EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XP/Vista applications for Win7? [solved]

4 posters

Go down

XP/Vista applications for Win7? [solved] Empty XP/Vista applications for Win7?

Post by SuperLoki Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 am

Is it possible to use certain Windows XP or Vista applications for Windows 7?

Specifically, I'm asking for Windows Movie Maker (or any kind of similar software). While I love the new features for Win7, it's missing a few things Vista had, and also that my videos now take 3 hours to upload to YouTube (wtf!?!?)

I know different OS means different coding, software and such, but the difference for WMM appears more design/feature-related than OS/Software-related.

With that said, is there any chance of using iMovie for Win7, too? Laughing
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

XP/Vista applications for Win7? [solved] Empty Re: XP/Vista applications for Win7? [solved]

Post by Trick Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:40 am

Do you have XP mode on your Windows 7 edition?
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

XP/Vista applications for Win7? [solved] Empty Re: XP/Vista applications for Win7? [solved]

Post by SuperLoki Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:43 am

Do you mean where the layout and appearance is an XP format? Then no.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:53 am

Win7 should have a built-in XP emulator. You should be able to install and run XP compatible software. You may have to right-click on the shortcut or exe and change the priorities.

As for an OSX software on Win7, I dunno, I only know legit products the other way round.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:54 am

SuperLoki wrote:Do you mean where the layout and appearance is an XP format? Then no.

Are both your computers running on Win 7? You could try uploading on another PC.

Also, you can simply download the older version of MovieMaker here:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/coolstuff/Miss-the-Old-Movie-Maker-Get-it-Back-on-Windows-7
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:01 am

....>____> Thanks Trick, last time I looked for that I couldn't find it! xD

And thanks, Andy. That'll definitely be good to know in the future Smile
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:00 am

I just double checked (I'm thinking of getting a legit Win7 version in the near future) and I saw that the XP-mode is only in the Professional+ versions.

There are SIX different OS versions - M$ is so damn greedy. Mad
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:06 am

6? Oh wow o__O All I know is that mine is Win7 Ultimate... I think.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:41 am

Ooh, you'got the best one, hence you should have XP mode built-in - and everything else, too. =D
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:44 am

Yeah, I have Win7 professional. It only struggles when I download abandonware and try and play it... DOS-Mode issues, I'm sure there is a way round it, but since my desktop is XP, I use that instead. Laughing

Becks, have you got the last movie maker? It comes with the Windows Live package, which although you get some of Windows Live with Windows 7, you still have to download the entire thing to get everything.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:51 am

Yeah, that was the version I had. Again, I like the new version, it's just that it's missed out some features I'd like, not to mention it publishes videos 10x longer and larger than the previous WMM versions scratch But Trick linked me to an older version, so now I have both Very Happy
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down