EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Sepp Blatter says racism on the pitch can be solved with handshake

4 posters

Go down

NEWS: Sepp Blatter says racism on the pitch can be solved with handshake Empty NEWS: Sepp Blatter says racism on the pitch can be solved with handshake

Post by Vektrix Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:04 am

NEWS: Sepp Blatter says racism on the pitch can be solved with handshake _56740449_seppblatter

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has said football does not have a problem with racism, and believes any incidents should be settled by a handshake.

The Football Association is currently investigating Chelsea's John Terry, and has charged Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, over alleged racist remarks.

"There is no racism, but maybe there is a word or gesture which is not the correct one," he told CNN World Sport.

"The one affected by this should say this is a game and shake hands."

The 75-year-old's comments provoked immediate reaction, with England and Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand tweeting: "Tell me I have just read Sepp Blatter's comments on racism in football wrong....if not then I am astonished."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15757165.stm

This started trending on Twitter IMMEDIATELY and a campaign has started calling for his IMMEDIATE resignation - this has included several professional footballers.

I think this is an issue that transcends Sport and believe his comments send out the wrong message to everyone. My opinions of Sepp Blatter are that he is an idiotic old fool (I have thought this for several years). Do you guys think this is a silly thing for Mr. Blatter to have said?
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Sepp Blatter says racism on the pitch can be solved with handshake Empty Re: NEWS: Sepp Blatter says racism on the pitch can be solved with handshake

Post by TheEmilion Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:15 am

Hunf No it can't. Explain the high-profile cases going on right now, Mr I'm-corrupt-and-everybody-hates-me-and-I-don't-care.
TheEmilion
TheEmilion

Male
Spore Name : koopakilla

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Sepp Blatter says racism on the pitch can be solved with handshake Empty Re: NEWS: Sepp Blatter says racism on the pitch can be solved with handshake

Post by Andeavor Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:47 am

Give it to an old Swiss coot to say something as stupid as that. Facepalm

I apologize for my fellow countryman's remark. Unfortunately, his opinion is shared with many others of his generation, especially in Switzerland, i.e. pat on the back, a handshake and all is well...

I think that Mr. Blatter has lost touch with reality as many in his position. Once you reach the very top of your career, you don't experience the same trials and tribulations of those on the bottom, so anything you say in regards of racism, sexism or homophobia on the field is more than crucial. In fact, if you don't know what to say, don't say anything at all.

All I say is, he shouldn't have said anything. He should have hired a press speaker to help clean up this mess. And if he already has one he should fire him ASAP.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:01 am

What it really sounds like Sepp Blatter has said is that if a guy makes a racist remark on the pitch it's ok as long as he offers the person he's offended a handshake, so a handshake solves everything.... rightttttt Razz
Another example of why the people who act as spokesmen for football are inevitably cavemen, i say put Gary Lineker in charge, then football might regain some sense of respect and sensibility Razz
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down