EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blizzard games not working.

3 posters

Go down

Blizzard games not working. Empty Blizzard games not working.

Post by Sakiara Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:35 pm

alksdjflaksjdflkjsf

ok, I've been working at this for days trying to fix my brother's computer. WoW and Starcraft II won't work on my brother's computer. I have literally tried everything, so I hope you guys can help me out. Neither will patch.

For WoW the launcher doesn't download anything, and the play button is greyed out. If I bypass the launcher, I get an error 132. Which is the most mysterious and hardest to figure out for the wow errors. For Starcraft II, same thing. The patches won't download. The launcher thingy just goes into a continuous loop. Kind of hard to explain.

Oh, and the retarded part is, that it's a 2 month old brand new computer...............................Also, it's Windows 7 and has beyond the system requirements for any PC game.

But this is all of the things I've done:
- put exceptions and ports for the router, firewall, and anti-viruses
- turned off proxy servers
- updated drivers
- uninstalled anti-virus and turned off firewall
- deleted temp, cache, wtf, and other wow folders
- used the blizzard repair tools
- tried to get them to work in safe mode
- updated windows
- did disk clean up and a ton of troubleshoot things through windows 7

I know there's more, but can't think of them atm. So far, it just seems like those two Blizzard games too.
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

Back to top Go down

Blizzard games not working. Empty Re: Blizzard games not working.

Post by LordRemington Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Considering I am about as computer savy as a peanut, I can't be of any help. In that situation my course of action would be getting upset, throwing a tantrum and throwing the games away.

I'm sure someone here would have some more relevant advice though.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Whenever I used Windows Vista or 7, I always ran into a problem with the User Account Control. And doing a little research, apparently the WoW launcher has a problem, too, with it. In that case you should disable it in your user preferences.

Also, you should run both the launcher and the exe file as an administrator. To do so, right-click on the desktop shortcut, go to open file location > properties > compatibility and tick the box that says "run this program as an administrator. Do the exact same thing for the exe file in the installation folder.

You may also be running into problems if you aren't already logged in as administrator. This means that as a guest or secondary user, you only have limited access to the computer's resources, which could cause your troubles.

As for the Error #132, try turning off background programs. You can download the Game Booster, which will turn off any unnecessary background task for you. One of them may be interfering with the launcher itself, they say.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakiara Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:12 am

Thanks Andy, but those are a couple other things I've tried. I've already tried the admin stuff. There aren't any guests or other users besides the admin account. Tried running it in windows xp compatibility too.

I looked into the background programs awhile ago and there aren't any unnecessary ones.

Thanks anyway.
Sakiara
Sakiara
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Female
Spore Name : Sakiara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down