EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dealing with downraters

+4
Creagenese
Vektrix
flux
Mudo
8 posters

Go down

Dealing with downraters Empty Dealing with downraters

Post by Mudo Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:48 am

Well, it's official. Downrates have hit a new low. Just check this out. http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Mudokon117%7C500292645172%3Asast-500575639174 It's not that I mind that I'm being downrated, in fact, I expected it to happen to this creation, but just read the description. (For those to lazy to check the link...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just in case this isn't clear in PNC, the hand is holding a butterfly.

Before anything, I am not taking sides.

I wasn't going to share anything for a while, in order to try to catch up on comments, but the recent war going on has changed that. I've seen a great many creations on both sides of the argument, and talked openly about it with Hydro. There are a few things you guys need to be clear on.
1. Hydro has never done any form of bullying, (Up to the recent accusations) 2.Hydro spends 6-8 hours on each creation, trying to make it as good as possible. 3. Hydro was mass downrated BEFORE he made his accusations.
This being said, please realize that Hydro means no harm if you are not a mass downrater. If you were accused, and are not a downrater, I suggest you and Hydro try to calmly talk it over. Hydro is a reasonable man, and if you are not guilty, you should have no fear.

On the other side of the argument, many people have been called mediocre. Sure, we are allowed to have opinions. Hydro wasn't out to get "Cute" He was out to get "Quick" As I mentioned before, he spends hours on each creation. Alot of the creations on MPN now look like they have been made hastily. Also, I would like to point out, that the both sides have already done rediculous amounts of bullying to eachother. (I've seen countless insults on both sides Just check a few protesting creations.)

All in all, can we just let this go? Let's all just pretend it never happened. I'd rather have UBD and Ploof club creations on MPN together, than a bunch of crap protest creations like this one there. Nothing has happened that can't be forgiven. No apologies are neccacary, just STOP. Sad

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A creation preaching peace was downrated, without cause or reason, (so far as I know)

I'm not looking for sympathy, but if you have any usefull advice, please let me in on it. confused
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Mudokon117

Back to top Go down

Dealing with downraters Empty Re: Dealing with downraters

Post by flux Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:52 pm

I too have been caught in this, not alot but some of my stuff gets hit sometimes! And i was hit bad lately. I downmind the occasional creation getting hit but this time was pretty bad.

cheers flux
flux
flux
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:56 pm

The recent war has sort of passed me by until becks mentioned it. I think I must have developed a filter of some kind in regard to the negatives of spore. This is combined with my current prolonged period of minimal actiivty... Embarassed

I have gone beyond the point of caring about downrating and the negative aspects of spore... mainly because EA and Maxis have clearly given up on the game.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Creagenese Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:58 pm

Yes, this war is stupid.(excuse my bad english, I am french).

The Dowraters want to seize the MPN and manipulate the Sporepedia.The UBD is innocent and Hydro_Glyph is just a victim.

Maxis does nothing.Either they are deaf and blind, or they pretend to be.

But the sporepedia tries to calm the war.Good.
Exemple : http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500575559277%3Aview-top_rated_new

Hydro do the dead actualy (French expression).
i hope the dowraters stop it.
Creagenese
Creagenese

Male

http://alcsporeclan.forum-pro.fr/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:19 pm

On the 5th MPN, there's an exclamation mark titled "Please Read" Created by FoobyDoo. According to it, he's now devoting his time to rating down UBD. Personally, I never took a side.....but it seems like there was a secret third party involved.

God, this has to be the silliest battle I've ever seen.
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:39 pm

I've been trying to persuade Foreverpiping and Hydro to stop this downrating shambles, Foreverpiping has released a plea for people to stop. Hydro hasn't done anything and FooyDoo is just proving Hydro right by downrating the UBD.

There is almost certainly a third party involved and they're getting away with it pretty damn easily.

At this rate EA and Maxis are going to have to step in which means only one thing.... bans
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:27 pm

I think the only way to solve this is to have Maxis completely take down the rating system
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:35 pm

Maxis don't care..... just my opinion.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:45 am

I think Maxis don't care unless the more serious aligations start getting thrown around...
sad to say but i think the allegation of cyberbullying has been mentioned
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:18 am

Maxis... care.. Laughing

Sorry guys, but i think not anything in the world would make Maxis change the rating system, we have tried that since the start of Spore.

And when it comes to this "war".. this is one of the most silly things that ever have happened on Spore. Come on, Cyberbullies and UBD's VS FloobyDoo and an army of floobs ore whatever they are called.. Shocked

The good thing is that the majority of players want this to stop, it will be over soon..
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: