EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror Movies

+11
LordRemington
Xaesheir
WoityuizE
MetalStarTech
flux
Arkanay
Aieru
LoD
SuperLoki
Andeavor
Mudo
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Horror Movies Empty Horror Movies

Post by Mudo Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:01 am

I'm soooooooooooooooooooo bored right now. I've got over 600 comments to approove, and I need something to do. So I'm watching the most frightening horror movie I own, the Grudge. Which brings the question, what is, (in your opinion) the most frightening movie there is, and why? So have fun with this while I do comments. Facepalm
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Mudokon117

Back to top Go down

Horror Movies Empty Re: Horror Movies

Post by Andeavor Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:14 am

Arachnaphobia Surprised

I can't get past the first five minutes of the film without jumping up checking for spiders on the couch. Therefore, I avoid it ever since.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:35 am

Well... Every horror movie I've seen, I've loved. Especially the more gorey ones, even if it's so horrific I can't watch it.

But the worst one, which I've only seen the trailer and small clips of, is The Human Centipede.

Just from the name, it sounds a little worrying, or quite funny. Oh God, it is absolutely horrific. When Jakey told me about it, I thought it would be fun to watched. I was freaked out by the trailer, and then at his house, he showed me and a friend a few clips of it as he has the whole movie. We were sickened, which is saying a lot for us, considering the things we have seen and know.

I really don't reccomend anyone watching it D: As far as I know, it's not graphic, and you don't see alot. But to imagine what the characters are going through, and that someone imagined this, it's kinda sick. The sequel is even worse...
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudo Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:43 am

(Break from comments) I've actually heard of the Human Centipeed. Ummm... I thought it was a comedy. O.O I might need a link to that trailer Beccs.
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:49 am

I thought it was a comedy too. It's serious shizz, and it's quite worrying, espeically that anyone ever thought it up Laughing

I think you could find it easily on YouTube/Google. I can't imagine many movies with a similar name, other than The Human Centipede 2 *shivers*
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LoD Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:55 am

Teletubbies. Sad Really Scary show even though it's not a movie!

LoD
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : "LoD"

Back to top Go down

Post by Aieru Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:59 am

LoD wrote:Teletubbies. Sad Really Scary show even though it's not a movie!

Would you believe that was exactly what I was thinking of? Laughing
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudo Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:59 am

OMG I just looked it up, and the worst thing is, that the crazy doctor is the same guy who plays the villian in my favorite TV show! (The show has been over for some time) I've yet to find any really frightening clips, as copyrights are keeping alot of it off of youtube. I'm going to do a bit more research... (It's like a trainwreck, now I can't stop looking!)
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:01 am

In that case, I'll PM you what I know.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudo Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:05 am

Thanks. ... I think. Shocked
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:08 am

I'm sorry, but the Grudge is a comedy Razz

Well, a cool movie series in the horror/mystery genre, IMO is the Saw series. They're all pretty cool put together and, even though don't make you jump from your chair, actually make you think for a while and go "AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... Now I get it!" at the end, where you get an enormous feel of self-acomplishment Razz

But that's my humble opinion Very Happy

Go, go Jigsaw Cool

Hello, Clark and Stanley. I want to play a game... Horror Movies 558273
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by flux Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:00 pm

jacobs ladder
alien ( the 1st one)
the innocents (1950's)
The thing (1984)
the host ( korean )
delicatesant ( french i think)
event horizon
nosferatu (kinski's version) (a proper vampire not one of these modern emotional ones)
day of the dead
28 days later
flux
flux
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalStarTech Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:50 pm

fist Telitubies are not fightning thay mess with your head make u think your on crack & are in my mind a bunch of sick pervs who mate with a hover Hang on when u put it that way kill them before you end up in the nut factory

i have 1 rule in movies never watch a remake thet hashes a classic there never as good even if it is a buster
Now these i have scene and are all musts
Arachnophobia
Halloween classic
The Wickerman classic
Dracula 1942
Bram Stokers Dracula
Night of & Dawn of The Living Dead
Alien
King Kong Classic
28 Days Latter
I Know what you did Last Simmer (not a must but hay i like it)
The Ring
American Werewolf in London
It

Last edited by MetalStarTech on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

MetalStarTech
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:56 pm

MetalStar,

The Crazies was a remake of the old classic one and it was very good =)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalStarTech Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:39 pm

i get u but u got to admit remake a clasic is like coppcat and lacks that extra spark in that the original has i meen remake Halloween Friday the 13 th and Nightmare on Elm St there cult but remkses will fade trust me look at War of the worlds Time Machine youd think the lot hadnt red the books bid explosive blockbuster but the souls gone truth is Hollywoods they sold it for a oscar and a drippy icecream and there running short on new ideas so its remake old i meen i caught a bit of Nick Cage in The Wickerman and it made me want to kill the guy and i like his movies Con Air for one anyone argue outherwise is out of there mind

define itoney a bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band who died in a plane crash (Con Air)

Last edited by MetalStarTech on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

MetalStarTech
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:44 pm

I know what you mean and you do have a point :b

Some remakes are just not worth it.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WoityuizE Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:21 pm

Ok, so I'm to be hornest Very Happy
I've never seen a horro movie, that scared me, ok I've had a chock or two, but I've seen so many movies, so I can tell before a scary scene comes....

Ok well some of the Cool horrors are here:

The moest important horror movie!

Night of the living death, calssic. This one was the first horror movie ever created! This is actually really cool, the zombies are in fact more realistic than in many never movies!Smile MUST SEE!

Scarry:

Gothica, this one rocks^^

Shutter Iseland, not reriously scary, but it's cool:)

28 days later(nr 1), 28 weeks later(nr 2) cool films, some great chocks:) (Zombies)

Dawn of the deaths, this one is a must see!Very Happy (zombie)

Night whatch(nr 1), Day whatch(nr 2) some russian horrors, cool (vampires)

Sci Fi horror:

2001 - a spaceoddesy, funny movie, quiet old, so it might get a bit borring HALL2000"I am dieng, I can feel it...I can feel it, I am dieng";see what I mean?^^

Alien, it contains a few good choking effects!Very Happy

Pandorum, this is the best scifi horror, ever! I just love it^^

Funny:

Saw III,IV,V(the best ones^^), Ive never had a problem with saw, i dont understand people that are afraid of this...There was this one time some friends and I saw this movie. There was Pizza, but noone else than me ate it..? I mean come on!Wink

Darkstar, A scifi commedy horror Smile This one is also a bit old, but one thing is sure, you wront get scared, the monsters are badingballs that are painted!Smile

Rob zombie movies(he wrote a great song called "Dragula")

Bad ass (I think that is the name) 1 and 2, they are quiet fun:) dont ow them myself, saw it at a friends:)
WoityuizE
WoityuizE
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : WoityuizE

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/WoityuizE

Back to top Go down

Post by flux Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:54 pm

WoityuizE night of the living dead was not one of the first horror movies, im not sure what was but there are 1930's horror movies and probably some before that. saying that is a is a great film and one of the best Smile
flux
flux
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudo Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:53 am

Lol, after finishing the Grudge, I realized how truly... mellow it was. Didn't scare me at all. (lol, maybe I've had too much UBD) But a few entries here have been pretty cool.

I gotta say, the most horrifying thing about Saw is the fact that is makes soooooooooooooooo much money. I mean, sure, its kinda philosophical, and kinda frightening at times, but it's bassically just an excuse to see people getting horribly tortured, which although can be entertaining at times, Shocked isn't really that frightening. I mean, look at that movie, (I think it was called) Hostel. Nothing but torture throughout.

@Woit: "Pandorum, this is the best scifi horror, ever! I just love it^^"

Oh noes! I hated that movie! x_x I thought it was going to be amazing, but it was a huge letdown if you ask me. I didn't think much, (If any) was creative, or realistic. The ending plot twist was so predictable. Sad Oh well, I've seen many worse ones, I was just very dissapointed by it. I wanted it to be epic, but it really let me down. And LOL, 2001 is DEFINETLY not a horror, but it was probably about the most amazing movie ever made. 2010 was excellent as well.

Horror remakes are usually pretty bad, but not all remakes are terrible. Just look at "The Day the Earth Stood Still." Both of them were amazing, but in totally different ways.
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:57 am

I haven't seen the classic of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" but the remake was quite good, in my opinion.

Well, Hostel isn't really a horror movie. It's more a disgusting movie Razz Yeah, Saw has some disgusting scenes too but my favourite part of it is how Jigsaw works with the mind-games/traps, etc.

I've seen a little of that Space Odyssey on tv. It was a little bit boring, from what I could tell, so I changed the channel. But then I got curious, because it's a genre of film I like, so I went to check about on the internet and apparantly is a very epic flick 0.0
Been wanting to watch it since then :b
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aieru Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:58 am

Shaun of the Dead is fun. It' s not really Horror, but more a combination of comedy and Horror. Smile
Aieru
Aieru
EuroSpore 1954
EuroSpore 1954

Male
Spore Name : AapBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudo Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:03 am

Lol, Shaun of the Dead was good, but Zombieland was better. Wink Horror-Comedy is an amazing thing.

And ya, Space Odessy is actually extremely boring if you're not in the right state of mind. Definetly not something you'd just want to pop in and watch.
I dunno if I've really watched enough of Saw to judge. The only one I ever watched all the way through was Saw III, and that was a bit odd for me. Freezing naked women, drowning in rotting pigs, twisting arms... just not my thing I guess. I did enjoy the end though, in a twisted, not-enjoyed-at-all, kinda way. With the main charactar dooming himself and his kid. confused
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:05 am

Hehe, perhaps you should watch the first then Razz

Saw I and II are the best, but they're all great overall Razz

I also liked "Number 23" (more fun than horror Very Happy) And "Room 1408" (pretty cool, IMO)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudo Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:11 am

I heard about 23, I've been wanting to see it for some time. And Agreed, 1408 was great, the plot twist made me about pee myself the first time I watched it.

Actually, just about anything from Steven King is amazing, written or Movie. My favorite horror movie of all time is "The Mist" from Steven King. Anybody seen it?
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:14 am

I've seen the Mist.

Awesome film... until the end.

When I saw the end I wanted to murder the tv with a chair =|