EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Tragedy of dead body on the bus

2 posters

Go down

NEWS: Tragedy of dead body on the bus   Empty NEWS: Tragedy of dead body on the bus

Post by Vektrix Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 am

A grieving son took his mum’s dead body on a bus journey after she died on the way home from a day out.

The 52-year-old man had spent the day in Lancaster with his 88-year-old mum, when it is believed she died on the bus back to Preston.

Police today said the son then waited at Preston Bus Station with his mum’s body in a wheelchair, before boarding another bus to Chorley, where she lived.

He got off the Stagecoach 125 service at Chorley Interchange at around 8.30pm on Monday, and fellow passengers saw him leave the station after being challenged by a security guard, who then raised the alarm.

Soon afterwards he was stopped by police in Friday Street and an ambulance was called.

The woman was pronounced dead at the scene and police said the death was not being treated as suspicious.

A spokesman for Lancashire Police, said: “Our CCTV picked it up, we became aware of a man pushing a lady through the street in Chorley.

“The ambulance was called and sadly this woman was pronounced dead.

“It was investigated but was deemed to be non-suspicious.

“We spoke to a number of people at the time, we were there for several hours.

“It is very tragic. This man has lost his mother and was struggling to know how to deal with it.”

A man who also travelled on the bus said he saw a security guard follow the man at Chorley Interchange.

He said: “I was not paying attention, I did not realise until I got off the bus and the security guard was asking ‘Does she need an ambulance? Is she okay?’

“He just ran of along the bus station and the security guard chased after him.

“The bus driver was with him.

“I was shocked when I found out the lady was dead, I had not noticed but it was the security guard who said ‘I think she has passed away’

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/tragedy_of_dead_body_on_the_bus_1_4152535

Normally where I live is pretty boring and mundane news wise, but this, I felt, was worth reporting here. I suspect the man was just not sure what to do, and a combination of shock, grief and panic struck him, poor fella.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Tragedy of dead body on the bus   Empty Re: NEWS: Tragedy of dead body on the bus

Post by Ansje Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:14 am

Very tragic indeed: it shows how we struggle with the only thing in our life we are sure of to happen one day. Seems the man was "simply" wanting to bring his mother back home, the poor guy. I don't know how things are "abroad", I only know how they are here, in the Netherlands, now and back in the past. Nowadays it is getting more usual to have a deceased family member layed out at his/her home until the funeral or cremation, some 15 years ago that was still very uncommon. Family members can help with washing the body also, that was unthinkable in the past as well.
Ansje
Ansje
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Female
Spore Name : Ansje/AnsjeDark

Back to top Go down