EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age limit on energy drinks are now in action :/

+8
Vektrix
Blaze
Copperlou
Jakey
Icarusvogel
SuperLoki
Tyranidking
Xaesheir
12 posters

Go down

Age limit on energy drinks are now in action :/ Empty Age limit on energy drinks are now in action :/

Post by Xaesheir Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:29 pm

Energy drinks like Lucozade, Relentless, Red Bull, that Monster stuff and any other similar energy drinks have now got a minimun age requirement on them.

How did I find out? Well after I got out of the dentists, I went down to wilkinsons where I know they sell cheap Relentless cans. Now I grabbed two of them and went to pay. The cashier then told me in these exact words "Im sorry, but due to recent changes we and other supermarkets are being forced to put age restrictions on most energy drinks. The minimun age required to buy them is now 16 years of age and we may ask for ID if you appear under the age of 21".

You've got to be kidding me? I bought a can from there last week and there wasn't such a thing happening. So anyway, I showed her my ID and bought them anyway. A friend of mIne met up with me and then told me the same thing happened in Tesco's down the road, so I had to go in there and buy it for him, where yet again they near enough said the same thing.

How ridiculous Neutral Their excuses for this is something to do with Caffeine levels being too high for minors.
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : xDoomsoulx

Back to top Go down

Age limit on energy drinks are now in action :/ Empty Re: Age limit on energy drinks are now in action :/

Post by Xaesheir Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Also found out why they put a limit on it additionally. Apparently, people mix these drinks in with Vodka or similar to Vodka to make some sort of efect, like mixing it with Coca-Cola. Except it's more lethal apparently confused
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Age limit on energy drinks are now in action :/ Empty Re: Age limit on energy drinks are now in action :/

Post by Tyranidking Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:37 pm

They should never do something like that, simply because if it really is that lethal, and people are still stupid enough to do it, let them have an early grave. Why should society be restricted from a drink simply because a minority are...quite literally...drinking themselves to death?

Let them.
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:36 am

Christ... that really is pathetic.

I suppose they do have a point, though. The amount of Red Bulls I had when I was 9 could be considered bad, on account that I had the BIGGEST sugar rush EVER and nearly passed out (my fault, and my dad for not controlling me). As for people mixing drinks together with alcohol... eh. I can see understand on both sides of the argument. But to bad energy drinks altogether? And I think 16 is a bit of a high age for allowing drinks. 14 would probably be ok...
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Icarusvogel Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:54 am

I am not sure how dangerous they really are, but - I see their point.

Icarusvogel
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakey Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:11 am

People are stupid. I fully support taking the labels off everything and just letting nature take it's course.
Jakey
Jakey

Male

http://welcometointernet.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Icarusvogel Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:13 am

How irresponsible. So you really want underages to watch horror movies and get traumatised? I watched something at the age of 12, a certain cartoon my buddy found "funny"! It was circling round my head for the next three months!

Icarusvogel
Regular
Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:06 am

Icarusvogel wrote:How irresponsible. So you really want underages to watch horror movies and get traumatised? I watched something at the age of 12, a certain cartoon my buddy found "funny"! It was circling round my head for the next three months!

Now there is the obvious things which need labels, such as movies, alcohol and ciggarets as they generally bring nothing but harm to the users body and don't generally benefit in anyway (exclude movies, most of them don't leave you traumatised).

Now the thing with energy drinks is that they have never done something like this before on drinks which make huge amounts of money off of a wide range of consumers, roughly 30% of the consumers are under the age of 16. Out of that 30%, there is a saple I can estimate of 0.00001% who would abuse the drinks and use them for such things like mixing it with alcohol. They are the people who have partially brought upon this restriction and have spoiled it for everyone else.

I have been drinking lucozade since the age of 7. I have drank sensible amounts on the rare occasion when I have been treated for my good performance in school. It's near enough the same with others (although there are the unfortionate few who cannot drink it for given reasons). Now by the age of 13, I still think of it as a nice drink which is useful for rehydrating yourself during a sport (since I already knew that sitting around doing nothing then drinking it doesn't benefit you in anyway). I have never thought of mixing it with vodka and I think it's a stupid idea to mix things.

There shoudn't be an age restriction on Energy drinks, but most other labels should stay as they are for obvious reasons Wink
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Copperlou Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:05 am

Personally, I think energy drinks are really unhealthy. They're loaded with sugar and even though they give you a rush, it normally doesn't last very long and causes you to "crash" later on.

That doesn't mean I think they should put a limit on it, but I do think that many kids overdo the energy drinks.
Copperlou
Copperlou
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Female

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:24 am

I don't drink energy drinks that much
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:42 am

Wait, Lucozade is included in this debacle? Crying or Very sad

This calls for action. I don't actually like Lucozade, but it is NOT the drink that has caused the problem - Red Bull is. They shoudl force Red Bull to change it's marketing strategy (for a start is misleading and against AS)
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:03 am

It's kinda comical really, most people drink them purely for the sugar boost, and most of them don't taste great.
But it's people's choice, if they want to mix that with Vodka let them in theory according to the law people who are 16 shuldn't be able to get their hands on Vodka in the first place (although they do anyway).

I think that there needs to be more trust in young people not to do stupid things...
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Zellex Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:41 pm

I don't drink the stuff. I don't see the need for it.

Therefore, I don't really care, because I don't waste my money on it anyway.

That is all.

Unsure Don't kill me!
Zellex
Zellex
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : You know that.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Zellex

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:57 pm

I really don't think Lucozade should be banned. For one thing, it's never given me a sugar rush, or at least one that I'll remember. I drink all of these (including Coke) purely for the taste and refreshment. I don't get sugar rushes, I just get my own weird energy high without sugar, so these drinks are useless to me other than taste.

Red Bull, I can understand. It's the only drink to have ever given me a rush. Relentless, never tried it, but I know it's worse than Red Bull. These drinks, I can see reason for giving a ban.

I swear, one day, if they ban coke... All hell shall break loose from my rage D:<
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:17 pm

Most of the sugars in Lucozade are fructose (I think), which is a harder sugar for you body to break down, making it an excellent drink for sustained energy usage. Whereas red Bull uses Glucose (I think), which the body can use without breaking it down. Therefore the hit is close to immediate. That is why sportsmen use Locozade and not Red Bull.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:20 pm

The only reason they'd prevent people younger than 16 from drinking enegy drinks is probably to prevent the one or two idiots who would drink 6 or seven of them at once. I don't see why they should put an age limit on them, almost know one would drink that many and the ones who do derserve what they get for being stupid
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 pm

I suspect those that do that are generally over 16 as well. Hunf
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 pm

This doesn't involve me, I think all energy drinks are pretty disgusting...
Last night, I found out that the main ingredient in Red Bull is Taurine, the stomach lining of a cow. Ugh, I wouldnh't want to be drinking that.
But for those who do enjoy it that are under 16, not many of them probably mix it with alchohol. Not many teenagers can get their hands on any type of vodka anyways.
People just need to stop being so suspicous, like there's some kind of huge conspiracy or something.
Zaroas
Zaroas
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Zaroas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down