EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

+62
Issenkraal
Walker Laocyan
95razor73
WoityuizE
Lord_Lonestar
Red-Indigo
Greyskull
Mudo
Billith
flux
Lumorei
Drew980
MilkAndCookies
Kevin92
MarkyDMan
War
UltimateZob
Dormin
OneDeadSlime
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
stgermaine
world_piece
Iridescence
Illusionary
demonic790
jellyman12
Vereor
Gen
Shiny_Glass
Aieru
Copperlou
Descardion
Shadow
sjhorm
PlasmaManiac
B1ack_Blob
kyle_r93
Aletrius
Trick
ArticShock
Hutch
Shardna
Sakiara
cwar
Vektrix
Zellex
ArsDraconis
SSJ3_Raditz
Blaze
Zaroas
TrickatelFailsAtPasswords
bmpalmann
Icedmask
MetalStarTech
Forti4
TyrannoFan
SuperLoki
Andeavor
LordRemington
geekus_sapiens
LoD
Arkanay
66 posters

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 37 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by Andeavor Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:41 am

I would agree with you on that, Ark, but I've gotten to understand how the American film industry works during my studies.

American movie goers are vastly different to Europeans; they want to go into a movie understanding the language, the plot and leaving with a satisfied "happy ending". Most Europeans films that end vaguely would not make it in the US. It's very hard to even get a DVD of a European film unless it is made by a very famous director or if it has been imported on popular demand.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male
Spore Name : Andeavor

Back to top Go down

Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see? - Page 37 Empty Re: Movie Discussion - What movies did you just see?

Post by Icedmask Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:45 am

Andeavor wrote:American movie goers are vastly different to Europeans; they want to go into a movie understanding the language, the plot and leaving with a satisfied "happy ending".

...And that's why I am so much more into European movies then the latest Hollywood-mainstream-totally predictable-thing.
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:43 am

I've just watched the last Harry Potter movie. It was actually much better than I thought. I liked it a lot more than Part I and I think it was a very rich story with great graphics - Best dragon I've ever seen. Thumbs Up

And Snape is the coolest character. Cool
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:46 am

^^ I watched it, too. I can now die happy. Smile
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:23 am

Am I allowed to say "Harry Potter? Big whoop, avoiding it like the plague!" ?

I shall now prepare for incoming hate posts Laughing
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by 95razor73 Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:13 am

Been in the cinema today watching harry potter Mr Green
95razor73
95razor73

Male
Spore Name : 95Razor73

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:32 am

Inception.

I have no words to say...
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:32 am

Splice.

A disturbing sci-fi/horror movie. Not bad but slightly predictable towards the end.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Vektrix wrote:Am I allowed to say "Harry Potter? Big whoop, avoiding it like the plague!" ?

I completely understand your standpoint. If possible, I avoid the whole Potter-craze myself, I'm only interested in the story and how it played out on film. I never read any of the books - well, I skimmed through the first one, when my English teacher insisted but I put all my focus on the films, which I've always watched on my own time.

Also, call me fahrbot, but I feel I have a special connection to Harry Potter himself. Not only are we about the same age (3 1/2 months...), when I was in my early teens, I always wished I had magical abilities and that my whole existence was intertwined with an otherworldly fate. With the HP films, I get to live out at least part of that fantasy. awesome
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:36 pm

Andrew Potter musn´t go to Sporumwarts this year.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 95razor73 Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:54 pm

By the way, the new Potter movie was much better than I expected...
Good Work Mr.Yates! Worthy
95razor73
95razor73

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:31 am

Vektrix wrote:Am I allowed to say "Harry Potter? Big whoop, avoiding it like the plague!" ?

Get your pitch forks and wizard hats ready guys, we're on a muggle hunt Razz

But in all honesty, I've pretty much ignored the whole potter thing. We read the first book as a class and I went on to read the second and third one but after that I lost interest. They aren't bad books but I just feel the hype is so over the top with it all!

However, I do want to see the last film, mainly for the CGI in it, plus the dragon looked like it would be fun awesome
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:56 am

The dragon is honestly the best I've ever seen. It looks really cool. Thumbs Up
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:04 am

Anyone saw in the trailer (so hardly a spoiler), when Voldemort and Harry fell off a cliff? THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : warmslime / SporeMasterSlime

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:20 am

Slime,
Spoiler:
I haven´t seen the trailer, but maybe that was it?

If that wasn´t it, then it was probably a mistake. One of The Road´s trailers shows a scene of a guy with an axe and that actually isn´t in the movie, so it wouldn´t be the first time.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:39 am

OneDeadSlime wrote:Anyone saw in the trailer (so hardly a spoiler), when Voldemort and Harry fell off a cliff? THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN.
They changed the location of the last duel for the film as many other things and needed a transition.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:41 am

The "last duel" in the book was ridiculous, truth be told.
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:46 am

I didn't read the book so I can't tell. I did like the film version though. It was a bit anticlimactic but it showed how they were equally powerful until the end.
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 95razor73 Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:40 am

the final duel wasn't even that bad... of course it could have been made much more damatically, but Ilike the duel in the book as well as the duel in the movie.
95razor73
95razor73

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneDeadSlime Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:26 am

SPOILER:
Spoiler:
OneDeadSlime
OneDeadSlime
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:52 am

Spoiler:
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 95razor73 Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:51 am

Spoiler:
95razor73
95razor73

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 am

Serenity.

Not bad but not that great either. I thought it would be slightly better. Still worth watching if you're into space thingies but do not expect too much of it. It has its funny moments, though.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:58 pm

@Ark. Agreed with that. I saw it a few years ago. Admittedly I never watched the tv show "Fireflies", but still I felt the movie was rather meh. Apparently the show is pretty good though.

Watched "The nightmare before christmas". Haven't seen it in a long time. It probably the only musical I've ever really enjoyed and the only stop-motion movie I've ever enjoyed. Very good movie.
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Andeavor Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:00 pm

LordRemington wrote:Watched "The nightmare before christmas". Haven't seen it in a long time. It probably the only musical I've ever really enjoyed and the only stop-motion movie I've ever enjoyed. Very good movie.
Uhm... it's July. Unsure
Andeavor
Andeavor
Euro Administrator
Euro Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next