pm

Mario Kart: Double Dash on the Gamecube is the first video game for a dedicated gaming platform I remember playing. A ton of computer games before that, though.

Xeno

Male
Spore Name : Xenopologist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySnagret Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:38 pm

ZooTycoon all the way!
Before that is a bit fuzzy, somthing bout dinos and customizable 2D race tracks.
CrazySnagret
CrazySnagret

Male
Spore Name : Crazyjoe98

Back to top Go down

Post by DinoRexCM Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:39 am

I played classics like Duck Hunt, Mario Bros., and Pac-Man for small amounts of time as a kid. I didn't own them or get much of a chance to play them though, so I guess those don't really count.

I also played some PC games that I don't really remember when I was very young. The only one I do remember (fondly) was Jurassic Park: Danger Zone. That game was hella fun, or at least it was when I played it. I think I still have the disk, actually...

The game that got me into video games was actually Pokemon Sapphire. It was for GBA, yeah, but it defined my gosh darned childhood.
DinoRexCM
DinoRexCM

Male
Spore Name : DinoRexCM

Back to top Go down

Post by Tufty100 Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:59 am

First console? The Wii. I prefer computers. First game? I'm not exactly sure, but it may have been Sonic R, or prehaps a learning game. First game I have fond memories of? Sonic Heroes.

Now, is that enough info for you? No? Tough. Smile
Tufty100
Tufty100

Female
Spore Name : Tufty100

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEmilion Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:14 am

The GC, and Pokémon Colosseum.

Famous for the Endless-Master-Ball Switch Glitch (as I liked to call it)
TheEmilion
TheEmilion

Male
Spore Name : koopakilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Forti4 Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:20 am

The first console was the PS2 and I even play games on it.
The first game was "Ratchet and Clank".
It's still awesome.
Forti4
Forti4

Male
Spore Name : Forti4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down