EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft Updates and Fixes you would like to see

+9
Jeff
Doomnova
Damnagoras
sjhorm
TyrannoFan
OneDeadSlime
LordRemington
Trick
Arkanay
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Minecraft Updates and Fixes you would like to see Empty Minecraft Updates and Fixes you would like to see

Post by Arkanay Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Title says it all, but to try and word it differently: Use this topic to speculate on new ideas you would like to see added to Minecraft and/or fixes you think are necessary.

There is a minor bug I think should be fixed.
When you click to sleep in a bed, if it's day time, it says you can only sleep at night - All's good there.
But if you click during night time, but are too far away, it still says you can only sleep at night. It should say something like "You are too far away to use that."

Not sure if this is a bug, but sometimes, the locomotive cart has a hard time pushing a cart with me in it. When there's a curve and immediatly after a steep way going up, the locomotive cart ends up turning the other way around. It's a little annoying. ><
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Updates and Fixes you would like to see Empty Re: Minecraft Updates and Fixes you would like to see

Post by Trick Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:33 pm

-Shotgun.

Self explanatory Razz
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Updates and Fixes you would like to see Empty Re: Minecraft Updates and Fixes you would like to see

Post by LordRemington Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Well with the introduction of the bed, I would find it interesting if you could put in place other house hold furniture and ornaments, like a proper couch. Sure its cool that you can make wood pieces and stone pieces look like a couch, but thats fairly limited, and you can't actually sit on it.

Sure, it would be a completely useless addition to be able to sit on a couch, but still it would be cool.

Also lamps. Sure the torches do fine and glow stone works to light to, but it would be nice to make the lighting in a building look slightly modern.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:29 pm

I agree. I think the lack of furniture is currently MC's biggest issue, since it discourages you from making realistic looking houses that you can enter. And sure I'd love a variety of lights.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:40 pm

The locomotive cart is actually simply called a powered cart. For simplicity's sake.

A glitch that I hate is when zombies come up to you and do not do damage to you.

This applies to spiders too. They do deal damage when they jump, but not when they are not.

The reason I hate this glitch is because this makes the game not very fun if you want to survive.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:46 pm

TyrannoFan wrote:The locomotive cart is actually simply called a powered cart. For simplicity's sake.

Is it really that important to mention that?

Just go with the flow, man.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Ahem.

Perhaps beds could be a little bigger? I keep thinking that they look a tad small.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:51 pm

I agree with that observation. They could be 2 cubes and a half long instead, or so.

I´ve read somewhere you could make double beds by placing one next to eachother, although I know you mean in length.

More furniture would indeed be nice.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Meh. 2 blocks feels more Minecraftian. Vertical half blocks don't seem like they are in the spirit of Minecraft.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Trickatel wrote:
Perhaps beds could be a little bigger? I keep thinking that they look a tad small.

I´ve just been inspecting it attentively and the Character is sliiiightly shorter than two blocks. So he actually "fits" in the bed, although sometimes it may not seem like it. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Yeah, I know that, but the perspective of the bed looks very short Razz
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:10 am

I want a trapdoor. I want a cool bunker. Minecraft Updates and Fixes you would like to see Dummy

And I also would like to be able to connect to minecraft.net. This new launcher sucks
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:35 am

Minecraft.net is down. It's not the launcher's fault.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnagoras Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:37 am

For those of us who likes to RP, new furniture and being able to sit down on something would be a huge welcome. It's the biggest thing missing, if you ask me. The perfect thing would be if you could sit down on anything by pressing the right key.
Damnagoras
Damnagoras
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Damnagoras

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomnova Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:02 am

Stained glass. And DirectX 11 tessellation.

Yesssssssssssssssssss
Doomnova
Doomnova

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:16 am

I think changing the color of furniture would be nice.

I can see how a red bed / whatever other furniture they add could be undesirable under certain circumstances...
Jeff
Jeff
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Jeffrey94

Back to top Go down

Post by Vago Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:28 am

I would like to see.

*Pulls out Minecraft Christmas list*

-Peat
-Mud thats not Soul Sand
-Palm Trees
-More than 2 kinds of stairs. (More like the slabs but with stairs)
-Ability to choose the picture you want
-Biome Caves (Seen mods for this)
-More Mobs in general
-Choice of a Map generator (Floating Islands, Small islands, no oceans things like that)
-More variety with tree leaves. (Cherry blossoms and such)
-TV's (For the hell of it)
-More kinds of fish (Like fishing rod catchable fish)
-More flowers and other plants
-Furniture
-Claim Flags

I think thats it for now.
Vago
Vago
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Omnivex

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Flags would be a nice feature, I agree.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:48 pm

TyrannoFan wrote:Minecraft.net is down. It's not the launcher's fault.

But Minecraft.net wasn't down for me. I can easily get onto the site.

MINECRAFT WORKERS

Y U NO MAKE LESS BUGGY GAME

----------------------------------------------------
All of those things would be cool, omni.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:57 am

-More types of food you can make. And instead of only giving you back hearts, maybe give certain foods give you certain boosts for a short period of time, e.g armour, super speed.

-Cannons. Similar to the arrow boxes, except more explosive. Would be fun to have ship or castle battles with cannons.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:53 am

LordRemington wrote:
-Cannons. Similar to the arrow boxes, except more explosive. Would be fun to have ship or castle battles with cannons.

That's an interesting idea. Perhaps there could be a special warfare mode, where things took longer to build but were more resistant to damage. Because if not, then you can just spam blocks while people keep shooting at you. Razz

More crops would also be nice. Actually, more of everything would be nice. Razz Maybe it's asking too much, but a bigger variety of npcs could be cool. Maybe make camels and scorpions spawn in the desert, while yetis and rams would spawn on snow. Shocked

Hehe, I still say it's a game with great potential.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:16 am

-A mode with no creatures at all (Stupid Pigs)
-Couches, Chairs, Tables
-Trap Doors (Step on one and fall in to a lava pit!)
-Wolves, Walruses, and Polar Bears (Ice Climate only)
-Camels and Geckos (Desert Climate only)
-The option to write in Books
-Customizable paintings
-Booze
-Creeper Overload Mode
-Redstone Blocks (???)
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:41 am

-Booze

Lol, it could impair your vision and make you stumble. Maybe slower reaction times or something. Razz
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:15 pm

sjhorm wrote:
-Booze

Lol, it could impair your vision and make you stumble. Maybe slower reaction times or something. Razz

The funny thing is, you could probably make it with Crops, Canes and a bucket. Laughing
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Lumorei wrote:
-The option to write in Books
-Creeper Overload Mode

I don't know about the others, but I'm pretty certain that these to features have been announced that they will eventually be in the game.

They are planning to make a zombie survival mode. Also there is already supposed to be a game called zombiecraft which is minecraft but modeled after Nazi zombies from Call of Duty: World at Wars maps.

And I'm pretty certain they also said they would make it so you could write in book eventually.

Read about it somewhere in the minecraft wiki I think.

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next