EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: *Warning: doll contains strong language*........or does it?

3 posters

Go down

NEWS: *Warning: doll contains strong language*........or does it? Empty NEWS: *Warning: doll contains strong language*........or does it?

Post by LordRemington Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:59 pm

They play. They giggle. But, then, say some angry consumers, the You and Me Play and Giggle Triplet dolls say "OK, crazy b****."

The adorable-looking dolls, clad in their pajamas with matching nightcaps, make babbling sounds and move their heads and are made exclusively for the Toys "R" Us brand, reported NBCPhiladelphia.com on Monday. The store defended the product and said what customers claim they are hearing is a misunderstanding.

"Obviously we would not sell a doll that uses profanity. What you’re hearing is just baby babble...There are no plans to pull it off the shelves," Toys “R” Us spokeswoman Jennifer Albano told the NBC Philadelphia's Lu Ann Cahn.

Read the full story on NBCPhiladelphia.com

But others disagreed. An Oaklyn, N.J., grandmother, Pauline Davis, had bought the Giggle Triplets as a last-minute gift on Christmas Eve and was appalled when she got home to test out the dolls before giving them to her grandchildren, the website reported.

“I'm stunned ... There’s no mistake about it. The baby does use the B-word that ends in H,” Davis said.

Davis called up the Cherry Hill, N.J. store where she bought the dolls. The store apologized to her, Davis told NBC Philadelphia.

"They were appalled," Davis said. "But it still doesn't change things. Who released this doll?"

NBC Philadelphia went to the Cherry Hill Toys "R" Us to test out the dolls and found them on sale, all saying the same thing. Toys "R" maintained the toy wasn't using profanity, and said they had no plans to take it off shelves.

Don't really know what to make of this. It certainly does sound very similar to the swear, but worthy of being outraged over? It's kind of muffled in my opinion and it was most likely just an oversite in the recording of the voices for it. If I had bought that for my child, I don't think I'd fly into a rage about it. I'd probably find it funny. I seriously doubt a child will become a potty mouth by owning a doll that occasionally says something that sort of sounds like "crazy b****".
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: *Warning: doll contains strong language*........or does it? Empty Re: NEWS: *Warning: doll contains strong language*........or does it?

Post by Vektrix Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Remi, there was a similar thing last year in regards to the language of a toy. I cannot remember what it was supposed to say, but a toy released in 2010 or 2009 sounded like it was saying "Paedophile" instead of what it was actually supposed to say.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

NEWS: *Warning: doll contains strong language*........or does it? Empty Re: NEWS: *Warning: doll contains strong language*........or does it?

Post by TheEmilion Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:04 am

Vektrix wrote:Remi, there was a similar thing last year in regards to the language of a toy. I cannot remember what it was supposed to say, but a toy released in 2010 or 2009 sounded like it was saying "Paedophile" instead of what it was actually supposed to say.
I remember that:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2760619/Mouse-toy-recalled-over-claims-it-sings-paedophile.html
And the mouse itself:
TheEmilion
TheEmilion

Male
Spore Name : koopakilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down