EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you working on in GA?

+7
ArticShock
Lord_Lonestar
Kevin92
Shardna
LordRemington
Arkanay
Red-Indigo
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you working on in GA?

Post by WoityuizE Sat May 21, 2011 7:37 pm

Thx Red:D - yeah It'll be a little tough, but my last school day is in 1 1/2 week(wow sounds so short now! Very Happy) So I'll get plenty of time only for this adventures series - and Sportal(will be working mostly with the residents Wink)
Sounds good Lonestar4 - what's your nickname?Smile I'm gonna linkt to the first episode as soon as its up;) - tho still strugling with naturish designs.
Btw red, I actually made some scematics of the life pods for the residents, pretty much the same idea where the pods is inside some plant looking wall thingy Very Happy but its a good idea, nice for small crafts on the larger ships wow this adventure is gonna take a loog time creating, but It'll be nice in the end:D
WoityuizE
WoityuizE
Regular
Regular

Male
Spore Name : WoityuizE

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/WoityuizE

Back to top Go down

What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you working on in GA?

Post by Dino589 Tue May 24, 2011 9:55 am

Taking a minor detour from things (I find it helps keeps things fresher and allows me to catch things to edit quicker). A couple things from British television series Primeval. I actually had a go at making some creatures from it in Spore a while ago, though I don't know what lately I have been suddenly struck by inspiration to try and remake a couple. Might have something to do with the fact that the new season is starting soon--tomorrow, actually (or today, depending on your timezone).

Alright, story time.
So, I was walking around the woods when I stumbled across this whacked-out thing.
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-05-22_22-26-16
(Because hey, what would Primeval content be without an Anomaly? For comparison, this page has a whole bunch of pics of them. I think mine looks much closer to the ones seen in Season 4 than the previous seasons.)

Well then, imagine my surprise when out of it jumped...
...My attempt at the raptor from over two years ago!
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-05-22_22-40-44

Well thankfully it was a simple job getting rid of it. But then came...
...An updated version!
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-05-22_22-28-17

I think it found the lightning attack to be an...electrifying experience. Oh yeah, and then a second one appeared too.
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-05-22_22-32-13

Well, nothing a good ol' pulse blaster can't fix.
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-05-22_22-33-14

And that's it for now. The raptor is still very much a WIP and requires some modifications to the build as well as much tinkering with the paint (grr, it has such a difficult pattern for Spore's capabilities). The character is the captain from my WIP dino hunting adventure. The map is by Red-Indigo, though after finding a location I liked I swapped out the trees and tweaked the paint. If anyone is wondering how the anomaly itself is built: strategic and mad layering of effects (which, thankfully, means that it eats up less than a single dot of complexity). Lol in Build Mode it looks like this:
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-05-22_22-23-09

Anyone have some good modern-era (or older--one episode this season takes place in Victorian-era London, and a previous one during medieval times) buildings, vehicles, and props (or even better yet an actual map)? I think it might interesting to have a go at a few more creatures and see how they look in another setting like that.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Red-Indigo Tue May 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Unfortunatley, no. Andeavor might though Razz I liked that show when it came out, never really kept up with it though.

Yay! My map Smile That's the prehistoric one, right? Glad someone is editing it, excited to see this finished now! Good luck with it.

I laughed at the in editor anomaly, all those effects! Looks great in play, but I can imagine its a real nightmare in the editor.
Red-Indigo
Red-Indigo
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Female
Spore Name : Orbixitron

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:08 pm

*wipes dust off topic*

I almost can't believe I'm still making crap for this game lol. But anyway, I have some new odds and ends.

Oh, hey, Spore has little dragonflies? Well, not exactly, but it does now.
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-07-07_15-55-53
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-07-07_15-56-39
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-07-07_15-57-49
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-07-07_15-58-43
When scaled to the smallest size, they actually aren't too bad in terms of scale when placed next to other stuff, and as you can see they look quite good. And they have moving wings, which helps. But how are they able to be able to get so small? Look at how tiny they are in the editor! You do not know the meaning of fine detailing until you try making something so minuscule.
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-07-07_15-25-18
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_GIF_2011-07-07_15-25-36
They also have a red variant that flies a bit lower to the ground.

And what are they for? Some of you might remember that old Jurassic adventure I was working on a while back. Well, development has still been going on on that, and more recently it has received a major makeover. It looks totally different now, and many of the creatures in it that remain unuploaded also received major renovations. To that end, a small assortment of new creatures have been "integrated" as well. Man, it looks so different now but is so much better. Still need to add the "story mode" but aside from that it is readily nearing completion. While I was at it the AI got completely redone. It still has some bugs, but right now is pretty cool not to mention some of the stuff it is capable of you might (or might not, whatev) think I'd be mad for trying to pull it off with Spore's dinky AI. But hey, I decided to shoot high with it and it worked out. So I'll have more stuff to show and talk about that more later, in the meantime, enjoy this picture which is currently serving as the cover pic. I don't know, I thought it looked kinda pretty.
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-07-11_20-48-03

Oh yeah, and we all love Spore's glitches, right? Well, how do you like this jumbo-sized tree that randomly occured (there actually was supposed to be a tree there, except somehow it got rotated on an angle and blown up so big it reaches into space).
What are you working on in GA? - Page 2 Spore_2011-07-07_22-03-39
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by 95razor73 Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:47 pm

I was working on a portal adventure for the first few test chambers of portal1. I think i'll make a portal2 related GA too.
Very Happy portal is so awesome Very Happy
95razor73
95razor73

Male
Spore Name : 95Razor73

Back to top Go down

Post by LordRemington Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:02 am

Nice work there Dino. Creative how you made the dragonfly. and yeah I remember that glitch. Long time ago, but i remember you can make a basically infinitely large tree if you use some glitch.

@razor, before I gave up spore I had been trying to make a portal mission, but due to the relatively limited amount of things you can do with teleporters I gave up on it. and yes portal is awesome awesome

LordRemington
LordRemington
Euro Moderator
Euro Moderator

Male
Spore Name : Reyes1

https://www.youtube.com/user/L0rdRemington?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by 95razor73 Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:57 am

@razor, before I gave up spore I had been trying to make a portal mission, but due to the relatively limited amount of things you can do with teleporters I gave up on it. and yes portal is awesome
Making the "first slice" chambers of portal is kinda easy but making the ones where chell uses the "two-portals-shooting-awesome-thingy" seems impossible to me.
And portal is even more than awesome! awesome awesome
95razor73
95razor73

Male
Spore Name : 95Razor73

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2