EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<<

+18
Vektrix
Shardna
Hutch
Dino589
sjhorm
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
jellyman12
Illusionary
Andeavor
Pikachu
LordRemington
Shadow
bmpalmann
MarkyDMan
Dormin
SuperLoki
Trick
Arkanay
22 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<< Empty Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<<

Post by Arkanay Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 am

Greetings, everyone.

Paranormal Week is a topic to discuss abnormal, strange and curious themes.
It's similar to Ben's Debate thread in the aspect that I will give a new subject to talk about every now and then. It will most likely be updated every weekend, unless there's a good discussion going on - Then it will last a little longer.

You're more than welcome to share your opinions on the current matter, as well as suggest topics for later discussion.

Note that most of the themes that will likely be discussed here are very likely considered fake by most of us. Nonetheless, it could be interesting to talk about its background, people's behavior towards it, etc.

Have fun

The first topic of Paranormal discussion was:

"Big Foot"

The second topic of Paranormal discussion was:

"Chupacabra"

The third topic of Paranormal discussion was:

"Bermuda Triangle"

The fourth topic of Paranormal discussion was:

"Area 51"

The fifth topic of Paranormal discussion was:

"Mediumship"

The Sixth topic of Paranormal discussion was:

"The Mothman"

The Seventh topic of Paranormal discussion was:

"Skinwalkers"

The Eighth topic of Paranormal discussion was:

"The Dover Demon"

The Ninth topic of Paranormal discussion was:

"Spring-heeled Jack"

This week's topic of Paranormal discussion is:

The Jersey Devil

Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<< Jersey_Devil_Philadelphia_Post_1909

This strange chicken goat like creature was first supposedly spotted in 1735, however mass sightings did not begin until the 19th century.

Descriptions vary, but these are the most commonly cited attributes:

* about three-and-a-half feet high
* a head like a collie dog and a face like a horse
* a long neck
* wings about two feet long
* back legs like those of a crane
* horse's hooves
* walks on its back legs and holds up two short front legs with paws on them

Last edited by Arkanay on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:33 pm; edited 6 times in total
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<< Empty Re: Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<<

Post by Trick Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 am

I remember when Becks posted all her paranormal experiences on a thread. It scared the shi* out of me Laughing
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male
Spore Name : bobmarleyrulz

Back to top Go down

Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<< Empty Re: Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<<

Post by SuperLoki Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:12 am

Trickatel wrote:I remember when Becks posted all her paranormal experiences on a thread. It scared the shi* out of me Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<< 381110
*cough* Unsure shall I post again? >:3
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:13 am

SuperLoki wrote:
Trickatel wrote:I remember when Becks posted all her paranormal experiences on a thread. It scared the shi* out of me Paranormal Week - >>The Jersey Devil<< 381110
*cough* Unsure shall I post again? >:3

I'm not that much of a pu**y now Razz
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dormin Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:15 am

Um....it's a man in an ape suit. Or an ape in a man suit. Razz

Dormin
Dormin
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Possum95

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:16 am

Erm, back on topic, please. And mind the language.

I'll start off.

While I do not believe Big Foot exists, I used to find entertaining to spook my younger cousin with BF stories when we went on family walks near the woods.
She didn't believe most of it, but it still got her a little nervous and thinking twice before walking into Nature itself alone. Razz

Imagination + Fear can sure get the best out of people. That's how I believe most of these myths came to "exist".
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:17 am

Trick: *meow*

Me: FURRY!!!!

Anyways, people who hunt for big foot make me laugh at how fail their lives are
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:17 am

-Are you the kind that would like to go on a Big Foot hunt?

I would, but I wouldn't expect anything out of the ordinary to happen. If something did though, it would be creepily interesting.

@Ark: And the unknown.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dormin Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:20 am

I'm not sure what to think. Either some of them exist, or some of them don't.

The Dover demon scares me. Bigfoot not so much. He's fuzzy. Razz
Dormin
Dormin
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:47 am

The Dover Demon isn't that scary imo.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dormin Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:50 am

I'm kinda freaked by small pale things with big eyes.

By hunting Bigfoot, do you mean shoot and stuff em', or tracking him down?
Dormin
Dormin
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:51 am

Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, is purportedly an ape-like creature that inhabits forests, mainly in the Pacific Northwest region of North America. Bigfoot is usually described as a large, hairy, bipedal humanoid. The term "sasquatch" is an anglicized derivative of the word "Sésquac" which means "wild man" in a Salish Native American language.[2]

A majority of scientists discount the existence of Bigfoot and consider it to be a combination of folklore, misidentification, and hoax,[3] rather than a legitimate animal, in part because some estimate large numbers necessary to maintain a breeding population.[4][5] A small minority of accredited researchers such as Jane Goodall and Jeffrey Meldrum have expressed interest and possible belief in the creature [6] with Meldrum expressing the opinion that evidence collected of alleged Bigfoot encounters warrants further evaluation and testing.[7] Nevertheless, Bigfoot remains one of the more famous and controversial examples of a cryptid within cryptozoology and an enduring legend.

Source and More info ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoot
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:54 am

Track him down see if he exists. I think Razz
I think their might be such a thing as a Yeti, because that's in a really remote part of the world, but i think Bigfoot is a farce.
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : bmpalmann/ Remyxomatosis

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:55 am

Not c and p'ing at all Ark Razz

Yeti's would be interesting, though I think their size (if they exist) would be far smaller than in the movies.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:01 am

I agree with Trick on the Yeti front. The reason i think Bigfoot doesn't exist is that it's meant to be in North America.
Why does the geographical location matter?
My reasoning is that there are people looking for Bigfoot, in an area that hasn't really churned up any interesting biological discoveries.
I mean the Himalayas have given an interesting discovery very recently, tigers actually live in those mountains, higher up in fact than many scientists thought possible.
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:06 am

I read about that Ben, it's thought that due to global changes animals are moving into areas where humans will be less likely to find them. The squid are taking over complete areas of the ocean as they can breath in parts where other predators struggle, allowing them to eat at their leisure.
Shadow
Shadow
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : alien7249

http://www.daac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:09 am

There are theories Shadow that suggest that the Tigers have been there for a fairly long time now. And if something like that can survive at that altitude undiscovered for any period of time, it does make the possibility of a Yeti more likely.
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:09 am

bmpalmann wrote:i think Bigfoot is a farce.

As Chris Tucker would say in Rush Hour:

James Carter: Lee, let me introduce you to Carter's new theory of criminal investigation: follow the rich white man.
Lee: Follow the rich white man?
James Carter: Behind every big crime there's a rich white man waiting for his cut.

Razz

I do believe most people that milk money at the expense of others in Big Foot cases are aware the creature is not real.

In other word, Scammers.

Yetis... Would be interesting (and funny) if they existed. Mini, white King Kongs.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:10 am

Maybe the Yeti are Albino humans who are more in touch with their "wild side"
Shadow
Shadow
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : alien7249

http://www.daac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:20 am

If Bigfoot was indeed real and discovered, what do you think it would happen?

Would it be all kept secret for studies? Would they display the creature in exchange of large quantities of money? Would extremist groups try to protect it, resorting to violence?

What if there was a whole city of Bigfeet underground? Surprised

Last edited by Arkanay on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:20 am

Well I talked with Bigfoot the other day. He's pretty certain of his own existence.

Though seriously, there is no bigfoot. For bigfoot to still exist in present day, they would need to have a larger population, large enough, that human encounters would be inevitable and yet, people only seem to see them when they are walking alone or in a small group, no large groups.

I find they yeti more interesting. The yeti supposabley has the power to turn invisible Shocked
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Trick Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:21 am

The media will do what they do best - make an enormous story out of it, and get what they love - money.
Trick
Trick
EuroSpore 1992
EuroSpore 1992

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:32 am

Arkanay wrote:If Bigfoot was indeed real and discovered, what do you think it would happen?

Would it be all kept secret for studies? Would they display the creature in exchange of large quantities of money? Would extremist groups try to protect it, resorting to violence?

What if there was a whole city of Bigfeet underground? Surprised

If discovered to be real. People will become more determined to prove the existence of every other folk lore creature.

They would most likely try and keep it secret for a time, then maybe eventually release details of it when they know enough about bigfoot. And of course they would exploit them. Most likely they would end up in zoos. and yes, PETA would be all over that case Razz
LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by bmpalmann Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:23 am

It's obvious guys, you've all been staring the truth in the face! Facepalm
Bigfoot would appear on reality TV shows, and write an autobiography before eventually becoming a professional dancer.
bmpalmann
bmpalmann
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyDMan Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:29 am

Then BigFoot would start up a charity for kids with size 17+ shoes, and appear in numerous charity performances to hone his stand-up comedic skills. He would then appear on Live at the Apollo, before shortly becoming depressed at many failed relationships with girls 30 years younger than him.
MarkyDMan
MarkyDMan
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : MarkyDMan......obviously :D
Location : Surfing the web... Awesome Points: 99,453,475,463,208,543 Mood: Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next