EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

+15
LordRemington
Aieru
MarkyDMan
bmpalmann
Zellex
Tyranidking
SuperLoki
Dino589
Vektrix
flux
Shadow
Lumorei
Hawkbird2000
Icedmask
Arkanay
19 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Icedmask Mon May 17, 2010 3:34 am

I have an ruined building set that may fit into this adventure (it is actually shown on my Building Set Contest thread) Cool
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 500570817050Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 500571838777Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 500574701243Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 500575944230

Anyway, we need a lot of parts for the adventure, we will have to use almost everything. I also came up with a titan, im not sure at all on the colourscheme so i can change it at any time.
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 Titan
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 3:36 am

Cool titan, Iced. Any chances of a bigger pic?

Even though your ruined building is awesome, I'd prefer if all the creations were built exactly for this adventure, instead of using old stuff, but still the theme would be quite similar to that.

Furthermore, we'll need some story for the natives, titan, aliens, daemons, so feel free to speculate.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon May 17, 2010 3:47 am

Sure a larger pic..
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 500591387979_lrg

Yeah, I agree. Special made parts is the best. I can make some more buildings in that style. Anyway I think we need to start dividing the rest of the work before we starting to make parts.
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 3:53 am

Sure, but for that we've got to hear some more feedback on the story from the other users :-) I think we pretty much got it but we've got to hear what they have to say so we can really make it something we did together.

Also, in the future, for example, if you're responsible for making the natives, that doesn't mean you can't come up with an alien and suggest it. It simply means the natives would be your responsibility to create but also other users can help you out with it, give you tips, etc.

Your titan's pretty cool, Iced, even though I'd prefer a less sharp face.
Also, if you'd change anything in the story, say now :-P
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino589 Mon May 17, 2010 4:25 am

Just spent the twenty minutes or so messing around with first landscape concept, based on what was discussed earlier. Take a look.

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 Concept1

Features a jungle plateau overlooking a black rocky plain. In the distance, the sun begins to appear over the black cloud of smoke generated by an active volcano.
Wasn't sure what sort of trees we wanted, so I just went for very sickly, spindly trees with vines hanging out.
Dino589
Dino589
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : Dino589

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 4:32 am

Excelent, Dino. That's very, very cool. I'd think the forest to be a little more exotic, with perhaps odd (but not too much) looking plants, with mostly green, dark green and some hints of teal.

That lanscape is real cool :-)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon May 17, 2010 4:39 am

I think we should make the first post into a summary of the adventure, something like this:

Story:
Planet:
Theme:
Parts:
ect..

So it would be easier for players to see what we have discussed and agreed on.

As for the story, i pretty much agree, but i don't think we should reveal the titan, the savior and the underworld gate by some inscriptions in the temple, i have an idea:

After you found the info about the daemons and the savior in the temple, you became more curios and wanted to travel to the nearest daemon city. You sneak into the city and find out that the daemons really are an advanced alien race. You continue trough the city, but end up on the wrong side. You now find yourself in a barren mountain landscape. After you have searched around a bit you find an old native that gives you the whole story about the titan and the underworld. You now clearly understand that you are the "savior" and what you have to do.

I like the idea that you get all the information peace by peace, it makes the player more curious. Also, wouldn't it be cool if we left inscriptions around the adventure with a lot of background story and extra information about the natives, the planet, and the daemons? This would give the whole adventure and unique depth.

It's a great landscape dino, just what i had in mind Thumbs Up
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 4:42 am

Yes, Iced. I totally agree with inscriptions around the adventure.

I'm not totally sure about an old native telling you that info. In my opinion, it's kinda cooler you seeing it in the oldest temple, in writtings on the wall that date milleniums.

That's my opinion though :-P

I'll mess with the OP..
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon May 17, 2010 4:52 am

Sure, the old native was just an idea. Just that you find the info about the titan after the ancient temple, so that we don't reveal the Titan to early.
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 5:02 am

OP updated ;-)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon May 17, 2010 5:31 am

I agree on the whole story, i think we have got it sorted out now. Good to see some of my (and others) ideas in there as well.

I suggest that we make this adventure into two parts. There is a lot of great details in this adventure, and im not sure of that we can push it all into just 8 acts. Maybe we can end the 1rst part when the player finds the temple and the info about the titan?
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Mon May 17, 2010 5:37 am

Possible names for the Daemons or the Natives:

Maru
Trunet
Alysna
Olesha
Soduk
Sedopel
Xentha
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 5:38 am

I was thinking about it yesterday, Iced.

If we split it into 2 parts, it can be right after you find info about the titan or right before you find about the titan.
We'd then have to decide in what part we'd "tell" about the titan.

OTher thing, dividing in 2 adventures, gives us more complexity to work on them, so that could be a good idea. Updating OP

Also, on page 3, I have some native design and name suggestions.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon May 17, 2010 5:44 am

Im suggesting that we soon find a title for the series, and an title for each adventure.

Example: The End is Beautiful - Part 2: The Mayor of Muscitania. (title of the adventure is written in the description) It's actually an series of mine, never finished tough.

EDIT: "Xenta" it's a great name for the daemons Thumbs Up
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 5:48 am

Arkanay wrote:Okay, so I was in the mood and came up with a few suggestions for the native race.

Names: Ko'wath ; Nayo ; Bac'nu ; Zrin ; Soron ; etc, etc, etc...

And here are a few creations, which will either serve as inspiration for the natives or one will be chosen

Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 500590517051_lrg
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 500590557003_lrg
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 500590557013_lrg
Forum's Adventure - Sporecast and Adventure Acts Description in the OP - Page 4 500590557021_lrg

Here's the some I came up with.
Edit: Icedmask, why don't you join the chat at the bottom of the forum, so we ca discuss this better? :-)
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon May 17, 2010 5:52 am

I think the first one would be great as a native, great stuff Thumbs Up

But shouldn't we instead start to dividing the work of making the races and the planet?
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Mon May 17, 2010 5:52 am

Well, after reading the OP, I can offer the following assistance:
*I am well known for my story capabilities, so I can be your loremaster should it be necessary. I can even give names for daemonic or Tribal characters if need be. I am also very good at constructing languages for a purpose.

*I am very good when it comes to telling the story itself. I can help you with the speaking parts of the creations, and do all the writing parts of the Adventure. I can make very unique personalities for the characters and I can help make the adventure 'come alive'.

What I cannot do:
*You are clearly after a professional adventure. My creations would be a stain on this perfection. I will not create for you. No characters, no nothing. My talent is not of the standard you seek. There are far better people here.
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 5:54 am

Nidking, that's totally fine. People help in the way they can :-)

Iced, we'll start dividing soon, I was just in the mood :-P
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Mon May 17, 2010 6:43 am

Great, hope i can be useful in the creating Smile
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 6:47 am

I've spoken with Nid on the chat and he'll work on background stories for the races ;-) We're still on the chat, btw
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Mon May 17, 2010 7:55 am

The Traiyaxl

The Traiyaxl (Try-ahg-zill) are the tribe of the planet, a pre-middle age people who worship the Cloudseers, three deities who walk the clouds, watching over the world and their 'children'. They have a highly advanced and complex language, Triajyll (Try-ay-jill). They are a pacifist tribe, partially because their gods teach of unending love to all things that aren't evil. Because of this, they have a nigh-unbreakable bond with nature.

Cloudseers: The Cloudseers are three magnificent sky-dwelling deities that are sworn to the protection of their children and the environment of the planet. They consist of Krilitangu (Cry-Le-Tan-Goo), the seeder of life, Grauheng (Gru-Heng), the protector of souls, and Maliteph (Mal-ee-Teff), the balance of nature. Krilitangu is the deity that controls the birth of all the Traiyaxl, to make sure the newborn children are pure of heart. He weighs them in the river, and if they have any form of evil in them, their souls will sink, to be purified by the waves. Once purified, he kisses the soul sweetly, and the birth takes place. If the spirit is pure evil, he cries bitterly as he casts it away, and the baby dies. Grauheng is the Spirit who protects the souls after death, and before birth. It is his duty to fly in the skies with the souls, and protect them from evil. Should he fail, some might become corrupt and be cast away by Krilitangu. To stop this happening, it is customary that the tribe offer sweet leaves into the sky every week, to calm Gauheng down and make him strong. This tradition is strictly monitored by the Teridai (Ter-ah-die), or Tribe leader. If Gauheng fails its task, it is believed Krilitangu will become so aggrieved he will curse Gauheng, causing all the tribe's children to be corrupted with evil. Because of this, there is a third deity who is absolutely vital to the survival of the planet, who the Traiyaxl believe to be Maliteph. Maliteph is the balance of nature, the guardian who, according to the tribe's religion, will protect the tribe with his immesurable power. He is the teacher, the one who shows the tribe the importance of worship. His teachings are given in prayer by the Olesha (Oh-lee-sha) otherwise known as the shaman of the tribe. The Olesha is always female, as it is believed that Maliteph gave a part of his own soul to the females, to make them beautiful. This is how they know his teachings. With his prayers of balancing, the tribe keeps both Guaheng and Krilitangu happy.

Notable names:
The Teridai: Mayimyr (My-ihm-eer)
The Olesha: Yillida (Jill-ee-dah)
(Other names can be added by teammembers.)

Thanks go out to Lumorei for the word Olesha.
I take no credit for what is written here. This is now the property of Arkanay and the team working on the adventure.
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 7:56 am

This works great to me. Let's see what others think.

Updating OP.
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumorei Mon May 17, 2010 8:06 am

Yay Olesha! Wait...the story is kind of confusing me. Who does what now? Neutral
Lumorei
Lumorei
Exiled

Female
Spore Name : Lumorei / Unpronouncable

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Lumorei

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Mon May 17, 2010 8:11 am

Olesha is a shaman.

Teridai is the Chieftain.
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Mon May 17, 2010 8:12 am

Remember nidking, they're not in really tribes with chieftains and such. They're a bit "lost" race spread throughout the planet. Some still can be shamans and perhaps a few rare communities have a chieftain ;-)

OP Updated
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next