EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An apology

+4
Andeavor
Blaze
LordRemington
Dormin
8 posters

Go down

An apology  Empty An apology

Post by Dormin Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Hello friends, this may seem a bit odd...but yeah..I feel like I must.

I'd like to apologize for being a bit...annoying in the past. If I recall correctly I was whiny, depressing, and a bit rude sometimes. I'm not proud of it, but hey, I've changed. Very Happy

Also, I might pop in once in awhile, I'd like to be a part of this forum again.
Dormin
Dormin
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Possum95

Back to top Go down

An apology  Empty Re: An apology

Post by LordRemington Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 pm

It's okay Dorm, no one's perfect and I understand you were going through a rough patch at the time. Everyone goes though rough patches. I've had more than a few very rough patches in the last year. And when you go through those patches you may not always say the most appropriate things.

Nice to hear things have changed for you though Very Happy

Though I am sorry to say that here isn't a whole lot to come back to. I'm very sad to say that eurospore seems to be in it's closing days Sad

Even as amazing as this place has been, all things eventually have to come to an end.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Dormin Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:41 am

Aww..really? Sad What happened?
Dormin
Dormin
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:33 am

I haven't been around much is what happened Wink

As you can see from the Latest Topics side bar, not many people are posting anymore. Less and less perople are getting on daily, if at all. Eurospore had it's Golden Age, but I believe it is nearing the end of the line.
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dormin Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:47 am

Are some of you moving on to a new forum?
Dormin
Dormin
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:51 am

I think most Eurosporeons are moving on with other games and life of course. I'll stick around as long until SimCity comes out, but if that doesn't put life back into ES I'll wait for Vektrix to send the final verdict.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:36 pm

No problem Dorm, the main thing is that you learn and move on from your own experiences, and compliment that with advice and the mistakes of others. All people go through rough patches, I have been going through a very long rough patch, which generally manifests itself in my ignoring the rest of the known universe. others lash out, or, like yourself, are not sure how to cope, and occasionally let the mask slip and say things, quite franky, you wish you hadn't in hindsight.

As for EuroSpore, you may have noticed I have not posted in 19 days - shock horror. As many of you may known, the domain is up for renewal soon (end of April), and due to a combination of factors, I am at this stage VERY unlikely to renew it - these include both finance and activity here. I am very much considering winding the forum down, we have been here for a little over 3 years now, debating, postulating, agreeing and disagreeing with each other. The forum has overcome some obstacles, some major, but mostly minor, and many people have earned my friendship, respect and even trust and loyalty. I am thrilled to say that I believe many of you have even looked to me in your darker moments and seen me as some sort of father figure.

I have recently been considering both the closure and handing over of the reigns in this endeavour. I dare say this place his amongst an elite of forums on the internet that has had stability at it's core, and harboured an atmosphere that promotes friendliness, even though some members in the past have tried their best to derail the community.

I think it is now time to decide the fate of this hallowed cyberturf, do we pull the plug? Do we see how it goes, or do we give it this push for further greatness? I am willing to give all three a go at this stage.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew980 Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 am

Leave it in its current state. There will still be a handful of people still here to enjoy it. Optimistically speaking there is a small chance we can bounce back into more a active state.
Drew980
Drew980
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Didzo Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:55 am

A forum, in order to remain functional, requires a steady influx of active members and a strong central userbase. It has a (very small) but strong userbase, but no real member influx. Its central focus was around Spore, which few people even play anymore. If Eurospore is to continue, a new focus has to be created to draw in new users and promote activity. For example, a large, active, controlled, and strongly advertised Minecraft server could do that.
Didzo
Didzo
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Back to top Go down

Post by world_piece Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:03 am

Should eurospore decide to close, there is another Spore Forum still out there

http://ommworld.com/HowlingWolf/index.php

It is owned by OldRygel and he has decided to keep the site active for the time being. As you can see, Spore is not the central focus. It is basically a very young eurospore. I am sure that OldRygel and the others wouldn't mind if you guys dropped by and said hello. They are friendly and outgoing people.
world_piece
world_piece
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Spore Name : world_piece

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum