EuroSpore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great

+35
Drew980
Trick
UltimateZob
Dormin
Didzo
Shardna
jellyman12
Descardion
world_piece
bmpalmann
Illusionary
MarkyDMan
Gen
Vago
OneDeadSlime
Mr. Dr. Prof. Walrus
ProbablynotHax
Andeavor
Sakiara
LoD
Copperlou
MjrGlory
LordRemington
Kevin92
embercoral
Frostmoon
Xaesheir
Mudo
TheBuzzard
TyrannoFan
Icedmask
Vektrix
Tyranidking
Arkanay
SuperLoki
39 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great Empty 11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great

Post by SuperLoki Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:34 am

Look at the sporepedia now. And all the people fighting to get attention. Why do they do this? They want to be popular and known, get comments and ratings. But is it really that great? (FYI, this is MY opinion on this, not fact)

1. You get too much attention
Everyone likes a bit of attention, but everyone has their limit. While nice at first, after a while, it does become overwhelming, with people constantly trying to talk to you and having, literally, hundreds or thousands of fans.

2. Fun and Games turn into work
When you first started Spore, you were likely to play it, and not instantly know about the popularity thing. Like me, I played the game over and over for months, and I loved it. Like many people, I got bored and began creating. Then I got popular. And now, people expect so much of me. "Make this! Make that! Check my creations! Play my adventures! Give me comments!" So many orders, and yet you're supposed to be the respected leader o.O Where's the fun in this?

3. You get a reputation
As said earlier, people expect too much out of you, and you have to keep that going if you want to get some respect - not the right kind of respect, but still. And with this, sometimes you get a reputation you don't like or want, or if you do one little thing YOU want to do, it shatters everything.

4. You can't always be polite
Fans. What can you do? I think every popular creator was polite enough to answer questions, finish requests and pay back every comment they received. But I think you can all agree, it does get a bit much. Eventually you spend more time doing what your fans want, and less time creating, thus losing more fans due to lack of creating. And not only that, but when you're answering the same damn question over and over, it gets annoying, and it's harder to answer every time or pay back every comment D:

5. You're not always welcomed
If you're talented, then good for you, you should be pleased, and so should those around you. But what about contests and challenges? Maybe you want to have some fun, or help a few people? If you show up and ask to join, people often shun you away, claiming you're too good and will make them look bad. This hasn't happened often to me, personally, but I've seen it happen to so many other creators, and it's quite sad.

6. You may get stalkers
God, this is a scary thing to go through. If your fans love you enough (or are just that plain creepy) they'll try to find you on other websites, and by doing this, they can get information. People have managed to find my YouTube, DeviantArt, and even my real Facebook accounts just by doing searches - how creepy! And it gets worse! Sometimes you find random people with crushes on you, people you don't know or haven't seen before. When that happens... God, anything you do gets monitored and whined at.

7. Popularity is corrupt and cheated
You all probably know about this. A year ago, everything was fine, fair, and fun. Now, it's all about Dragons and UBD and whiney downrated/attention-seeking creations. As well as this, you'll find yourself with either too much or too little of the attention or fame you deserve for your effort. You spend ages making a beautifully decorated piece of artwork, and you get shunned out by a crappy asymmetric Dragon or a poorly made zombie with UBD stamped on it.

8. You get flooded with invites
Contests. Clubs. Clans. They all want you. People never realize you are just one person who has a life out side of Spore, and never consider just how many invites you get. If you accept it all, you may find yourself in 10 clubs, 4 of which are about Dragons, and about 30 easy, redundant contests. Why bother? Or do they really think you have the time to get into all of that?

9. You get treated like a robot, not like a human
People just don't realize there's a person behind that name. You'll get little-to-no respect as a person, and are always demanded of things. This can result to being spoken down to, or getting insulted or ordered around for not responding. You're expected to return hundreds of comments, but you're only human, you can't do it, and you get insulted for it. It's sad.

10. You're more likely to be harassed and banned

With your name commonly seen and spoken, people will get to know you, and will want your attention, as said earlier. But sometimes you attract the wrong attention. Who knows? You might be absolutely completely innocent, just enjoying your game, and some jealous kid will see you and want to make you feel bad by insulting and swearing at you, threatening you, down-rating you, and even reporting you. They might be people you'll never meet, but it's still an unpleasant experience - take it from me. I've been targeted and banned 5 times, photoshopped and attempted hacks and viruses. Some things are just harder to ignore than others.
Oh yeah, and if you make one little mistake on a creation, something than can be mistaken for something else, and you're banned.

11. Your opinion becomes too important
People approach you for advice on creating stuff, even if they are asking questions about stuff totally unrelated to your sporepedia. Some people even take your opinions as fact, and then are quite happy to tell people that you said this, so this must be gospel.

So, just try to have some fun. Don't be so eager to getting all that popularity and fame. Relax, have fun, and enjoy yourself while you can Smile

Last edited by SuperLoki on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:58 am; edited 2 times in total
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female
Spore Name : Rebecca1208

Back to top Go down

11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great Empty Re: 11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great

Post by Arkanay Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:40 am

SuperLoki wrote:
So, just try to have some fun. Don't be so eager to getting all that popularity and fame.
Relax, have fun, and enjoy yourself while you can Smile

Good advice here Thumbs Up

You should hire some gorilla body guards to watch your rear. Smile
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great Empty Re: 11 Reasons why Spore Fame is NOT all that great

Post by Tyranidking Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:41 am

One of the massive advantages of me being a bad creator ^^
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:55 am

With the exception of 6 and 10, perfect for me.

One I may like to add

11. Your opinion becomes too important
People approach you for advice on creating stuff, even if they are asking questions about stuff totally unrelated to your sporepedia. Some people even take your opinions as fact, and then are quite happy to tell people that you said this, so this must be gospel.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male
Spore Name : Vektrix / SporeMasterVek

http://www.eurospore.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Icedmask Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:03 am

That's exactly how I feel it some times, especially with the invites. No! I don't want to join any Super Awesome Spore clan named SAC, SUB or UCS
Icedmask
Icedmask
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Icedmask

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:03 am

SuperLoki wrote:Sometimes you find random people with crushes on you

Hi.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBuzzard Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:04 am

The bit about getting banned for insignificant things is more to do with Customer Support banning first and asking questions never. But yes, it's more likely to happen to "famous" creators.
TheBuzzard
TheBuzzard

Male
Spore Name : TheBuzzard
Location : In a maximun securtiy prison for eating the CEO of EA's chocolate bar... lawyers can do anything these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:10 am

Vektrix- Ah, a very good point. Adding.

Tyranno- You're not a problem, in this case. You're a lot more friendly and relaxed about it. I've had people chase me down and ask me countless questions and begging to know how to get me to like them, despite me having a boyfriend.

TheBuzzard- True, but it's also abusing the report button. Most of the time, one report does nothing, it just flags a creation up. Me and Hydro_Glyph were forcefully perma-banned for innocent creations. When it is bought to CS's attention, it'll get sorted, but most of the time, people don't know how to react and just go crazy instead, accomplishing nothing.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:12 am

I have asked Cactus about the CS team incidentally... awaiting response.
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudo Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:17 am

This reminds me of a cracked article. Smile
Mudo
Mudo
EuroSpore 1951
EuroSpore 1951

Male
Spore Name : Mudokon117

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:21 am

Thank you, Vektrix.

Yeah, Mudo Laughing I've been thinking about doing this thread for a while, and as soon as I wrote the title, I thought about Cracked and wondered if I should add pictures or not xD
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vektrix Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:34 am

Cracked?
Vektrix
Vektrix
Euro Leader
Euro Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:45 am

It's a comedy website with really interesting and truthful but funny articles, images and videos.

I've always refused to give a link to it here, since it is quite mature and often uses swear words.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanay Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:55 am

Btw Rebecca can u join my cnotest "Outtfit a Hugmonster" pls? Kthxbai

Joking Razz This thread should be stickied. Really good advice here for both new and old Spore Players Thumbs Up
Arkanay
Arkanay
EuroSpore 2007
EuroSpore 2007

Male
Spore Name : Arkanay

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:57 am

Stickied, eh? If you say so, I didn't think it would be that useful Razz

And sure, I'll join your contests *grumbles*
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBuzzard Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:05 am

LOL, contests seem to have become Spore's version of "can I get your signature?"
TheBuzzard
TheBuzzard

Male
Location : In a maximun securtiy prison for eating the CEO of EA's chocolate bar... lawyers can do anything these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:09 am

That, and comments/subscriptions Laughing
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaesheir Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:27 am

12. The more comments and subscribers you get...
...the more spam and flaming you recieve. Also, you become a bigger target for trolls.
Xaesheir
Xaesheir
Delegate
Delegate

Male
Spore Name : xDoomsoulx

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:33 am

I think that applies to 8, 9 and 10 Smile Still, doesn't mean it's any less true.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostmoon Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:49 am

This is why I don't want to be popular, not that 9. would include me.
Frostmoon
Frostmoon
EuroSpore 1948
EuroSpore 1948

Male
Spore Name : Froststar

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Froststar

Back to top Go down

Post by embercoral Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:14 am

Hmm...I'm just happy to have buddies ever. I've been a Spore member since March, and I only ever started getting noticed in July! I now have...49 subs, and I think that's enough!
embercoral
embercoral

Female
Spore Name : embercoral

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBuzzard Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:03 am

A few months ago I had about 2 subs... now its shot up by at least twenty... at what point should I be worried about these 11 things?
TheBuzzard
TheBuzzard

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyranidking Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:04 am

When you're like me and have 190 subs, you'll start wishing you only had ten.
Tyranidking
Tyranidking
EuroSpore 1965
EuroSpore 1965

Male
Spore Name : Nidking

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannoFan Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:07 am

Tyranidking wrote:When you're like me and have 190 subs, you'll start wishing you only had ten.

Indeed, the same way when you're old, you wish you were young.
TyrannoFan
TyrannoFan
EuroSpore 1957
EuroSpore 1957

Male
Spore Name : Creaturepre

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperLoki Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:07 am

Depends, Buzzard. Everyone has different experiences and tolerances.
SuperLoki
SuperLoki
EuroSpore 1997
EuroSpore 1997

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next