EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comic-Con - Where's the limit?

5 posters

Go down

Comic-Con - Where's the limit? Empty Comic-Con - Where's the limit?

Post by Andeavor Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:52 am

I was always under the impression the Comic-Con was mostly for comic book geeks, the way it started, but in the past 40 years it evolved into the mecca of everything drawn, sculpted and animated. Most of the attendees are attention-seeking cosplayers while everybody involved in a TV show or film with sci-fi or fantasy elements seems inevitable to lead a big press conference.

I was always curious to visit just to see how it all plays out but I think I may be allergic to masses of people, especially when they are dressed up as fictional characters and act like they're cool because they got the costume right. I don't mind the cosplay - in fact, I'm impressed on how they've improved their near-professional costume making - I do however fear I'd get a nervous breakdown from all the hustle and bustle going on at once.

Maybe I'm just not the type to attend big events like that. I prefer to get my information afterwards on paper or online and try not to fight for attention or "fit in" with the geeks.

>>By the by, have you noticed how more and more pretty people have taken over geekdom?<<

Spoiler:

So, what is your take on Comic-Con? Have you ever attended or are planning to and where do you think the limit is to be excluded from Comic-Con?
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Comic-Con - Where's the limit? Empty Re: Comic-Con - Where's the limit?

Post by Arkanay Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:12 am

Comic-Con has never interested me much.
It all seems slightly over the top to me and I also am not that much into the main themes displayed there - but truth be told, it used to be considered way weirder and more "geek-underground" years ago. It's becoming more acceptable nowadays, as even famous people go there from time to time, according to what I've read somewhere.

I've probably heard most about comic-Con in Big Bang Theory, as they're all very happy about it. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:21 am

I follow several people on Twitter who went to Comic-Con this year, including Simon Pegg and The MythBusters crew. I got bored of it, although I am into a lot of stuff that Comic-Con is about, I have no interest in it. Incidentally, the amount of Tweets from the MB team was ridiculous.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:19 pm

Comic con and other art conventions in general interest me from the point of the art and what not. However, comic con is not really high on my list of interest.

It used to be about western comics, mainly, with a small area for manga and other genres. Comic Con became popular when a lot of the japaneese themed comics did as they started to overtake the balance of genres there and I think they now make up the majority of material in comic con.

Unfortunatly this has invited a whole hoarde of weeaboos that glomp you as soon as dare move. I hate crowds and I could see myself getting overly twitchy in a situation like this.

I admire the cosplayers that make their own stuff and put alot of time into learning how to do it, but others that just dress in similar colours and paint their face or somthing as their character, nu-uh.

Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:28 pm

Red-Indigo wrote: Unfortunately this has invited a whole hoarde of weeaboos that glomp you as soon as dare move. I hate crowds and I could see myself getting overly twitchy in a situation like this.
Weeaboos... this had me in stitches. Laughing

I hate crowds, too. Maybe we could both go, dress up as Team Rocket and fail continuously at taking over the Con.

Ark can be Meowth.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Andeavor wrote:
Red-Indigo wrote: Unfortunately this has invited a whole hoarde of weeaboos that glomp you as soon as dare move. I hate crowds and I could see myself getting overly twitchy in a situation like this.
Weeaboos... this had me in stitches. Laughing

I hate crowds, too. Maybe we could both go, dress up as Team Rocket and fail continuously at taking over the Con.

Ark can be Meowth.

Sounds like a plan Thumbs Up

Although I think extensive training is in need to avoid the hundreds of pokemon plushies that will be hurled toward us in an attempt to foil our plans. Or even worse, actual pokemon cosplayers affraid
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:53 pm

Red-Indigo wrote:Sounds like a plan Thumbs Up

Although I think extensive training is in need to avoid the hundreds of pokemon plushies that will be hurled toward us in an attempt to foil our plans. Or even worse, actual pokemon cosplayers affraid
I don't think Pokemons are allowed to attack humans... it's been ages since I last watched a Pokemon series.

We'll just send Ark after them. none
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalStarTech Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:16 am

thogh I never atended comic bon i do here good things artisticly from my local comic shop

Yes thats right I colect them and am happy to be calld a comic geek But havent u heard Geek is in
and where i stand on that is
i used to colect marvel until 2006 witch is when thay were baught out by Disney and started year long storys were you have to colect almost every comic line and folowing the plot near imposable
Thats what happens when u put ur eggs in a movie basket that has no clue
However DC was bought out by Warner Brothers Studios and havent alterd a thing good qualety comics and a good Movie making
thats were i stand

MetalStarTech
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down