EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS: Man sues boss for forcing him to go to New Jersey

+7
Illusionary
Vektrix
sjhorm
TyrannoFan
Pikachu
Aletrius
LordRemington
11 posters

Go down

NEWS: Man sues boss for forcing him to go to New Jersey Empty NEWS: Man sues boss for forcing him to go to New Jersey

Post by LordRemington Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:14 am

A top manager for design house Elie Tahari is demanding $2 million for "anguish" and "depression" he says was caused by driving to sadly unstylish New Jersey on a weekly basis.

Thomas Horodecki, who works as a manager for Tahari's Saks Fifth Avenue shop, alleges that his supervisor, Sagit Halperin, forced him to travel to New Jersey at least once a week as part of his assignment to coordinate six retailers there.

"It was depressing driving to Jersey," Horodecki told the New York Post. "New York City has everything when it comes to fashion, especially Saks. And when it comes to styling, let's just say Jersey is difficult. Fashion it is not!"

Horodecki alleges in an arbitration claim filed Wednesday that Elie Tahari Ltd. and Sagit Halperin violated his rights under the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the New York State Human Rights Law, the New York City Human Rights Law, the Fair Labor Standards Act and New York State Labor Law.

The claim says Halperin, who is Jewish and of Israeli descent, of promoting employees of her same national origin and discriminating against Horodecki, who is a Christian of Polish descent.

The claim also says Halperin vacationed with the staffers in Israel and socialized with them after work. Horodecki was not invited to those gatherings.

According to the claim, Halperin ordered Horodecki to travel to New Jersey stores, submit pictures of the stores, and create detailed floor plans for each store.

Horodecki said he was going crazy and had a breakdown.

Horodecki's attorneys, Michael Borrelli and Alexander Coleman, said "no one should be treated the way he has been treated. It is outrageous to discriminate against employees in any way on the basis of their background."

Todd Girshon, attorney for Tahari, declined to comment.

"We regret the comments Mr. Hordecki chose to make about New Jersey, which do not reflect the views of our company," said Tahari VP Scott Currie. "We are confident that the upcoming arbitration will find all of Mr. Hordecki's claims to be totally baseless and without merit."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42158165/ns/business-us_business/

Yet again, proof that you can sue, for just about anything. Okay, now I've heard that New Jersey isn't in some parts the most pleasant place, but really, suffering a mental breakdown because it isn't stylish enough for him........... How idiotic can one person be?
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Man sues boss for forcing him to go to New Jersey Empty Re: NEWS: Man sues boss for forcing him to go to New Jersey

Post by Aletrius Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:17 am

Welcome to the 'What can I sue for?' culture.
Aletrius
Aletrius
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

NEWS: Man sues boss for forcing him to go to New Jersey Empty Re: NEWS: Man sues boss for forcing him to go to New Jersey

Post by Pikachu Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:37 am

This brings a new meaning to the phrase "Its a Jersey Thing."
Pikachu
Pikachu
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Stitch1200

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:11 am

Meh. I've seen people sue others for nearly no reason at all.

Amazing what you can sue people for.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Heck, I think I'd sue if I were made to go to Jersey.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:12 pm

sjhorm wrote:Heck, I think I'd sue if I were made to go to Jersey.

That is a pet hate of mine, calling New Jersey, Jersey. I used to live on Jersey and I get confused by it Laughing

However, I was just thinking the same thing Wink I'd sue if I was made to go to New Jersey (or Jersey for that matter Laughing )
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Vektrix wrote:
sjhorm wrote:Heck, I think I'd sue if I were made to go to Jersey.

That is a pet hate of mine, calling New Jersey, Jersey. I used to live on Jersey and I get confused by it Laughing

However, I was just thinking the same thing Wink I'd sue if I was made to go to New Jersey (or Jersey for that matter Laughing )

Heh heh, sorry about that.
But yeah, New Joisee is pretty bad.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionary Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:08 pm

This article confuses me, even though I've read it like five times. Neutral
Illusionary
Illusionary
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : ghostofillusion

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:40 am

Illusionary wrote:This article confuses me, even though I've read it like five times. Neutral

Is it the sheer stupidity of it that confuses you or are you confused what the lawsuit is about?

If your confused what its about. simple terms. Man forced to his job and go market in New Jersey. Man really doesn't like New Jersey Because its not a fashionable place. Man somehow gets depressed by this. Man remembers the golden rule in America "you can sue for anything". Man sues the company he works for for forcing him to go to New Jersey.

In future: Man will lose case. No one will hire man because they will be worried he would end up suing them for something stupid. Man will end up working at KFC in New Jersey.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:41 am

LordRemington wrote:Man will end up working at KFC in New Jersey.

If he´s lucky. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimateplay91 Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:21 am

Hey, I live in NJ.

ultimateplay91

Male
Spore Name : ultimateplay91

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:28 pm

ultimateplay91 wrote:Hey, I live in NJ.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend at all, mind you, I have seen a few movies where New Jersey is mocked. I have never been there, my only beef is the one I pointed out before, and that is an American tendency to call it Jersey.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescence Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:40 am

Vektrix wrote:*snip*

That always confuses me, though I've never been to Jersey or New Jersey. I just can't tell which people are talking about if they just say Jersey, though it's more than likely, where I live at least, that they're talking about New Jersey.

And on topic again. I really dislike this whole "you can sue for anything" thing going on here in America. It's stupid, annoying, and, quite frankly, a lazy person's way to try and make more money.
Iridescence
Iridescence
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : banzaibill96

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:43 am

Iridescence wrote:And on topic again. I really dislike this whole "you can sue for anything" thing going on here in America. It's stupid, annoying, and, quite frankly, a lazy person's way to try and make more money.
Complain all you want, the US was founded by a bunch of lawyers. It is in your very nature to not only question the law you made for yourselves but to milk it for its money's worth.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescence Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:57 am

True, true. never really thought of it that way.
Iridescence
Iridescence
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : banzaibill96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down