EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think people aren't noticing me

+8
Arkanay
B1ack_Blob
Forti4
SuperLoki
Tyranidking
bmpalmann
MarkyDMan
Blaze
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I think people aren't noticing me Empty I think people aren't noticing me

Post by Blaze Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:13 am

This is a situation to xDoomsoulx

Like him, I feel people are forgetting about me and my creations. Even though I did take over a month break, even before than people aren't commenting and rating my stuff anymore. I'm lucky to even get a low blue face nowadays. My whole first page of my latest stuff on SporeQuality is all yellow faced.

I get about 2 comments a day now, when I usually get 10-15 a day. I'm lucky to get even 4 comments on my creations. Am I getting worse? Am I getting less popular? I also noticed I'm losing subscribers rapidly. I've lost 5 in almost a week.

Here's my latest creation, hopefully it gets more comments and rates.

Waterfall Dragon
I think people aren't noticing me 500652496632_lrg
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Blazeer

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Blazeer

Back to top Go down

I think people aren't noticing me Empty Re: I think people aren't noticing me

Post by MarkyDMan Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:18 am

I have the same problem. Just I got 3 comments in 6 weeks. I most likely suck, although that's my opinion.
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:18 am

Hey, i managed to comment on some of your stuff.
I think this problem is more wide spread than you'd think. I have to do much more commenting than i used to in order to get the odd reply.
I find that luckily i do have a group of subs who do support me on a regular basis.

I think the only way to get through this is by making an exclamation mark saying you want to kill yourself or say you want to kill Maxis, it'll top the MPN for sure... Razz
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:22 am

@Ben: i dont wanna go tht far aha

The thing is out of my 285 now subscribers, only 3 or 4 actually comment. In order to get comments i have to comment on every creation on the MPN pages 1 and 2. Then I get maybe 5 or 6 back at the MOST.
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:23 am

Don't worry blaze. You haven't reached my low. 46 subs, barely any active, none that comment, 1 comment a month, and a heap load of disappointment on my behalf Sad
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:25 am

Blaze, i found that most of my comments come outside of my subscribers.
On average to hit first page at the moment i'm having to comment on the majority of spaceship and vehicle creations up to about page 7.
As for some reason vehicle and spaceship creators tend to reply to comments if you've made a vehicle or spaceship, whilst if you do the same principle for creatures, it seems to fail
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:27 am

Woo, I'm the record holder with 198 subs and 1 comment a month! ^^

That said, I am completely inactive for the most part and don't care about fame, so technically I'm not the record holder....

As I say, I'm buddied to you both, but I do not comment because when I am on, I'm creating for myself Razz I'm very inactive Razz
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:28 am

You should try spaceships, Blaze Smile On the other hand, Ben, that didn't work in my case, so I'm not sure whether it will work for Blaze. You are probably one of my highest commenters, even though you comment rarely. None of the rest of the vehicle/spaceship creators even KNOW me. So commenting and expecting a reply might only work in cases like yours, where you're well known.
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:33 am

You guys all worry about fame, comments and ratings waayyy too much Sad I know it's nice to get feedback on your creations, but you have this entire forum to look to for that. You should play Spore because you want to have fun, not because you want to be known...
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:35 am

I guess fun is part of it, but I just want to know what I make is appreciated
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:37 am

MarkyDMan wrote:I guess fun is part of it, but I just want to know what I make is appreciated

Part of it? The fun is most of it Very Happy The appreciation is just words. The game is the amusement.
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:50 am

Becca you've achieved a huge level of fame already (maybe too much for your liking (stalkers etc)) but you can't say that you didn't want to achieve it when you only had a few subs.
But i do create for enjoyment. Getting recognition for hard work is a good feeling, for example my entry for Luckyburdock's contest was extremely difficult to make but is the most fun i've had creating for a while. Although i doubt many people have actually looked at the interior of my IFV yet... ah well
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:57 am

Of course I did. It was all completely new, and for a while, I wanted more. But no one told me what happens after, and never did I expect to get 500 subs, let alone 5000. Horribly overrated, but there we have it. And I'm ashamed it's taken me this long to get over the whole fame thing and try to enjoy Spore.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:02 am

I'm like you were when you started off. With 45 subs, I just want to be known
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forti4 Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:03 am

SuperLoki wrote:Of course I did. It was all completely new, and for a while, I wanted more. But no one told me what happens after, and never did I expect to get 500 subs, let alone 5000. Horribly overrated, but there we have it. And I'm ashamed it's taken me this long to get over the whole fame thing and try to enjoy Spore.
BTW do read all your comments? Shocked
Forti4
Forti4

Male
Spore Name : Forti4

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:04 am

Well, Marky, one of the best ways is to join lots of contests and clubs then. But don't change how you create because someone else wants you to.

Forti- Yes I do. I don't get as many comments as people think anymore. Like everyone else, most of my subs are innactive.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by B1ack_Blob Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:50 am

I never had a problem getting comments i guess. The biggest thing is just getting your creation noticed, whether thats having a group of creators that comment on eachother's stuff or posting your work in the forum. I noticed that if i get a few rates and comments early after the creation is made it will get a lot more recognition.

Though like I said, I always got a lot of comments, just not a lot of subs. Neutral

Also, like I said in doom's thread, if you keep your stuff unique and creative, your never gonna have a problem with getting noticed.

B1ack_Blob
B1ack_Blob

Male
Spore Name : B1ack_Blob

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:46 am

Blaze, you should try messing with a different style of creations.

Most of your creations have the similar face and they don´t look original. I can understand that people don´t pay much attention to them.

And remember, if you want people to look at your stuff, they probably want you to look at theirs too.

And like Rebecca said, one should focus more on creating and being happy with the result, instead of what others might think.
Having this said, if you want to keep making the same face for your creations, go ahead. Just don´t expect them to move further in the fame scale.

Just relax and have fun.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:30 am

Agree with Arkanay above, there is too many dragon-based CopperLouish creations in Spore already.

I must say, that I disagree with Rebecca, getting famous have to be fun. I got around 700 subscribers now, and I still working to reach my 1000 subscriber mark =)

...And if the MPN feature was better, then It would be fun to be on the top of that as well.
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:14 am

SuperLoki wrote:Of course I did. It was all completely new, and for a while, I wanted more. But no one told me what happens after, and never did I expect to get 500 subs, let alone 5000. Horribly overrated, but there we have it. And I'm ashamed it's taken me this long to get over the whole fame thing and try to enjoy Spore.

I didn't expect to get over 100 but saying that now, i think i'd be happy with 1000, i know it sound portentous but it's, in my head at least a good figure. But if i stop enjoying spore then i'll simply quit.
Mind you comments are much better than subs, they're actual interactions and critiques.
@BB: i've always thought of doing you an ad, but then i think about it and i'd just end up blurring the line between inspiration and copying confused
There are a lot of underrated creators out there, and from my experience at least the most skilled of these underrated creators are vehicle and ship creators, but i'm not biased at all Razz
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:52 am

i guess ur all right. the thing is though, to me its pointless making good creations if nobody even notices them
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:56 am

Blaze wrote:i guess ur all right. the thing is though, to me its pointless making good creations if nobody even notices them

If you are creating for others, then you'll probably find yourself dissapointed.

If you start creating for yourself, then things might change.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:00 am

thaz wat i did yesterday with my waterfall dragon, and only a few ppl still noticed it
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am

Blaze wrote:thaz wat i did yesterday with my waterfall dragon, and only a few ppl still noticed it

If you are worried about that, then you're still creating for others Razz

By the way, I'm not saying it's a bad thing to create to be reckognized. Practically everyone that shares their creations does it so others can see their work.
But don't let yourself get caught on the fact that you don't get enough views/comments. Just try to advertise when possible, comment on others things, etc.

Try to focus more in yourself being happy with what you make and improve from experience.

But that's, of course, just my opinion.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:07 am

I guess so, I worked long and hard on that creation and expected something out of it. I didnt even get a blut face on it. That bugged me cause thaz prob one of my best if not my best work.

I don't know
Blaze
Blaze
Delegate
Delegate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content