EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I manually uninstall Spore & Expansions?

Go down

How can I manually uninstall Spore & Expansions? Empty How can I manually uninstall Spore & Expansions?

Post by SuperLoki Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:43 am

Bonjour Euro. I've got a bit of a problem, and I know there's a lot of computer experts here, so I'm hoping someone can help, please? :s

I've been getting this problem for a while now... I reinstalled Spore a while back, successfully patched it, got the bot parts working and such, but Galactic Adventures refused to work. So fair enough, I tried uninstalling Spore to get everything reinstalled again, but the problem was, I couldn't uninstall it. Didn't bother me so much at the time, only now that I'm getting more ideas and my Spore is outdated for mods, it's becoming an issue.

If I try to uninstall Spore, it says I need to uninstall all expansions. If I uninstall bot parts, it says I need to uninstall Spore. http://k.min.us/ikGVeM.png

I've tried uninstalling with both Control Panel and CCleaner. Neither are working. When I first tried uninstalling, I even deleted all of the folders and it still wouldn't work (they're restored now).

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Even if I don't plan on reinstalling, it's still a huge pain not being able to uninstall something off the PC...

I'm running a Windows 7 PC, suitable for games. Haven't used Steam for Spore. Cheers.

PS: I checked the Master FAQ for this... one of the links needs to be renewed.
This is concerning. Found a guide on how to uninstall Creature Creator (basically the same steps), except I can't find one specific folder.

I think this is why my installation is fudged up.

I was in the process of manually uninstalling, but my current issue is that I can't find specific folders or the Spore registry keys. Any search I do comes up with Spore installation keys, which I doubt is what I want.

EDIT: It seems I don't even have the registry key available to delete.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down