EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liquid Fate Redux (G.A. Adventure Series) - Part II has been released

+2
sjhorm
Arkanay
6 posters

Go down

Liquid Fate Redux (G.A. Adventure Series) - Part II has been released Empty Liquid Fate Redux (G.A. Adventure Series) - Part II has been released

Post by Arkanay Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:18 pm

Greetings, everyone.

I've decided to start remaking one of my adventure series that never got to be properly finished (still managed to get 4 parts released). The series is Liquid Fate, now Liquid Fate Redux - heavily inspired by the original, a story about a prisoner (the player) who is dispatched to spend the rest of his life alone on a Prison Raft on a completely flooded planet (the surface is all covered in water) as punishment (the crime is unknown. Or perhaps you were framed? Up to you Razz). But things won't be as dull as they seem - There are supply drop-offs delivered by a freighter to collect, sea monsters to fight and even uncover secrets about an ancient civilization that lies in ruins on the bottom of the ocean. Wink There will be much more interactions, tasks and things to explore. Smile

While I'm happy with the original series, I think it still has a few flaws and is not as good as it could have been. The Redux series is an attempt (successful so far, in my opinion) that tries to cover all issues found on the first and even take everything one step further: by making the player feel more incorporated in the harsh and lonely atmosphere, better constructions, smarter use of the editor, new objectives, etc., etc.

I'm currently working on part one and I believe it's going quite well. I will update this topic when I have more information to share and will also use it to advertise the adventure parts as they're produced. Smile

PS: While it's a remake, I'm still making everything from scratch so it'll be quite different overall. Wink

If you have any comments, suggestions or questions, I'll be happy to read them and answer if possible.

---

Liquid Fate Redux - Part I has been released. :-)

Link Part I: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500774457472

Liquid Fate Redux (G.A. Adventure Series) - Part II has been released Lfr10

Description: You are a convict who has been sent to spend life sentence alone on a prison world that is completely covered in water. Your home will be a Prison Raft. Will you succumb to the harsh environment and solitude or will you survive in such grim conditions?

Free Captain: Yes

Captain Requirements: No Captain Requirements in order to complete the Adventure

My opinion: Part I has more focus on getting the player used to the Prison Raft, its several features and basically how the world/atmosphere works. There's some action (unless you make a run for it Razz) and a few funny/interesting/mysterious aspects that should be able to keep the player entertained, including dropping off from an Energy Cage in the Prison Ship (built with building parts Razz) onto the ocean. The following Parts will be composed by much more different things, some of them mysterious and others dangerous. It won't even seem like you're in prison! Razz

Hope you enjoy it! Wink

---

Thanks to everyone who has showed interest in the series. I hope you will continue enjoying them. Wink

Liquid Fate Redux - Part II has been released. :-) Heck, I don't think I've ever worked this much in an adventure! And there was some struggling with the editor too but I believe I was able to pull out a nice creation in the end.

Link Part II: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500776461266

Liquid Fate Redux (G.A. Adventure Series) - Part II has been released Lfp211

Description: A Prison Raft’s life is not an easy one but you’ve been able to survive for several months... One day, an unforeseen event will interrupt your monotonous daily routine and it’ll be up to you to investigate the mysterious occurrence…

Captain Requirements: Captain Fighting Parts are strongly recommended for this adventure. However, you can complete it without them.

My opinion: Part II is much more mysterious and holds more things to explore. It'll likely take more time to complete, as there's more reading and looking around to do. It truly tested my ability to mess around with building parts to create a supposed "vehicle", as well as its interiors. While it's not perfect, I think it's still a decent job and believe you'll be able to enjoy it.

Hope you enjoy Part II. Smile

Last edited by Arkanay on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 am; edited 8 times in total
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Liquid Fate Redux (G.A. Adventure Series) - Part II has been released Empty Re: Liquid Fate Redux (G.A. Adventure Series) - Part II has been released

Post by sjhorm Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:19 pm

Ooh, I loved that one. I really liked the floating around.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male
Spore Name : sjhorm

Back to top Go down

Liquid Fate Redux (G.A. Adventure Series) - Part II has been released Empty Re: Liquid Fate Redux (G.A. Adventure Series) - Part II has been released

Post by Arkanay Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:22 pm

Thanks, horm. If so, then I'm quite sure you'll like the Redux even more. Very Happy I think it is turning out much better than the original, not only in construction but also in use of the editor. ^^

By the way, while it's a remake, I'm still making everything from scratch - not "fixing" the original. Just some random info. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:57 pm

Ah okay. I look forward to it. I might even open Spore again! :O
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:33 am

Liquid Fate Redux - Part I has been released. :-)

Link: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500774457472

Liquid Fate Redux (G.A. Adventure Series) - Part II has been released Lfr10

Description: You are a convict who has been sent to spend life sentence alone on a prison world that is completely covered in water. Your home will be a Prison Raft. Will you succumb to the harsh environment and solitude or will you survive in such grim conditions?

Captain Requirements: No Captain Requirements in order to complete the Adventure

My opinion: Part I has more focus on getting the player used to the Prison Raft, its several features and basically how the world/atmosphere works. There's some action (unless you make a run for it Razz) and a few funny/interesting/mysterious aspects that should be able to keep the player entertained, including dropping off from an Energy Cage in the Prison Ship (built with building parts Razz) onto the ocean. The following Parts will be composed by much more different things, some of them mysterious and others dangerous. It won't even seem like you're in prison! Razz

Hope you enjoy it! Wink
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:01 am

Already played part 1, quite enjoyable, i like the style of narration you've given to it Smile
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:03 am

I'll have to see if I can get spore running again. There haven't been many adventures that have intrigued me enough to open it, but this is one of them.
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:06 am

Thanks, Ben and horm. Smile

Ben - I'm glad you've enjoyed it. Took me several days, close to a week, to have it all set up and ready Smile including generating ideas in my head Razz

Horm - I hope you like it, Horm. ^^ Let me know your thoughts on it after.

I'll very likely start working on the second part tomorrow. Much more to happen there. Razz
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sjhorm Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:38 am

Just played it. As good as I remember.
Small spoiler I suppose,
Spoiler:
I am looking forward to the second part. Smile
sjhorm
sjhorm
EuroSpore 1975
EuroSpore 1975

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:56 am

Awesome series I seem to remember.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:34 am

It's stuff like this that almost makes me want to boot GA up for the first time in several months...

...Nah. Razz
Jeff
Jeff
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : Jeffrey94

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Vektrix wrote:Awesome series I seem to remember.

Thanks, Vektrix. I'm glad you think so. Smile
Still, I believe the Redux version is making proper justice with the adventure concept. Razz To me, it's turning out much better than the original. ^^

Jeff - Thanks, I guess. Razz

---

I'm quite happy because the adventure has managed to get a fair amount of plays, it's rated with a green face, has a few nice comments Razz and currently is in the first page of the MPN. (I think the MPN is more "corrupt" when it comes to creations that are not adventures, like creatures, vehicles and such. It's usually more calm grounds when it comes to adventures, from what I've observed) Thank you, everyone. Smile

And Part 2 currently under production. :-)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:01 am

Thanks to everyone who has showed interest in the series. I hope you will continue enjoying them. Wink

Liquid Fate Redux - Part II has been released. :-) Heck, I don't think I've ever worked this much in an adventure! And there was some struggling with the editor too but I believe I was able to pull out a nice creation in the end.

Link: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500776461266

Liquid Fate Redux (G.A. Adventure Series) - Part II has been released Lfp211

Description: A Prison Raft’s life is not an easy one but you’ve been able to survive for several months... One day, an unforeseen event will interrupt your monotonous daily routine and it’ll be up to you to investigate the mysterious occurrence…

Captain Requirements: Captain Fighting Parts are strongly recommended for this adventure. However, you can complete it without them.

My opinion: Part II is much more mysterious and holds more things to explore. It'll likely take more time to complete, as there's more reading and looking around to do. It truly tested my ability to mess around with building parts to create a supposed "vehicle", as well as its interiors. While it's not perfect, I think it's still a decent job and believe you'll be able to enjoy it.

Hope you enjoy Part II. Smile
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:11 am

Can't say I ever played the original version, so I have no basis for comparison. But this certainly looks pretty decent. I'll be sure to have a look at it next time I open Spore. Kinda nice to see Spore starting to make a bit of a comeback, actually.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Thank you, Dino. If you ever get around to do so, let me know your thoughts on it after. Smile
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:50 am

Just giving this one final bump for part II before the daily cooldown kicks in and the adventure is removed from the charts. ^^

Thanks to everyone who has played so far. I hope you've enjoyed it. Razz

Will probably start working on the third part tomorrow. I believe it will be a series of 4 or 5 parts total. Smile
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:53 am

Played Part I earlier, Ark, very nice, just how I remember it, apart from the sea creatures which attacked me whilst on the raft itself scratch
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:57 am

Hmm... That is not supposed to happen. They're only meant to appear when you're in the water and the moment you step onto the raft the act changes and they disappear. Don't understand why it failed - however, G.A. is quite buggy. scratch
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:07 am

Yeah, I'd put it down to a glitch as opposed to an error or oversight on your part. Will do Part II soon.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:28 am

I had actually foreseen this problem and did my best to avoid it by messing around with the editor and making sure the creatures would never climb on board.

I seriously don't know what happened but I hope it didn't ruin your game experience. ^^
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:30 am

Nope, my captain has wings, so I just flew out of their way and they entered the water. It was like the AI realised a mistake had been made by it.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:34 am

The A.I. was actually much tougher to work with in Part II. I had to make some of the interiors over terrain (as in, the floor is the planet's surface painted with roads on top) in order to have the creatures operational because if they're completely enveloped by buildings they just stand there, as their A.I. gets blocked. Razz

I actually think you'll prefer Part II to the first, Vektrix, probably due to its heavier story content.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down