EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get a game made?

+6
Vektrix
Arkanay
LordRemington
Icedmask
OneDeadSlime
Takben
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to get a game made? Empty How to get a game made?

Post by Takben Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:02 pm

I have designed an EPIC idea for a game, but I was wondering how I would go about giving the ideas to a game making company and let them make it? I won't be telling anything about the game here, just because it could be easily stolen...anyone know what I would have to do? Maybe, how much I would get if it was successful (like how much the company would invest in it)?

Takben
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

How to get a game made? Empty Re: How to get a game made?

Post by OneDeadSlime Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:19 pm

It all comes to knowing someone from a game company I suppose.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Well, im not even sure if you can "sell" or "give" an idea for a game to a company, and don't worry, i would never steal an idea for a game Razz

I think it would better if you presented your idea for more people, so that they can give feedback..
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:26 pm

I wouldn't steal it either...............so..............whats your idea for a game in full detail? Razz
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:27 pm

Some months ago, I actually started writting some ideas for extra options/gameplay for World of Warcraft. I wrote many pages about it, all thought as best as I could and seemed very good to me.

I still have that book somewhere and havenĀ“t sent it anywhere, as I, like you, am not really sure what to do.

Last edited by Arkanay on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:29 pm

I imagine the start would be get into contact with several game companies with the basic idea (no meat, just the bare bones). But I also imagine that they will probably ignore it to a greater extent.

IF you would like to make a career of this sort of thing, and are young enough, you could go to University and study game design, that way you would have a way into the industry and could get your game made easier.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Takben Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:16 am

OK, to give an idea of what it is, can I just say I am claiming copyright for this idea here today. Anyway, give some feedback. Please note btw, that I have left alot of things blank as I think I'll leave that up to the game company (assuming it was used).

It's an online only first person shooting modern war game. However, one person in the game is viewing the battlefield from above; for him/her (let's call them the "commander" for now) it is a real time strategy game, and the units that this person controls are the other players in the game. These units are viewing the game from a first person perspective, but every now and again, they will be given an order from the commander, like "attack _____" or "take cover!" or "go here" (etc). Now, you may be thinking "But because this is not like other RTS's and the units are actual players, couldn't they just not follow orders?" Well, you gain XP for completing objectives; this xp can be used to get bigger and better weapons (or whatever) but when orders are given, after 10 seconds if you have not started completing your objective, you will begin to LOSE XP.

Other facts:
The commander is selected randomly at the beginning of the game.
If the commander leaves someone else is chosen randomly.
The more successful a commanders troops are, the commander will gain "Command XP" which allows them to build things like sand bags, machine gun turrets, and tanks for the troops.
To insentivise the troops to follow orders, if you are shot, say, in the leg, you will limp everywhere until you are healed by an npc medic. However, healing costs resources (resources are gained by capturing strategic points) and so before someone is healed it must be cleared with the Commander first, and if you don't follow orders, they will probably say no.

What do you guys think? I just came up with this idea on the spot when I was sitting on the bus and haven't put HUGE thought into it, so there will be some obviouse flaws that you guys can rectify.

Takben
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:21 am

This sounds interesting. I like this idea Thumbs Up

Maybe the soldiers could also communicate with the commander. Like, the soldiers could request a bomb-drop off and it would be the commanderĀ“s decision to do so or not, by pushing a certain button.

IĀ“d like to see more of this.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:24 am

That actually sounds kind of cool. Very Happy

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:43 am

It's a good idea. By the way, you don't just "claim copyright"; as it is nothing stops anyone from stealing your idea.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Takben Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:48 am

OneWarmSlime wrote:It's a good idea. By the way, you don't just "claim copyright"; as it is nothing stops anyone from stealing your idea.

Yes, but I have proof now that I came up with the idea because it's on the forum with the date ;D anyway, now that i think about it if it was stolen, sure i wouldn't get any money, but this awsome game would be made =D so really, it is important, but not too important...

Takben
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Takben Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:49 am

Arkanay wrote:This sounds interesting. I like this idea Thumbs Up

Maybe the soldiers could also communicate with the commander. Like, the soldiers could request a bomb-drop off and it would be the commanderĀ“s decision to do so or not, by pushing a certain button.

IĀ“d like to see more of this.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too ;D it'd make a nice addition to it...glad you like it Very Happy

Takben
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:54 am

Takben wrote:
OneWarmSlime wrote:It's a good idea. By the way, you don't just "claim copyright"; as it is nothing stops anyone from stealing your idea.

Yes, but I have proof now that I came up with the idea because it's on the forum with the date ;D anyway, now that i think about it if it was stolen, sure i wouldn't get any money, but this awsome game would be made =D so really, it is important, but not too important...

Unfortunately for you, your trust in this community is sadly lacking and you're a little paranoid because of it. No one on this community is going to steal your idea, no one is that childish and ignorant.
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:59 am

Well, Takben, since you're on EAUK as well, I advise having a word with Aurora or Adroit. While I'm not saying you talk to EA about it, they might know a little bit about designers, developers and such, or you can get a little advice or numbers from EA itself.

Just an idea, but since I've never done it myself, I can't promise you'll get much help.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:01 am

SuperLoki wrote:Well, Takben, since you're on EAUK as well, I advise having a word with Aurora or Adroit. While I'm not saying you talk to EA about it, they might know a little bit about designers, developers and such, or you can get a little advice or numbers from EA itself.

Just an idea, but since I've never done it myself, I can't promise you'll get much help.

NO DON'T GIVE THIS IDEA AWAY TO EA! THEY MIGHT MAKE IT ALL CUTE!!!!! Brick Wall Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Takben Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:03 am

SuperLoki wrote:Well, Takben, since you're on EAUK as well, I advise having a word with Aurora or Adroit. While I'm not saying you talk to EA about it, they might know a little bit about designers, developers and such, or you can get a little advice or numbers from EA itself.

thanks! that's a fantastic idea! i'll do that now! =D

Takben
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:04 am

I said nothing about giving EA the idea Neutral I merely suggested him asking them for advice or contacts.

EDIT: Great, Takben. I hope it works out for you Smile
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Takben Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:08 am

SuperLoki wrote:I said nothing about giving EA the idea Neutral I merely suggested him asking them for advice or contacts.

thanks again, but I thought of one thing before i do that...i think i should fill it in just a little bit more before i go off giving it to anyone just yet...but when i have it completed, i will go talk to one of the moderators. Thanks for that great ide again =D

Takben
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 am

Takben wrote:
SuperLoki wrote:I said nothing about giving EA the idea Neutral I merely suggested him asking them for advice or contacts.

thanks again, but I thought of one thing before i do that...i think i should fill it in just a little bit more before i go off giving it to anyone just yet...but when i have it completed, i will go talk to one of the moderators. Thanks for that great ide again =D
You're welcome ^^ But, just one thing before you go off completing and sending it. Don't give the script to them straight away. See if they can help you before you give them your idea, in case you get into contact with another company.

Unless you want EA to make it - then that's your decision ^^
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Takben Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:17 am

SuperLoki wrote:
Takben wrote:

You're welcome ^^ But, just one thing before you go off completing and sending it. Don't give the script to them straight away. See if they can help you before you give them your idea, in case you get into contact with another company.

Unless you want EA to make it - then that's your decision ^^

ok then Smile thanks again, rebbecca Very Happy

Takben
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:19 am

You're welcome, I really do hope you get somewhere with this Smile
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:39 am

Becca is all knowing! Worthy

And good luck with getting your idea develpoed Takben!
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Takben Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:45 am

bmpalmann wrote:Becca is all knowing! Worthy

And good luck with getting your idea develpoed Takben!

thanks for that! thanks to everyone, in fact, for the encouragement =D

Takben
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:58 am

Interesting concept, would be a great game^^

Good luck Cool
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by Takben Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:53 am

I think I'll give it to EA...not just because it's quicker and easier being on one of their forums, but because with their Medal of Honour series they kind of fail, ESPECIALY compared to Call of Duty, so I'd like to give them a good, unique war fps that might stand a chance against Modern Warfare (I still love mw and the cod series in general, but I would like to give the "little guy" a chance ;D if anyone else has a better suggestion though, I'm all ears, but so far it looks like I'm going EA.

Takben
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next